Making It Work - Cover

Making It Work

Copyright© 2013 by Cotton Nightie

May 10, 2013

Drama Sex Story: May 10, 2013 - Following immediately after Cousins on Vacation, John and I are forced to deal with the fallout from Jules' breakdown. John has a secret he needs to share, but I discover that is just the beginning as we struggle to Make It Work.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Romantic   Tear Jerker   Cousins   Light Bond   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oral Sex   Slow  

It's been three weeks since that awful night at the Hickory Hammer.

The first week of rest nearly drove me insane. Between the horrible dreams, the boredom, and being muddle headed from the drugs, I was not much fun to be around. Jules didn't let me do anything strenuous, which became a constant source of irritation. When I was ugly to her, she treated me as harshly as I deserved. I'm sad to say I snapped at one point and said some very hurtful things. Being a true friend, she ignored it and never brought it up again. I did eventually apologize, but all she did was give me a smile and a kiss.

There was a beautiful memorial service for Kendra the following weekend. It was just after I was allowed out again. Jules wanted to go with me, and John came to provide moral support. It was the first time I'd been in a church since my father's funeral. I was asked by her mother to say something, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I learned so much more about her life. It seemed to help me rather than hurt more.

Jules forced me to go see Dr. Valverde that second week like she promised. I had never been to see a therapist before and was nervous. I expected him to have a chaise lounge in his office, but we just sat and talked in two over-stuffed chairs. He was kind and listened very well, asking me questions about all kinds of things to give me time to relax. After that he asked about how I was sleeping and eating, about any dreams I was having, and then he asked me questions about that night.

What impressed me most was that he didn't seem to focus on the lurid details, rather he kept asking how I felt about things. It reminded me of a doctor examining a cut or a broken bone; he didn't care what happened so much as how it felt when he pushed here or there. He didn't share what he thought about what I said, but he did take a lot of notes. I don't really understand what the purpose was exactly, but I did feel better afterwards. He suggested that I scheduled weekly sessions for as long as we were in town. I did.

Jules helped me get around campus and kept me company during my classes. The gossip ran ahead of us so most people left us alone, but some of Kendra's friends came by during breaks and at lunch to speak to us both. Jules is hard to read sometimes, but I could tell she was feeling strained by all the attention for some reason. She said it was nothing when I asked her. I'd like to have talked to John about it, but he'd spent the week in Norfolk to work with his lab partners and take his finals.

I kept feeling like I needed to reassure her somehow, so I held her hands and even kissed her out in public, which I hadn't dared to do before. It seemed to help. I have to admit that it really turned me on, which led to a lovely couple of afternoons after we got home.

My professors were extremely understanding and excused both my absences and the work for the week I was out. Catching up was hard, but I was able to borrow notes from some of my classmates and pushed through the material. I even got to take my finals home. As a result I was able to keep my grade point average up and graduate with my class.

I was trying on my cap and gown for the commencement ceremony late in the afternoon while Jules got ready for her shift at the bar. She came out of the closet and stepped into her jeans.

"What do you think?" I modeled my cap and gown for her while standing on my toes to show how it would look in heels.

"You look like a graduate." She gave me a smirk as she zipped up and buttoned her jeans. "I'm proud of you."

Her compliment made me blush. "What do you mean?"

"I see how hard you worked at school over the years. I never cared enough to go after it like that."

"But your grades were almost as good as mine and you never had to study."

"In high school, yeah, but I just spent two weeks going to classes with you. I was lost ten minutes after that first class."

"Accounting is hard, but you didn't start at the beginning. I wouldn't have been able to follow either if I'd jumped in at the end."

She stepped close, took my gown in her fists, and pulled me close. "You can't just take a compliment, can you?" She kissed me softly. "Just say thank you." She kissed me again.

"Thank you," I whispered and slipped my arms around her waist. We kissed until the heat made me run my hands over her back. My lips found her ear lobe. "Can you be late for your shift?"

"No," she breathed into my ear. I gasped as the hair all over my body stood on end.

