A Flawed Diamond - Cover

A Flawed Diamond

Copyright© 2013 by Jay Cantrell

Chapter 36

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 36 - It’s been six years since Brock Miller and his friends left his adopted hometown. The angry boy has become a young adult, and life has taken him in a direction that none of them could have foreseen. But the scars from his troubled teens are deep – maybe too deep to allow him to find the most elusive of goals: a place to call home. [Sequel to "The Outsider."]

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Sports   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Slow   Violence  

Brock frowned as he read the browser on his laptop. The chime that indicated a news item on Randi had brought him out of his thoughts and he sat down to read it.

This story, however, barely mentioned Randi.

Instead it read:

_"*Item: Is Dodgers' hunk Brock Miller becoming Tinseltown's newest 'It' Guy? If he hasn't already, he's certainly on his way."

"Our spies spotted him Sunday morning at LAX, sharing a tender goodbye with a Fresh-Faced Cutie and by late afternoon, the versatile Miller had moved on to giving a piggyback ride to Teen-Dream Randi Raver after an ice cream date downtown."

"But just last Thursday, our boy was noted leaving an eatery with a Curvaceous Carrot-Top following a Thanksgiving feast. Earlier in the month, Miller was seen on a romantic stroll with Super Sexy Sports Babe Tara Wyatt, just days after spending a quiet lunch with L.A.'s newest legal eagle, D.A. Darling Melanie Miles."

"This is the same Brock Miller who squired Sultry Soccer Striker Chastity Durant most of the spring and was noted in San Diego this fall arm in arm with another Wholesome Angel before the Boys in Blue battled the Friars. It should be noted the tireless Miller has a regular breakfast date with a Babalicious Brunette and a Blonde Bombshell; as if his dance card wasn't full enough."

"So tell us, Brock: Are you just making yourself accessible to your Bevy of Beauties or are you claiming all the eligible L.A. Lookers for yourself? More importantly, does your endless string of admirers know about the others? If not, they do now. My bad!"_

Brock was still staring at the screen when Randi and Meredith returned from their visit with Darla.

"What's up?" Randi asked. She turned the laptop around to read it. Then she laughed aloud.

"I'm a Teen Dream and you're a Curvaceous Carrot-Top," she told Meredith.

"It's not funny," Brock said.

"It is if you let it be," Randi assured him. "Look, this douche thought he was going to make waves for you. So when his 'spies' see you out with us again next week and the week after and the week after that, he'll be seen for exactly what he his – a small-minded, jealous jerk. Don't let it bother you."

"And what if people take this seriously?" he asked. "I give talks on responsibility to Little Leaguers, for God's sake. I have kids who look up to me."

"You'd have more kids who look up to you if they knew what you did to Randi last night," Meredith said with a laugh. "Look at what they say, Brock. You were seen walking with Tara. You left a restaurant with me. You gave Randi a piggyback ride. It doesn't say you were caught banging them in the dugout or even that you made out with them. You have breakfast with Emmy and Zoe. You have lunch with Mel. You hang out with Susan and you said goodbye to Jen. If anyone is upset, point that out to them. I can't see how anyone can find something offensive about you spending time with your friends."

Brock considered what Meredith had said. It made sense. So he nodded his agreement.

Although no one appeared to take offense at the story, there were a couple of people who were mightily intrigued by what had been written.

Brock made it to Wednesday before anyone bothered him about the item that appeared in print and online.

His cell phone ID said it was a call from the Dodgers offices when it rang. Figuring it was someone looking for an update on his health, Brock answered.

"Brock, babe!" a garrulous male voice boomed. Brock recognized the voice as belonging to Drew Taylor, employed by the team's public relations department.

"This is Brock Miller," he replied in a cool tone.

"Hey, I just got a call about you," Drew continued, completely oblivious to Brock's demeanor.

"I'm sure that was a treat," Brock said.

"I got you booked to attend the premier in mid-December of Jana Jones' new movie as her personal guest," the man continued. "Is that cool or what?"

