Magic Ink V: The Third Reality
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2013 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Forget what you know about American History. In the Third Reality, the British won the American War for Independence. The Eternal Flame is sending the O'Connells there to correct things. It won't be a good day or year for the British.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Rape   Magic   Slavery   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy   Military  

The following new character appears in this chapter:

James Collins

Ranger Captain, 5'-11" tall, 165 pounds, 38 years old, brown hair and eyes


On arriving at the Manor House and seeing the condition that most of my relatives were in, I asked the obvious question.

"What's the plan for today, or have you decided yet?" I asked.

"We still need to see about additional outdoor clothes," Carl said first thing.

"We need to see about knives," Glanda said around a bite of sausage.

"But not those huge things that you guys bought," Gwyn, her twin, added. "We want something a little more lady-like."

"But not so lady-like that it can't do what is needed," Sererena told her.

"Where will we meet you and when?" Dymphna asked.

"How about back at the Palace. We need to get down to business today. The Eternal Flame will be expecting us soon," Amelia told us, reminding us of the time limit that we were under.

"Cousin Gus will take you to the knife-maker's shop. I don't suppose that any of you are interested in axes though," I told them.

"No, we really aren't interested in axes," Anann said with a frown. "Why would we want axes?"

"To cut firewood!" Wolf told his Sister with a smile.

"Oh!" several of the other women said in surprise.

"We hadn't thought of that, besides we have you big, strong guys to do that for us," they all said, and giggled.

Breakfast was soon finished, and we guys transferred to Grandfather Wolfgang's manor, only to find no one at home but a few servants.

"Where is everyone?" Wolf demanded when we were admitted to the residence by the servant left in charge.

"Chief Wolfgang, and most of the clan have gone to a celebration at a neighboring clan's town. They won't be back for at least another week," the servant, an older man, told us. "Is there anything that I can help you with?" he added.

"We need to see about some good outdoor clothes for travel in the forests and mountains," Wolf told him.

"There are still a number of shop owners and minor clan members in town. I can send someone with you to guide you to the correct shops," he told us.

The tailor shops were on the same street that the dress makers' shops were, so it was just as well that our Sisters weren't with us. There were many styles and colors of clothes available for wear in town, and to fancy gatherings, or important meetings, but for outdoors in the forest and mountains, there were fewer styles and colors as well as few choices of shops that carried them.

We all eventually settled for what are known as full-front trousers. They were made with baggy seats, front pockets, adjustable waists, and a narrow front opening plus they were only available in a cotton canvas type of cloth. A reddish brown, a dark blue, and a dark green seemed to be the predominant colors.

The shirts that were available to go with them were all long sleeved with buttons at the cuffs, a band collar, and a ten inch long, four button front opening at the top. They were made as pullovers and of thick cotton cloth. The main color was an off white, with occasionally a few available in a light tan color, we were told, but none of those were on hand presently. While these clothes would all stand up to rough usage, they weren't what any of us considered very fashionable.

The proprietors of the two stores that we visited were quite surprised when their clothes actually fit us, since they had been made for larger, older men, and not for younger men like us. Of course, we had all used a shrinkage spell on those that we tried on, and eventually bought. We were finished and able to transfer back to Frankfurt before noon since our relatives were absent.

Our Sisters and Cousins were already in Frankfurt, and after we arrived they showed us the knives that they had purchased. Though they were all similar having tapered double edges blades of from six and a-half to seven inches in length with wooden or horn handles, and brass guards and end caps, they had been purchased at several shops, as none of the shops had a sufficient quantity on hand for all of the women to purchase them at one.

After we arrived in Frankfurt, it was M & M II, Meagan and Maureen, who are usually the quiet ones, who reminded us that there would be no electricity in the Third Reality, and that they used candles, or perhaps oil lamps there for light.

"Shouldn't we get some Magic-powered lamps to take with us," they finished.

"The Eternal Flame said that there wasn't much Magic practiced there," James pointed out.

"True, but He didn't say that there was any less Magic available there. Just that it was less used," Gwyn pointed out.

"So what do you think?" Seamus asked me, after looking at the others.

"It certainly couldn't hurt to have some with us, and they provide a lot more light than candles do," I told him and the rest. We set out for the street in old town where the Magic equipment merchants had their shops. We needed to visit several of the shops to acquire enough Magic-powered lamps for each of us to have a large one and one or two smaller ones. It was a good thing that we had all brought plenty of Union coins with us on this trip, as Magic-powered lamps are not inexpensive, though they don't have any operating costs.