"Damn it." I ran my fingers into her hair to bring our lips together again. I devoured her lips and tongue, running my hands all over her. She shuddered again me and slipped her hands inside my gown.

"Where are your clothes?"

"I have on panties." I pushed my stomach against hers. Her hands slipped under the elastic band and over my bare ass.

"Not for long."

I laughed. "I thought you couldn't be late?" She knelt down, sliding my panties past my knees before pressing her lips against my mons. I had to shut my eyes.

"Maybe a little bit." She pushed her face into me, forcing my thighs apart as her tongue slipped inside.

I could only stand there with my mouth open. "Oh, fuck." I felt her fingers reaching in from behind, holding me open for her tongue. I pushed my hips forward, trying to force myself into her mouth. "Oh, fuck!"

I felt one finger push inside and my knees got weak. I had to support myself by resting my hands on her shoulders. The release was building fast and I wanted it so badly. Jules moaned like she was the one in ecstasy.

"Fuck!" The release rocked me. I barely kept my feet, but Jules held me until it passed.

One quick kiss on my mons and then she smiled up at me. "My turn, please."

I drew her up and pulled her towards the bed by tugging at the snap on her jeans. "Help me."

She pulled off her shirt and bra while I managed to pull off her jeans and panties together. We attacked each other in a frenzy of kisses, our lips moving quickly from one place to another. My sore shoulder made me take it easier than I wanted to, but I still managed to force her back against the pillows.

"Yes," she whispered. I pushed my palm against her mons and kissed down her neck. I devoured her nipples while pressing my face into her soft breasts. The pressure from her hands encouraged me to continue down with low moans.

I found her soaking wet. My fingers slipped across her opening, her swollen nub felt large against my palm. She pushed harder on my good shoulder, impatient with the pace I'd set. I kissed downward, spending a moment just under her navel as her stomach muscles tried to escape my tongue.

"Oh, god, Kate!" she cried. I finally reached my goal. Her mons was slick as I slipped my tongue over it. She opened herself to me, her fingers holding back the delicate folds so my lips could suck her nub against my tongue. She tasted like electricity as I covered with my mouth. Her release drove her to strain against my open mouth. I found myself making the same hungry moan she had made before.

I placed small kisses all over her mons while she recovered. She ran her fingers through my hair and hummed tunelessly. "If I don't shower again I'm going to smell like sex."

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

"If I smell you on me all night, I'm going to fuck you when I get home."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," I said again with a grin. "John should be back tonight."

"Good, I'll fuck him, too."

"I might save you a little."

"But you're going to be at Chris' house all night for your graduation dinner."

"So? Love will find a way." I crawled up and kissed her. "I wish you could be there."

"Me, too, but I can't leave Hank in the lurch after everything he's done for me. I also wish I could be there to see you get your diploma this afternoon."

"It's just an empty tube. They mail the real ones. If Mom wasn't so excited about it I'd just blow it off."

She brushed my hair out of my face and kissed me again. "I know it will be hard for you when they skip her name."

"Yeah, but no harder than having all of her friends coming around all week to talk to you."

Jules was quiet for a moment, then said, "I keep telling you it wasn't like you imagine. We were close, but it was more casual than you keep thinking."

"It may have been for you, but you can't pretend you didn't know she felt more than that."

"She felt more for you in two weeks than she did for me in months. We were just dating." She didn't say it out loud, but I felt the words hanging there between us.

"She thought she loved me, Jules. It was never that way for me."

I saw her jaw muscles clench. "It's over now regardless."

"Jules, I'm serious. I never felt that way about her."

"Look, you love John and it's fine with me. Just admit it."

"I stayed away from her, just like you asked. It didn't even bother me that much. You know it's true because we talked all week while you were in Norfolk."

"You felt something for her."

"Yes, I felt friendship." I sat up and pushed away the frustration. "I know you never had that many close friends, but it is possible to like someone without wanting to sleep with them."

"I'd actually feel better if all you wanted to do was sleep with her."

"Jules, you are my best friend and my lover." I touched her face. "No one is more important than you are to me, not even John. I risked losing him to keep you."