"Definitely falls on the 'or what' side, Mr. Taylor," Brock told the man. "So unbook it."

He was met with stunned silence.

"Do you know who Jana Jones' is?" Taylor inquired.

"I don't live in a cave," Brock stated. "Of course I know who she is. But I'm also positive that I've never seen a second of one of her films and I would hate to break that streak now."

"Oh, come on," Drew said. "This is going to get the team some great publicity."

"Which is your responsibility, not mine," Brock mentioned. "I don't do premiers or galas or openings or non-sports talk shows. Not now and not ever."

"You did the Emmys, for God's sake," Drew pointed out.

"As a personal favor to a friend," Brock reminded him. "Not as some PR move. Unbook it or you're going to look like an ass when I don't show up."

"Come on, Brock," Drew tried again. "You know public appearances are part of your deal with the team."

"No, you come on, Mr. Taylor," Brock rejoined. "You know that every player on the team has right of refusal on public appearances. I am invoking that right. If you don't like it, talk to the union rep. I'm going to be out of town in mid-December. I have a prior engagement."

"This is Jana Jones," Drew insisted. "Her agent called here and specifically invited you to attend with her. This is pure gold. I'm sure whatever you've got going can be rescheduled!"

"Tell you what, Drew," Brock said with derision dripping from every syllable, "you call the U.S. Women's Soccer team and the Norwegian National Team and see if they'll push back their match. You get that worked out and I'll do whatever the fuck you want. But do not ever agree to something on my behalf without discussing it with me first. Do you understand?"

"Fine," Drew said. Brock closed his phone before the man could utter another word.

It wasn't a minute later that it beeped with a texted message. Brock wasn't a huge follower of social media. He had started a Twitter account that had plenty of followers but few updates. Still, he did follow some people's accounts. He got a ping when Randi updated her account. He followed Josh Hart's account because Mandy was hilarious. He was alerted when the Dodgers posted.

When he looked at the screen he saw red.

"Just in ... Brock M will hook up w/Chaz at soccer tourney in AZ," the team announced. He was dialing the team's offices seconds later.

"This is Brock Miller, Joanne," he told the managing partner's secretary. "I need to speak to Ms. Swanson urgently. Is she available?"

"I'll check," the secretary answered.

Brock didn't get the chance to thank the receptionist before Millicent Swanson, the team's majority owner, was on the line.

"Hello, Brock," the woman said sweetly. "I hope all is well."

"All is not well, Ms. Swanson," he announced.

The woman was silent. Everything she had heard from the team's medical staff indicated Brock would be able to resume baseball-related activities in the next few days.

"What has happened to your hand?" she asked.

"My hand is fine," Brock said. "This is something else entirely. Ms. Swanson, I hasten to point out that less than two months ago I was attacked in your facility by a woman who went to great lengths to get near me. Do I need to remind you of that?"

"No, of course not!" Millicent said.

"And now your PR department is taking it upon themselves to announce my whereabouts in plenty of time to for someone else to make arrangements to do the exact same thing," he continued.

"I don't understand," the owner admitted.

"One of your PR guys booked me for something without my approval," Brock informed her. "When I firmly declined, he sent a social message announcing that I will be in Arizona for a soccer game next month. Now, I'm not real popular in Arizona anyway. And to have one of the team's departments minimize not only my safety but the safety of anyone who will be around me – including, I might add, Al Perez, Josh Hart, Zack Duffy and J.C. Michaels – is not only unconscionable; it is both reckless and stupid."

"Someone here announced your plans?" Millicent inquired.

"Not only was in someone affiliated with the team, he did it on a Twitter account the team established," Brock said.

Again, he was met with silence.

"Brock, I am loath to do this," she said. "But I have to put you on hold. Ms. Lu has just barged into my office and I somehow feel it is connected with your call."

"I'd prefer to listen if you don't mind," Brock said. "I want to know how she plans to deal with this. I'm not changing my plans. So you might mention that to her."