It was well past 2:30 by now, and we returned to the Grand Master's Palace to pick up our other purchases, but didn't remain in Frankfurt long after that. Our Sisters and Cousins had already retrieved the dresses and the other things that they had left there before we arrived. We quickly informed our local Cousins that we were leaving, and then formed our circle in the courtyard before casting the transfer spell and disappearing from the Other Reality to appear in the Glen in our Realm and Reality. It was only 8:30 or so in the morning of Thursday, the 19th, when we arrived.

Our Parents were glad to see us back. Our Mothers were interested in the dresses that their Daughters had acquired, and they all went off together for our Sisters and Cousins to model them for them. Our Fathers were more interested in the knives, and axes that we and our Sisters had acquired. After looking them over and testing the edges of some of them with their thumbs, my Dad had a question.

"Did you remember to get sharpening stones? These edges aren't going to stay sharp forever," he told us.

"NO!" we all answered, somewhat chagrined.

"I believe that a trip to the hardware store would be in order then," Uncle Pat told us

"After you put your things away and change clothes," my Dad added. "Those Wizards' robes would get you some strange looks in town." We all changed and showered before transferring to the rear of a hardware store in Statesboro. We had been here numerous times before.

They did not have enough sharpening stones on hand to fill our requirements however. They did have some round stones about three inches in diameter with different grits on each side. They didn't have much in the way of oil for sharpening either. They did recommend trying the large sporting goods store near the mall.

We had just been to the sporting goods store earlier that week and transferred there. They had several different styles and sizes of sharpening stones. Some were in sets while others were available singly. We purchased a number of flat rectangular stones about two inches wide and five inches long with a different grit on each side. They also had oil for sharpening, and we got a can for each stone. We wound up with sufficient oil stones for each guy to have one, and each pair of twins to also have one. We also purchased some small leather drawstring bags for each person to keep the stones and the oil in. On returning home, we presented each pair of our twin Sisters with a bag containing a sharpening stone and a can of oil.

"What are we going to do with these?" they asked.

"They are for sharpening your knives," we informed them to blank stares.

"Don't worry," Carl told our Sisters with a smile. "Where we are going, someone will know how to use them, and will be glad to teach you how to do it." Our Sisters didn't appreciate his remarks, and gave Carl, and the rest of us, dirty looks.

By now it was noon, and we had lunch before going to work on the fields, which our Mage Sisters helped us with. Our other Sisters helped our Moms prepare some food for us to take with us the next day.

At dinner that night, Seamus and I reminded our Brothers and Sisters to get everything packed before going to bed tonight. Later, I was up in my room packing my backpack, when Glanda came into the room.

"You are going to need to pack these also," she told me, and handed me a towel with three bars of soap, a wash cloth, and two rolls of toilet paper rolled up in it.

"Who got these?" I asked.

"Our Parents got them while we were gone. Our Dads remembered needing toilet paper from their trip to France, and they knew that we would need them," she told me.

"These aren't going to last that long," I reminded her.

"We'll have to improvise when we run out," she told me with a blush. "At least you guys don't have to worry about having a period every month," she added, still blushing.

"Ahh ... no, we don't. How are you ladies going to deal with that?" I asked.

"We'll have to see what the women there do," she told me before leaving. I finished packing after that, and rolled up my blankets in the sleeping bag before strapping them to the bottom of the backpack. I had also used the bands across the side of the pack to secure my big knife in its sheath. There wasn't a lot else to do, so I got ready for bed. Jillian didn't show up tonight. I figured that she was busy, and spent the night alone.

In the morning, it was later than I had planned when I awoke. I showered and shaved before dressing and going downstairs. I found several of our Mothers in the kitchen making breakfast. Wolf and our Sisters came in shortly after I had. Our Sisters helped with breakfast, and also made up sandwiches for us to carry with us for lunch, or dinner depending on when the Eternal Flame arrived. The prepared sandwiches went into the refrigerator until we left. During breakfast, I had a discussion with my siblings.

"Did all of you finish packing last night?" I asked.

"Yes," was the reply.

"Did you strap your knife, or ax to the outside of the pack, or are you going to wear one or both?" I asked.

"Why would we do that, Mark?" Maureen asked in a puzzled voice.

"To have it ready in case you need it," Wolf told her.

"We have our rings. They are much more powerful than any knife, or gun for that matter," Cessair answered.

"Suppose you need to cut something like a rope or some cloth?" I asked.

"Oh! We didn't think about that," they answered.

"Also make sure to pack at least one roll of toilet paper at the top of your backpack where it is easily reached," I reminded them. Several of them grinned on hearing this.