"I know that in my head, but I can't stop feeling this ... jealousy." She had tears her eyes when she sat up.

"You feel anything you need to feel. I'll love you the same anyway." I took her hand. "Just please believe me."

"I really do. I'm trying."

"I know. I can't thank you enough for the last few weeks. You've been a rock for me."

She leaned in and kissed me tenderly. "Can I wake you up when I come in tonight?"

"Yes, please. Assuming we're asleep." I grinned.

She got up and put her clothes back on. "This is going to be torture."

"What?"

"Smelling you on me, knowing John is going to be having you." She was flushed again.

"We could wait for you, I don't mind."

"No, you two have fun. Get his easy one out of the way for me. I want it rough tonight."

I felt a shiver. "How rough?"

"If we're not too tired, I'd like to play a bit. You feeling it?"

"Yes, Ma'am. I'd like that, too."

"Float the idea and see if John wants to be on top."

"Over both of us?" I was practically trembling at the idea. She'd never really understood my desires in this way. I didn't know if she was just saying it for me or if she really wanted it.

She tugged her belt tight. "Yes." Her eyes were sparkling with mischief.

I stood and embraced her. "Thanks."

She pulled me back by my hair and made me look up in her eyes. It caused my whole body to tingle, like the sparks when she kissed me. Then she left with a smile.

I showered and dressed in the skirt and top I picked out for the ceremony. The cap and gown went into a tote along with some sweats, my sneakers, and a tee shirt I stole from John. Before I left I turned back the bed and pulled out a few things for later.

The short drive to the Knoxville Civic Coliseum ended with me standing in my cap and gown with my graduating class. I spoke to a few friends and smiled at the general exuberance of the crowd, but I missed Kendra. She had been so excited about being a nurse.

Before long we had lined up and processed to our seats. The speeches were appropriately themed, heartfelt, and brief. Then the moment came to walk across the stage to receive our hollow tubes. I bowed my head when Kendra Dahl's name would have been called. I regained my composure by the time our row stood. There was a loud whistle when my name was called and I smiled into the crowd, certain that Chris had done it.

After the ceremony we all threw our caps into the air. I don't know if I got mine back or not when I picked one up off the ground, but it didn't really matter to me. I was done with school for now and my life was going to change. I was ready for some change.

Mom and Chris were waiting for me near the exit and immediately crushed me in a big hug from both of them at once.

"Oh, Kate, I'm so proud." Mom had been crying, but was beaming at me now.

"Thanks, Mom." Chris nodded at me with a tight smile. "Thanks for coming, Chris."

"Happy to. You ready to eat?"

"Yes! Thanks for letting us invade your home again."

"You know me. Any excuse for a party. I'm just surprised you didn't want to invite some of your friends."

"The last couple of months have taken their toll on my old friends. Between the rumors that Monica started, Jules' Dad, and what happened to Kendra..."

Mom piped up then. "Speaking of Jules' Dad, did you hear that he and Shannon have fled the country?"

"What?" I asked in open-mouthed shock.

"It was on the news just before we came here. The police went to arrest him and found they had packed up and gone. The reporter said they found records that they chartered a private jet to somewhere in the Caribbean and then disappeared."

"Jules doesn't know either, I bet."

We started walking towards the parking lot. Chris said, "It also explains why they wanted her trust. Their assets have been frozen for weeks, but according to the news they transferred a large sum of money to a bank out there somewhere. I bet you can guess where that large sum came from, can't you?"

"Jules is going to shit a pickle." I shook my head.

We walked in silence for a while. I noticed Chris holding Mom's hand in a casual way that showed their deep affection for each other. It made me smile. When we got close to my car, Mom stopped and looked like she wanted to say something to me.

In the silence I said, "Thanks again for coming."

Chris squeezed her hand and nodded to encourage her. Mom flushed a deep red and came to take my hands in hers. "Kate, I need to tell you something."

I was looking at our hands when it hit me. "That's not your wedding ring."

"I know."

It had a yellow gold band with a single marquise cut diamond. "It's beautiful." I felt my throat close and my breath caught in my throat. "Oh, Mom, I'm so happy for you!"