Brock found himself on speaker a few seconds later – after an audible sigh from Millicent Swanson.

"Mr. Miller was no happier about the situation than you are, Ms. Lu," he heard the owner state.

"I can imagine he is not," Cynthia Lu stated. "This is absolutely intolerable. Brock, I apologize but I think you're going to have to alter your plans."

"He is not going to do that," Ms. Swanson said before Brock could get the angry retort out of his mouth. "The team is going to ensure his safety. Now, Mr. Miller, who do you think is responsible for this?"

"Drew Taylor is who I spoke to," Brock said. "But ultimately, I think you're responsible for this. This falls squarely on the organization, in my opinion."

"Yes, of course," Millicent replied. "Do you have an opinion on how to resolve this?"

"I certainly do," Cynthia cut in. "I believe I should be permitted to snap the man's neck and hang his lifeless carcass on the PR department's door as a warning about any other stupid moves they might plan in the future."

Brock found himself chuckling.

"I wouldn't be opposed to that," he admitted. "So long as I'm permitted to watch and enjoy."

"I think legal would frown upon that course," Millicent replied. "Although I think it certainly would have its intended effect."

"There is no question the man should be fired," Cynthia said.

"I'll have to speak to legal about that, too," Millicent said after another sigh.

"He has endangered the safety of a coworker with his reckless, irresponsible actions," Cynthia rebutted. "There is no question that this is actionable. If that isn't enough, my department has given a clear directive about what can and cannot be said about player availability. It is not the first time that department has ignored it but it the safety factor was never this obvious. Do you realize how much it will cost this team to protect Mr. Miller while he is in Arizona? There will be close to 50,000 people in that stadium. Soccer fans are, by well-earned reputation, unruly. Many of the people in the stadium will dislike Mr. Miller for non-personal reasons and, if they are sufficiently fueled by alcohol, might seek a confrontation."

"It is conceivable that a confrontation was possible even without the team's indiscretion," Millicent tried.

"No," Cynthia replied. "Mr. Miller will be insulated at the stadium. He will be in an area with family members and friends of the team's players. He has been very good at clearing his appearances with me beforehand. He and I have spoken about appropriate caution and I believe he could have attended the game without incident. Now we've given prior warning of his attendance and given people time to plan."

"Al, Josh, Zack and J.C. will be with me or near me," Brock added.

Cynthia Lu expelled air from her lungs so forcefully it came through the telephone line clearly.

"Of course they will," she said. "Ms. Swanson, I will have firmer numbers by the end of the week. But thanks to the PR Department, I believe you will be looking at $100,000 at a minimum. I am going to have to send at least a half dozen people down there to ensure security at the hotel and the stadium. In fact, I will oversee security for this myself. Mr. Miller, do you think it will be possible to secure tickets for security personnel?"

"I have no idea," Brock stated. "It's a little late for that. The game is sold out. The tickets we have are from the players who weren't going to use theirs. I'll call Chastity and see but I can't make a promise."

"And you won't consider skipping the game?" Cynthia asked, although she knew the answer.

"I won't," Brock said. "If this had been anything but a deliberate attempt to force me to miss it, I'd consider it. I don't want to make your job harder than it already is. But Taylor wants me to attend something he'd promised I'd go to – an event I did not and will not agree to attend. So my plans are not going to change. The team will have to do whatever it deems necessary to ensure my safety. I'm also positive the union will contact me shortly to file a grievance in this matter. Mr. Taylor violated the Collective Bargaining Agreement not only with his cavalier attitude toward my well-being but by agreeing on my behalf to a public appearance. I would also suggest this may well cost the team an addition $100,000 in fines from the Commissioner's Office, perhaps more given the events from October."


Brock was still steaming from his conversation with the team's primary owner and its security chief when his phone beeped again. This time it was Stan Balsam.

"Hi, Stan," he answered. "I haven't decided if I'm going to file a grievance so keep the union at bay for a while longer."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.