Hindsight 20/20 Book 3 - Cover

Hindsight 20/20 Book 3

Copyright© 2013 by SmokinDriver

Chapter 8

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 8 - The third installment: Britt has finished school, built a business and now is ready to settle down and figure out what is in store for the country's newest billionaire?

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   BiSexual   Humor   Rags To Riches   Time Travel  

Friday rolled around, and I started my meetings with the members of the Research Group. Beth was with me, so we brought them in one at a time. I wanted them working as a team, but also wanted them to feel comfortable one on one.

The schedule called for Tony to speak first. After the initial greetings, and small talk, we got down to business.

Tony said, "Wind power has been around for over a century, and they initially used it to drain the low ground in Holland. There are many companies today working on windmills for wind farms to produce power. I think some exist that are further along than others are. In addition, there are a number of approved patents and others pending that address this technology."

"At first glance I think they're on the right track, but think that we can also explore rooftop models for city buildings or office buildings. It wouldn't create enough power to run the facilities, but could run a small portion like the outdoor or emergency lighting, because the wind could charge batteries that would run those facilities."

"Tony, I'm glad you didn't shy away after our first meeting. I think that you're correct about the development of wind technologies. We're behind on where the market is. I'd like you to focus on finding small companies that are working on new ideas, and see if any of them have products or ideas that would be worth us investing in. See if we can get someone to explore a way to reduce bird deaths as the windmills will usually take out the dumb creatures. I have some that fly into my sliding glass door. I'm sure that the 'tree huggers' who are dying for the rapid advancement of wind power will become conflicted when they find hundreds of dead birds lying on the ground under the windmills. In addition, I can't wait to see what happens when the technology takes out a couple of bald eagles. Then the shit will also hit the fan. See if noise or reflective materials that will deter their flight into the blades will work. With this technology, we may find that we can only improve what's already out there."

"I felt bad that I talked to you as if you didn't understand the field. If you're investing in it the way it currently exists, then it only makes sense that you have a good understanding about the basics."

"No harm done. You have a job that we can look at as either harder or easier than any of the others can. The technology is already there, but you'll have to act carefully in your recommendations. You have to decide who'll be the winner of the race, so we can bet on the winner. We don't want to buy Tucker if Ford will be there in the end."

"Yes sir. You are correct that the others are looking into newer, and less developed technologies."

Tony left, and Beth said, "He did a good job. I liked the way he spoke, and demonstrated some confidence."

"Me too. I hate to take time re-hiring, and re-training for a job."

Sue was next. She had the Hydro portion. She was a cute girl in her mid-twenties with long red hair. She had a pretty smile and a nice firm set of breasts. We chit chatted while we settled in. She'd graduated from the University of New Hampshire. I told her that it was a good school.

"Have you been there? I loved it there; it wasn't anything like the desert we live in here."

"They have a great radio station, and some killer parties. My friend Doug and I partied there for a couple of days on a road trip we took a few years ago. I was pretty stoned, but I don't know if it was during the time that you were there. Doug told me about a girl named Easy Sue. Was that you? Easy Sue?"

"I've been called that before. I had a roommate that was always trying to get me to slow down. I wanted to go, go, and go. She wanted to take it slow and laid back. She would always say, "Easy Sue; telling me to relax. We had a friend named Nick that heard her say it once too often and just changed my name to 'Easy Sue or sometimes just Easy. I kind of like the name."

"Well Doug is happily married now, so let's just pretend it was another hot co-ed, and forget I even mentioned it."

I'm not sure if the facial expression was embarrassment from the topic or maybe she remembered Doug or another random guy she hooked up with in college. He was getting over his parents death, and I remember that the girl he was with liked it hard, deep, and all night long. She helped him get out some of his frustrations.

Beth finally stopped me, and turned the subject back to work. I asked what she had for me.

Sue said, "Hydropower is the use of water to create power. Hydropower usually accomplishes this through the rapid movement of gravity and water to turn a turbine. The turbine could be on a river or more commonly a dam. There are other uses, but those are the most common."

"I understand dams. They're good at creating power and reducing the potential destruction from flash floods. They also take up a lot of land when the dam causes the water behind it to back up. It floods farms, and homes that need to receive compensation for their losses. I'll let the government and the Army Engineers determine the best place to build dams, and deal with the fall out. In Portsmouth New Hampshire, the change between low tide and high tide is close to ten feet. That's water rising and falling ten feet twice a day. Do the math, and figure out the force needed to lift a barge or move a barge forty feet, and then think about how we could harness that force to create power."

I continued, "Have you ever seen a toy car where you pull back on the wheels on the floor, the winding of the wheels harnesses power that in turn get's released to make the car run far, and fast? Well what I'm thinking about is along the same lines. Instead of a car with wheels, we'll have what amounts to barges. These barges will rise and fall with the tides, with chains tied to the barges, and then run through pulleys on pylons. The specific buoyancy of the barge will pull the chain on the rising tide, and the weight of the barges will pull the chains on the falling tides. There will be many barges, and many more generators. There are places that have even greater vertical changes. I want you to look at these things, and see if anyone is doing anything in this area. If there are, then we'll need to come up with the best way to test, and implement the technology."

"That's a good idea. I'll run some formulas, and then start to research if there is anything being done in this area already."

"Thanks Sue, I hope I didn't upset you earlier. I'm sure Beth will proceed to kick my ass as soon as you leave the room."

"I wasn't upset. We're who we are. We can learn from our successes, and our failures, so we should always try things to see if they're right for us, and not fret about what others may think. Oh, and tell Doug that I said hi." She turned, and left quickly.

I looked to Beth, and she couldn't decide if she wanted to punch my arm or have me call Doug, so she could listen in on the call. She did neither, but went to find Ken, so we could find out about solar power.