"Anything else, Brother?" Glanda asked.

"Have any of you picked up those packs yet to try them on?" I asked.

"No, why!" was the reply.

"Well, mine is pretty heavy is why," I told them. Naturally on mentioning this, a spell to reduce the weight of the pack surfaced in my mind. I saw the others all smile, and just knew that the 'Book of Dreams' had visited all of us last night. I wondered then what other knowledge it had imparted to us. I was sure that we would find out shortly.

Following breakfast there was little to do until the Eternal Flame appeared. I had the others all bring their backpacks and other items down to the large parlor to check that everything was packed correctly, and that the backpacks fit them. It was actually a little late to be fitting them now that they were loaded, but that was how things were.

Our Sisters had not fitted their backpacks, and Wolf and I spent some time adjusting them for each of them once they had them on. They, of course, thought that it just gave us an excuse to touch them. It did, but that wasn't the real reason that we were doing it, and they soon realized this after trying to walk with the packs on their backs.

As noon approached, we were all more nervous. Our Mothers made us more sandwiches and served them with potato salad, coleslaw, and potato chips with large glasses of milk. We were finishing lunch at around 12:30 when I knew that it was time to leave for the Glen. It appeared that the others knew it also, as we all rose from the table, placed our dishes in the sink, got the sandwiches from the refrigerator, and went to get our backpacks before preparing to transfer to the Glen.

"We need to leave, Mom," we told our Mothers, and we each got a hug from them, and a handshake from our Dad. Everyone, including all of our Parents, appeared in the Glen within a few minutes. The Eternal Flame appeared above the Glen shortly after we had all arrived.

"I see that everyone is here and ready," It told us. "Are you prepared to leave?" I looked around at the others and could tell that they had all cast their wards around themselves, just as I had, before I answered.

"Yes, we are ready," I said, just before we all vanished from the Glen in our Realm.


We instantly reappeared at the edge of a forest. A short distance in front of us, the ground dropped away sharply to the plain that rose from a stream in the floor of the valley in front of us. On the far side of the stream, the land was fairly flat and open for about a thousand feet before the trees of the forest that surrounded the plain began. There was a dirt road of sorts that emerged from the forest at the far end of the valley.

The land on this side of the stream rose on a gentle slope for about two thousand feet before reaching the steep embankment of the hill that we were on. The forest continued behind our position The entire area was about a-half mile wide and surrounded by the forest.

As we watched, the plain below us was in the process of being covered with ranks of armed men in uniforms of various colors.

"Mages to the rear of the line," I ordered, and the remainder of us tightened up our line formation, as our four Mage Sisters moved behind us. While this was happening, we were also trying to determine just who was in front of us.

The British were fairly obvious in their colorful uniforms, and the even ranks of their formations, as they emerged from the forest to form their lines for the coming battle Those formations were rather extensive, as they were now five units wide and three men deep with several units in the process of forming up in backup position.

Those opposing them were a little harder to identify. Their uniforms were much less colorful being mainly a blue color, while others were dressed in nothing more than the work clothes of farmers. Their lines and formations appeared to be much less precise and ordered. Additionally, there appeared to be fewer of them. They were formed up with only four units wide, but still three men deep. They were in three separate lines, but they only had a very small reserve force. There were also units on their flanks in the trees who were nearly impossible to see, as they blended in to the vegetation so well.

Carl and Wolf were now on the ends of our line, while Seamus and I were in the middle. James and Gerald were between us and mixed in with our Sisters. Consequently, it was Wolf and Carl who alerted us to the flanking movement that was underway right before the British artillery began to fire.

"Mark, there are horsemen coming through the woods on the right flank of the Americans," Wolf called having either sensed them, or seen movement in the trees.

"Mark, there are horsemen moving up on the left side, also," Carl told us.

"We need a plan," Seamus said from beside me.

"Whoever those horsemen are, we need to deal with them to be sure that they don't hit the American lines. Seamus, take Carl and Gerald, and deal with those on the left. I'll take Wolf and James to deal with those on the right flank.

"All of you ladies move forward and set up defensive shells around the American units on the first line. You can use your power beams do deal with the British, if you need to. Mages, set up a hospital area to deal with the wounded behind the American lines. Jillian go with them for protection," I ordered.

"Do we need to take these backpacks with us?" Sererena asked.

"For now, yes. We don't know who may be in the woods behind us. Will you have trouble doing a line-of-sight transfer with the backpacks?" I asked quickly.

"Oh! We thought you wanted us to move down there on foot," Saraid said with a grin. "A transfer, we can deal with."

