Undercover Rose - Cover

Undercover Rose

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 91

After a couple of hours of uncomfortable 'bonding' in front of the giant screen TV they left me alone in the bottom level of the studio/apartment. I was able to climb the stairs finally, so I expected to have the discussion about sleeping arrangements.

Since the discussion didn't happen I was treated to the sounds of Bart and Rita screwing like rabbits. It might go on all night since her visit had started with her arrival Saturday morning. On just the second day together, I wouldn't be surprised if they went for the marathon screwing.

I went on the computer, but couldn't find Dark Daddy, which wasn't unusual. Our relationship if you could all it that was more like, 'Oh you are here.' Certainly it wasn't like an online affair or anything. Since I had a lawyer in my house, I thought of it as a non-committal relationship. It was more a sort of, 'if I see you, I see you, ' kind of thing.

I really didn't know why them screwing pissed me off, but it did. Even so it didn't stop me masturbating to the sounds. So instead of Dark Daddy, I masturbated to the sounds of Rita's moans and stifled screams of pleasure. Even though Rita was black her body hadn't aged like so many black women. She hadn't let herself get soft at all. She was still tight and trim. It was hard to tell her age. She was likely either forty or just past it.

I, on the other hand, was in the twilight of my third decade on earth. If youth counted for anything, I was one up on her. I expected that it wasn't the years that counted in the eyes of men, it was most likely the miles. As any used car salesman might tell you a new but high mileage car was less valuable.

Monday morning I was up before the sun. Since it was fall like morning in Alabama, I pulled on an extra sweatshirt before I left on the E trike for breakfast. I was able to gently pedal the trike along with the E motor running at very low RPMs. It was more moving my leg round and round rather than actually pedaling. Unlike being on a stationary bicycle, I had a feeling of accomplishment.

I also got away from Bart and Rita for a while. That's what I thought anyway. I was almost finished with breakfast when they pulled into the parking lot. When they sat down I was tempted to leave.

"I told Rita we always made decisions over breakfast, so she insisted we drive down to meet you," Bart said.

"I can't make a decision till I get my research done," I said.

"What more do you need done?" Rita asked.

"So is she doing the talking for you now?" I asked.

"No, but she is representing my interest here," he said.

"Why do you feel you need a lawyer. Surely you didn't expect me to screw you?" I asked. I didn't realize how resentful I had been since he mention invoking the buy, sell clause in our contract. But I realized that morning that I was really pissed.

"Come on Rose, you know all things come to an end," Bart said.

"Usually someone dies when that happens," I replied.

"Or someone just moves on like you did, when you came here," Rita interjected.

"You don't want to go there," I said angrily. We had always discussed our plans in the restaurant. It kept our conversations civil to know people were listening. That morning I didn't particularly care.

"Or what," she said equally snippy.

"Or we will discuss what you and Bart were doing while I was getting raped daily in a jungle prison," I said. "You did know that was part of me and Bart's relationship."

"You do know I had nothing to do with that?" he said.

"I also know you did nothing to stop it," I said.

"They would have killed you, if we had tried," he said.

"And you think my life was better there then being dead?" I laughed as I said it.

"Okay that's in the past," Bart said.

"I told your bitch lawyer not to go there," I said. "How much do you want for your share?"

"The business was appraised at almost half a million," Rita said again.

"If you have any fucking sense at all you will sit quietly," I said to her menacingly.

"Do you know who I am?" she asked.

"Yes, do you know what I am?" I asked. That shut her up.

"I want to see a copy of that appraisal," I said.

"Of course," he said.

"What is the value of the building, machinery, and stock on hand?" I asked.

"It hasn't appreciated or really depreciated in the year we have had it. The market says as pieces it worth around Two hundred thousand.

"That's about our investment," I said.

"Yeah, and since we have no debt that and the brand is all the assets," he said.

"So they say the brand is worth three hundred thousand," I asked.

"They are just guessing," Bart said.

"Frankly I think it is worth more, but I'll give you half the appraisal to get rid of you," I said looking at Rita.

"Can you raise that kind of money?" she asked.

"Let me worry about that. I think there was a thirty day cooling off option in the buy/sell clause in the contract. At the end of that period I will have your 250K." I saw the look that passed between them. They hadn't expected me to make that move.

"I would rather settle this sooner."

"Don't tell me you have already burned your bridges," I said looking at Rita.

"How about I buy you out for three hundred thousand and take the studio building as well." he said.