She wrapped me up in her arms and hugged me tight. I winced a little as she squeezed the healing wound in my shoulder, but I didn't care. She kissed me on my cheek and I kissed her back.

I said, "Tell me everything!"

"You could probably guess that Chris has been hinting at it for a long time. After you got out of the hospital ... I just realized it was time for me to move on, too. I guess he sensed the change. He asked me on Sunday after he cooked me a wonderful dinner. He was so sweet about it. He kept giving me reasons I could say no before he gave me a chance to answer. I finally had to shut him up with a kiss so I could get a word in."

"And that word was?" I was grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"It was yes, of course, but I won't get married without you being my Maid of Honor."

"You know I will. Have you set a date yet?"

"Not yet, but we both want it to be sometime in the fall or winter."

"I'm so happy for you."

"I wanted to tell you before we announced it to anyone else. We were thinking of hosting our own engagement party on Sunday. Would you all come?"

"Of course. John will be here tonight and I don't think Jules is working on Sunday."

Chris hadn't intruded on our moment yet, but I reached past Mom to give him a big hug. "Congratulations."

"Thank you. Your happiness right now means the world to me."

"You loving my mother means the world to me, so we're even."

He blinked and took a deep breath. "Let's get back to the house before John beats us there."

I texted John before leaving to Chris' house to find out where he was. My phone rang almost immediately.

"So ... what are you wearing?"

"You nut! Are you still on the road?"

"I was just about to text you when I got your message. I'm sitting in front of Chris' house waiting for you!"

"Damn, I'm just getting in my car."

"Did you get your hollow tube?"

"Oh yeah."

"Congratulations!"

"Thanks. I'm just glad it's over, but what I'm really looking forward to is Chris' brisket."

"I can smell it smoking from here in the front yard. It's driving me crazy."

I put my phone on speaker, kicked off my heels, and started driving. "We'll all be there in a few minutes. I'm on the way now."

"Did you miss me?"

"You just wait and find out." My skirt was turned uncomfortably and I had to tug it straight. "I've got to change out of my skirt and heels."

"I can help you with that."

I gave him a throaty chuckle. "Mom told me an interesting bit of news about Jules' parents."

"The great escape or something else?"

"How'd you find out?"

"It's been the top story on the radio since I got into the state."

"Damn."

"So now we know why they stole her money."

"That's what Chris said as well."

"Great minds think alike. It makes me sad for Jules."

"I know. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose all that money."

"She has a great attitude about it, though."

"Yes, but we'll still need to support her. You can't just walk off that kind of family betrayal."

John was quiet for a bit. "Do you think she really excited about our new place?"

"You can't tell?"

"You've known her longer. And she was so afraid before." His voice had an odd quaver.

I smiled as I turned a corner. "She is over the moon, John. She loves you so much. I've never seen her like this before in all the years I've known her."

He made a sound that was half-way between a sob and a laugh. "Good."

"We're both really looking forward to the move."

"I just feel so selfish. You're leaving your Mom. Her job is such a part of her life."

"Mom's getting married."

"What?"

"Chris popped the question on Sunday and she said yes."

"Holy crap, that's great!"

"I know, I'm so happy for them both. It's long overdue."

"Have they set a date?"

"Not yet. They just told me tonight and invited us to their official engagement announcement party on Sunday."

"Two parties at Chris' house in one weekend? Count me in!"

"So my point is that you don't need to feel guilty. Believe me, I'm ready for a fresh start after everything that's happened recently. I know Jules is as well. Her parents have tainted everything around here for her."

"I still can't get over them stealing her trust. That's so fucked up. I see Chris and your mom coming. Let me go congratulate them."

"See you in a sec."

I arrived to find them still hugging and talking in the front yard. Mom was glowing. I have to admit being a little envious. I'd probably never get to marry my loves, but I would love to try. I couldn't decide if we should each have our own wedding, or maybe have some kind of combined ceremony. Maybe all three of us walking up the aisle together; Jules and I in contrasting colors, John looking sharp in a black tuxedo. I shook off my daydream and got out to greet them.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.