"All right, let's all move out. We'll meet again later where the girls have the defensive shells set up," I told everyone, just before we all transferred to our new locations.

Wolf, James, and I materialized in the woods on the right flank, and a fair distance down the hill toward the American lines. There were a number of men with long rifles where we appeared. They were dressed in what we would come to know as hunting shirts and leggings. They appeared out of the shrubbery nearby, soon after we appeared.

"Who be you boys, and what are ye doing here?" one asked in a Gaelic corrupted with old English.

"We are here to assist you. There are enemy horsemen that are moving through the woods to hit your lines," I told them in a much cleaner form of Gaelic.

"And just how would the three of you do that? You don't even have any rifles, or muskets," the apparent leader demanded. He was a tall, thin, grizzled older man with a beard.

"We don't need rifles. We use Magic," Wolf told him, just before he vanished from beside me to reappear behind the men.

"Like this," he said, from behind them.

"We need to get a move on, and intercept those horsemen before they get any closer," I told the men with long rifles, who had jumped in shock when Wolf spoke to them, and they had turned to look at him.

"They are still a hundred yards, or so to our right," James reminded me. "There are at least eighty of them moving through the woods, but slowly."

"Right! We'll move closer to them, and set up a couple of defensive shells in an arc to stop them. If necessary, use your power beams on the men; but try not to hit the horses. I'm sure that the Americans can use the horses," I told my relatives.

"We'll go with you," the leader, of what appeared to be several squads of men who had now appeared, told us.

"Fine. Can you keep up with us?" I asked.

"Keep up?" he demanded with a curious look.

"Yes," I said, just before I disappeared to reappear some hundred feet further to the right. They all moved very quickly and quietly toward my new location. James and Wolf were already there.

"We need to move deeper into the forest before we set up the defensive shells. I'll take the center. James you take my left, and Wolf my right. Angle the placement of your shell so as to form a rough semicircle," I told them. The overmountain people soon arrived.

"That's a handy trick. How do you do that?" their leader asked.

"Magic, and we have several more handy tricks," I told him. "We are going to set up three barriers to stop the horsemen. There will be a little space between the barriers. Can you and your men fill in the space between them and also on their flanks," I asked.

"How will we know where these barriers are?" their leader asked, looking around, but seeing no barriers.

"We'll tint them a lime green," I told him.

"And how are you going to do this? Will they be able to jump their horses over these barriers?" he demanded.

"Not unless they can fly," I told him with a grin, before we moved out again. I picked a likely looking place where the trees were a good distance apart and cast the spell for a defensive shell. I intended it to be a hundred feet in diameter, and tinted lime green. What appeared was a lime green defensive shell, but it was not the standard spherical defensive shell, much to my surprise.

What appeared was an Prolate spheroid defensive shell located on its side, or long polar axis. It looked somewhat like half of a watermelon. Actually, it was a prolate spheroid about a hundred feet long on its polar axis, but only forty feet wide and twenty feet high. The rest of the spheroid was buried in the ground, just as normal defensive shells were.

"Wow!! Where did this come from?" I asked on recovering, as I gazed at the defensive shell. "It looks like the 'Book of Dreams' was busy last night," I added. Wolf and James had already moved to a location on either side of me, and a bit forward of my position to form a semicircle when they recovered from seeing what I had done. Their shells turned out the same as mine had. The mountain men were staring in disbelief at this.

"What are those things?" their leader demanded instantly, on seeing them.

"Defensive shells," I told him.

"But how will they stop anyone? They are just illusions," he said.

"Take a tree limb and strike that illusion," I told him, "but make it fast, those horsemen are approaching."

He picked up a broken tree limb from nearby, stepped closer to the shell, and swung the tree limb in his free hand with all of his might. There was a sharp thunk before the tree limb rebounded, and nearly jerked the man off of his feet. He even dropped his rifle.

"What is that thing!?" he demanded in shocked surprise.

"It is a Magic structure that is proof against rifle fire, and cannon fire plus any other weapons that the British may come up with," I told him, as he tried to get the feeling back in his right hand, that had held the tree limb.

"Damn!" he said in amazement. Right after that the lead horseman came into view through the trees some hundred and fifty feet away, but he was distracted from seeing us, or the defensive shells by one of the other men, who purposely allowed himself to be seen. I quickly canceled the tint in the three defensive shells. They were now transparent and nearly invisible.

"Scum in the wood!" the advanced guard called to those following. There was some confused movement in the trees to our front for a short time before someone gave an order.