"No thanks," I said.

"Three and a half," Rita said.

"I thought so, you are planning to be Bart's new partner. Isn't there a question of ethics here?" I asked.

"No, I just can't represent you," she said.

"That isn't going to be a problem," I assured her.

"It's a fair price," Bart said.

"Bull shit, I can take that much out of it in a couple of years. I don't need money right now so why should I?" I asked.

"Because you know you are going to get bored. You are a builder not an operator," Bart said. "As for that leaving you in that hole, ask Silvia how may times I tried to get her to let me go get you. It just couldn't be done."

"You just really don't want to bring up the past to me. But if you two are going to be an item, I'll buy you out and you can become farmers," I suggested. I was sure it was going to go the other way, but I just couldn't manage to say yes.

"Look how about this? Two hundred thousand in cash and half of the profits for the next two years. You won't have any control of the day to day operation but you can monitor the expenditures and the income. You have my word we won't try to screw you," Bart said.

"We can't do that," Rita said.

"Yes we can and we will," Bart said.

"No we can't. We need that money to build the business," she said.

"Sell it to me under the same conditions then. I'll give you two hundred K and fifty percent of the profit for the next two years," I said. Bart knew that I realized what he was thinking. "You are planning on an expansion and there won't be large profits till that is paid off. It's what I would do."

"We are at an impasse then," Bart asked.

"Yes we are," I agreed.

"If you would let me make a suggestion?" Rita spoke. I forced myself to keep quiet and listen. How about two hundred thousand now, and 50% of the profits for two years. Bart will guarantee your share to be more than two hundred thousand total. If he doesn't fulfill his commitment then you just sue for breach of contract."

"I could have the accounts audited at any time?" I asked.

"At your own expense but yes," Bart agreed. "I get the studio as well as the factory."

"I will clear my things out when you make the first payment of two hundred thousand dollars," I said.

"More coffee all around to celebrate," Bart said. While he went to the self serve coffee bar to refill the cups, Rita feverishly made notes on her notebook.

"Do you hate me or are you jealous," she asked without looking up.

"I started the company and Bart helped me move it into production. Far as I can see you aren't bringing a lot to the table," I suggested.

"It's my two hundred K sweetie," she said.

"Then maybe I should have asked for it all in cash," I said.

"Maybe you should have," she said.

"So when are you moving to Alabama?" I asked.

"I have already moved. I'm just waiting to find a place to live to establish residency for a divorce. I don't want my husband to get everything. We were only married three years," Rita informed me.

"Well good luck you two. I'm going home to shower then meet Hannah for the day's work at the factory," I admitted. I stayed long enough to finish half the coffee refill then I rode off on the trike.

I finished my shower then walked across the street before Bart and Rita returned. Hanna came in fifteen minutes after I did. I helped Hannah with the first step. The first step was to put the stalks and stems into the grinder. We had found early on that they were easier to grind if they were dry and fibrous. After they were ground as fine as a tobacco product we put them in large pans then into a steam cabinet for half an hour to break down the fibers.

The oil and flavoring went into a big ass mixer for a quick tossing like a salad being dressed. Then we packaged it. We still didn't have that part mechanized. We sat at a long table and spooned it into the envelopes which were placed into cardboard boxes the size of two packs of playing cards. The process could be completed in a single day, but the results were less than four hundred boxes of tea per day.

The last year we sold all we could produce to a tune of over four hundred thousand. After expenses Bart and I shared two hundred and thirty five thousand. It was just our second year and we made the most money I had ever made legally.

We took almost a hundred thousand to upgrade equipment and order the automated packing machine. It was capable of making a couple of different packages. Bigger and smaller packs were going to be on the menu.

Bart came in after the grinding was done. The stems and stalks were in the steamer when he came inside. "I called about the packaging system. It should be here this week."

"That's good, I'm getting tired of filling boxes all day. So is Rita going to fill the boxes when she takes my place?" I asked.

"By then we will have the packaging machine up and running," Bart said.

"Can you finish this up when Hannah gets back here this afternoon, if I'm not back?"

"Sure where you off to?" Bart asked.

"Need to see a lawyer of my own," I said. Bart agreed and I left just a little after nine. The stalks and seed were in the steam cabinets. When they came from there they would be dried blended with tea and packaged. By the time Hannah returned from school it might be ready to package or it might not be. If it wasn't ready there were thing Hannah could do. She was a smart girl and knew every step of the process.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.