Ken was a smart guy, and we talked about the current state of solar technology. We talked about the problem with the big eyesore that the panels created. At this point, the cost of creating and installing the panels was not effective given the benefit. He talked about some ideas he had, but they weren't any different from where the industry was right then.

I said, "My idea is that solar power is too expensive and too ugly for use by the common person on their homes. Most neighborhood associations would ban the eyesores."

"That being said, the sun pours energy on the earth all day long, and has the potential to become a source of power that will reduce our dependence on burned fuels, and leave more oil, gas, and coal for other uses. I can drive my car to get a nice grilled burger or something."

"When we look out at our lawns or fields of hay, all of that growth requires taking the sun's energy, and converting it using photosynthesis. I want to set up a study to see if we can use various substances such as plants, trees, grasses, bushes, kelp, or whatever, convert it into energy, and then harness the converted energy into electricity."

"I don't know where to start, but I'd like you to determine if there is someone who may already be working on this approach. If you find them, hire them. If not then we'll put together a team, and start from scratch. We can give grants to ten Universities to compete for a prize for the best result. The long-term intent is that we will provide the up-front money, so when they come up with a winner, we want to own the patents and the technologies."

"We'll share them with various companies for a small fee as long as they strive to keep the costs down for the public. I hope it works, but I think it will take some strong minds to work through the process."

Ken was quiet. He finally said, "I don't know of anyone working on this, but I'll look into it. Do we want to start the process?"

"Yes, I want you to remember what John told you, but talk to the people who could handle the research. I would expect that you'd be traveling some. It is important that we have multiple groups working on this. I want them to know that they have to keep this very quiet, and that leaks will be a cause for lawsuits, and loss of funding. It is also important that they work by themselves for the first six months to a year, so they can become as creative in their approaches that they can be, but then I want to get them together to see if they can help, each other overcome their obstacles they're facing. Make sure to include the University of Florida. You can also contact UNLV since they get plenty of sun. After that, you'll be picking the best of the best. I think we should keep it in the United States for now, but if there's foreign scientist that would help us, then let's get them here to help."

"Yes, Britt. Do I have a budget?"

"Yes, you can spend whatever it takes to make it happen. Your expenses will be audited, and you'll have to answer for them, but there's no cap right now."

"Wow, thanks. This will be a great project."

"Make us proud, and remember what Beth said about bonuses for those that change the world. It won't be easy and maybe not even possible today, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. Good luck."

We shook hands, and he left the office. Beth said, "I'm going to go find my husband because changing the world gets me excited."

She ignored my slut comment as she left the office.

I was in a good mood when I got home as were the rest of the family members. Darcy had a bag packed for each of us, and was ready to hit the town. We went to a nice Italian restaurant at Caesars before heading to their club for some partying. I had a couple of quick drinks, and then fell into my routine. The place was busy, and with three ladies, we were getting attention from other individuals, and couples.

There was one couple with a guy around thirty, and his date seemed around eighteen years-of-age, maybe. She looked young. I was at the table with Lilly while Darcy and Karen were getting a little wild on the dance floor. This guy steered his date, so it looked like he was dancing with all three of them. I watched to see what Darcy would do, and she didn't disappoint me. She whispered in Karen's ear, and then started dancing with the young-looking girl while Karen danced with the guy. I knew that Darcy was up to something, and I became interested to find out what it was that she was planning.

Darcy switched, and started to dance with the guy as Karen switched to the girl. Karen was gentle, but Darcy was talking to the guy, and nodding towards me. After the song, they all came to our table. We ordered another round of drinks, and Karen took the guy out on the dance floor. As I was waiting for the drinks with Darcy, I told Lilly to take the girl.

Darcy said, "Do you trust me?"

"Of course."

"I want that girl. I told the guy that we'd trade him a night with his date, and he would get Karen, and Lilly for the night., but after we leave with the girl, Lilly, and Karen are going to ditch the guy."

"Won't he get mad?"

"Yes, but what's he going to do about it? He doesn't know who we are or where we'll be."

"What about the girl?"

"She's so sweet, and her name is Kelly. I don't know her story, but she doesn't seem to like the guy very much. It seems like she's afraid of him. His name is Phil, and he's an egotistical jerk. He wants the Asian ladies, and wanted me to come along, but I told him of my current marital status. I proposed a trade for the night or a couple of days depending how things were going, so we're taking Kelly with us back to our room."

"I trust you Darcy, but if anything happens to Lilly or Karen, I won't be happy."

"Please, don't worry."

The dancers came back to the table, and Darcy made a toast. "To a fun time in Vegas, and an enjoyable weekend with friends." We all drank up, and divided into teams. Phil said, "Kelly you're going with Britt, and Darcy. Have fun, and I'll see you when we're all done."

Kelly looked nervous, but dropped her eyes, and nodded her surrender. We left, and Karen was saying, "Please, one more dance, because you're such a good dancer."

We slipped out, and Darcy said, "Walk her to the room, but don't start anything."

I took Kelly's hand; we left the hotel, and went out on the Vegas Strip. We walked a couple of blocks south, then crossed the street, and walked to the entrance to Bally's'. I asked if she wanted anything before we went up to the room. She just shook her head. I wasn't very excited about this entire situation. I felt like we were taking advantage of the girl.

She perked up as we entered the suite, and I led her to the living room, then opened a bottle of wine, and poured her a glass. Darcy came in five minutes later. She sat next to Kelly, and asked, "Do you know what's going on?"

Kelly said, "Yes, he has done this before. He traded me for those other girls. I'll do what you want."

I spoke up, and said, "Kelly, I don't give a shit what Darcy wants, but I do care about what you want. Is this what, and why you came to Vegas?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.