"Charge!" was heard throughout the wooded area, and the order was instantly answered by the thunder of many hoof beats, as those assembled in the woods spurred their horses forward at a gallop. They charged out of the surrounding forest in green uniforms with sabers flashing.

Their charge was short lived, as they had no more than gotten up to speed before they ran head long into the defensive shells. The leading rank slammed into them at full speed. Horses and men rebounded to fell to the ground broken and shattered, and were then ridden over, or stepped on by those in the second rank who were not able to stop, and hit the defensive shells at nearly a full gallop also, before falling on top of the first rank. Men and horses screamed in shock, pain, and surprise.

The third rank followed suit, colliding with those of the first and second rank in the colossal pile of human and horse flesh. They rode over the downed riders, and the horses of the first two ranks, killing them, or injuring them further. It was only some of those in the fourth, or rear rank, that managed to stop their horses, or turn them aside. A number of them were thrown by their horses in attempting to stop them. Those still on their horses, and possibly able to get away, were shot out of the saddle by the riflemen stationed between the defensive shells, or on their flanks.

"My god!!" the leader of the local men said in shock on seeing the carnage that had resulted from their charge. It had happened so fast that we had not been able to reach a position to join in the firing to stop the few survivors from escaping.

"I was hoping for a better outcome," I told him looking at the disaster. "I didn't expect them to charge like that. We need to see how many of the horses can be saved," I added.

"Not many," the bearded man told me, shaking his head in regret.

"You would be amazed at what our Sisters can do," I told him. We canceled the defensive shells after that, and went to inspect the disaster that we had created. There were piles of dead and dying men, and horses all over the place. The first rank had all been killed, and ground under by the second and third ranks.

Those in the second rank weren't much better off, though some were still alive. Their pain and screams were very evident. Those of the third rank were a little better off, as few had been hit by the fourth, or last rank. Some had had their horses roll over on them as they fell. The screams of the injured horses were particularly disturbing. The bearded leader quickly called his men to him to give them instructions.

"You know what to do. Collect any useable weapons, or ammunition. Put the horses out of their misery. See if any of the men survived, and if they can move. Give the badly wounded the grace of a quick death," he instructed his men, who quickly spread out in pairs to do what was necessary. Wolf and James had joined me by then. They both looked a little green.

"We never expected anything like this," James said.

"No, it was the charge that caused it. I was just hoping to stop them, and pick a few off until they surrendered. I didn't expect to lose so many of the horses," I told him.

"It looks like we'll have about twenty of the horses," the bearded leader told us after that.

"What are you going to do with the dead men and horses?" I asked.

"There is nothing much that we can do. Leave them here is all. We don't have the men, or shovels to bury them," he told us.

"We'll take care of that," I told him, before turning to Wolf and James.

"Use your Power Beams to move the bodies of the dead men to the center of this clearing. We'll use Magic fire to burn them after that," I told them.

We had all heard the booming of artillery, and the rattle of musketry coming from the plain behind us, but even that had stopped after a short time.

"I wonder how the main body has made out?" the bearded leader asked after a time.

"I wouldn't worry," I told him. "A dozen of our Sisters, and female Cousins went to join them. They can do the same things that we can."

"How many of you are there?" he asked, obviously surprised.

"There are nineteen of us. My Cousin took the other two men with him to stop those on the other flank," I informed him.

We began moving bodies after that. The local men were amazed that we could lift dead horses, and move their bodies, and the bodies of the men with the beams from our Power Rings. We only moved those that had already been relieved of their weapons and ammunition, and the horses their saddles and other equipment. The piles of bodies in the center of the clearing quickly grew, as did the piles of weapons and others of horse gear. After a short time, the bearded leader approached me again.

"I'm sending a man to report to our Commander, and to see how things turned out over in the valley. He'll try to get a wagon to move all of this, is they are still there. I need your names for my report," he finished.

"I'm Mark O'Connell. The others are my Brother Wolfgang, and my Cousin, James O'Connell," I told him in introduction.

"I'm James Collins. I'm the Captain of this here Company of Rangers," he told us.

"I'm pleased to meet you, Captain," I told him and offered him my hand. He took it very gingerly, apparently apprehensive that touching me would somehow affect him in some way.

We began burning the piles of bodies when enough had accumulated. The overmountain men were amazed to see us cast Magic fire on the piles of bodies of both the men and the horses. We need to be careful not to start a forest fire. Their Captain soon had the men back at work, and we left after starting the final piles of bodies burning. It was the memory of a truly ghastly sight that we left there in the forest.

Chapter 4 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.