Adrift - Cover

Adrift

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 6

Although I'll never understand it, my sister went from a demanding little wench at 13 to a conniving gold fevered little wench at 13 and a half to the sweetest girl at 14. It was like there was a switch on the wall and she reached up and threw it. CLICK "Instant nice girl."

"Jimmy? Will you please go with me to Frandor?" This from my sister? Please? I mean she'd used please before but it was always in a wheedling tone of voice ... or filled with sarcasm.

I, on the other hand, seem to have found my asshole switch ... and threw it.

"No."

"Please."

"No. I'm going to Marshall Music."

Just about then Millard ... you know, Dean ... Millard said, "Marshall moved."

"Oh?" I asked.

"Yeah." he chuckled, "To Frandor."

June looked inordinately pleased about that.

Dean ... you know, Millard ... said, "Your mother called. No Drums!"

Aaarrgghh.

I had to call the airport, Charley said he'd pick us up on the north end of the center ... aaarrrggghhh ... Marshall was on the north end ... Sears was on the south end. Guess where my sister was. Yup ... Sears.

It wasn't until I was done shopping that I asked myself, "Hey you. How did mom know you were in the Admissions Office?" The people on the shuttle bus got a laugh about that. I blushed.

There was this hot classy hottie standing in the foyer ... god ... she was beautiful. Eh. Out of my league ... And she spoke. "Hey. Don't ignore me."

June? Holy shit.

"June? What the... ?"

"Like it?"

A younger security guard stepped up, "Is this boy bothering you, Miss?"

"My brother."

That got me a once-over ... a dismissive once-over. "Miss, you have my sympathy."

AAARRRGGGHHH!!

He stepped back but didn't leave.

"You bought out the store!"

"Didn't!"

"One of everything?"

"Maybe ... if it fit," she smiled. A nicely dressed gentleman, probably a college senior, walked into a door. She did a little twirl ... her dress had very little back. I gaped.

"Ohhh ... you like." Another smile ... another concussion. This one was an old man who walked into the red thingy that keeps people from parking next to the door ... it's just about balls high. Ouch!

"Junie ... Junebug ... do you have any idea how marvelous you look?"

"Yes." She grinned, "I look at least 25 ... do you have any idea how much money I spent to look like this?"

I picked up the hardshell concert case with my new guitar and said, "Not as much as I spent on this."

"What!! You don't even know how to play!!"

"Gotta start someplace and a really good guitar player told me to buy the best guitar I could afford so I would feel guilty every time I looked at it."

"How much?"

"Eleven thousand dollars."

"Erk!!" She looked at me and said, "That's a shit load of guilt."

"It's worse that that ... it's used."

"Used???"

"Yeah ... and it's a student made guitar. Never heard of the guy."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.