Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 126

I walked across the street with Wilson in tow. "So guys, I'm back to see how you are doing without me?" I asked.

"Hi Sylvia, want to help us pack a few knock up kits?" the oldest of them asked.

"Sure Wilson here will help too," I said. I began assembling the boxes and Wilson packed the kits and put them into the packing. When we had all 14 kits in the boxes, I glued the shipping labels onto the boxes. The postman would be by for them the next day.

"So since you aren't talking much, are you all talked out from the film crew?" I asked.

"Yep they are wearing me out," he said and smiled.

"If the TV cameras would get out of our face, we would be doing better," The grumpiest of the old men said. He was the one using the large slow moving ban saw to cut out the rough form of the toys. After he had cut the basic form of a tiny rocking horse, the kinder, gentler one, put in a display case for after the child had outgrown it. Then the horse moved to a sander. The operator of the sander was to old man's official wood carver. He could quickly add a few detail to the rocker with a gouge. Each one was a little different.

"Hey ya'll voted to take the offer," I couldn't help laughing. "So is Mel helping out any?"

"She was at first, now they mostly have her walking around in shorts. Something about eye appeal. They act like we ain't appealing enough," the original old man complained.

"How dare they," I said with a laugh.

"That's what I said," he replied laughing as well.

"Could I speak with you Ms. Porter?" The woman I presumed to be Lois asked.

"Let's take it outside," I suggested.

When we got out to the parking lot she began. "You know who you are. You could guarantee the success of your friends show, if you did a walk on," Lois said.

"Sorry Lois, I have no interest in the show. If it works out and they get rich, that would be great for their families. Personally, I think they would do just fine without the money and fame," I said.

"What do you think it would take for you to do a walk on?" she asked.

"There is nothing you have that I want," I said.

"How about if we do an episode about your effort to preserve the town. We might could get you some publicity." she said.

"You will have to take that up with the people who are involved I'm just the landlord," I said.

"We both know that isn't true," she said.

"Wilson tells me you did some research on me?" She started to object but I held my hand up. "I just want you to know, I'm not as bad as they say. I'm ten times fucking worse. Now I have told you in the nicest way I can. If you have any brains at all you will take no for an answer." I informed her.

I walked away from her, then called the Rum Runner Hotel. "Hi there this is Sylvia Porter, I would like to reserve an ocean view room on the fifth floor for the weekend."

"Very well Ms Porter could I have your credit card number," the female clerk asked.

"I would rather not give that information out over the phone. If you have the room, and can hold it for thirty minutes, I will drive down and let you swipe the card," I suggested.

"Of course, I had no idea you were calling locally. Do you want the room for tonight?" she asked.

"No starting on Friday night running till Sunday morning," I said. She had thought I was a tourist in town looking for a place to stay. I wasn't all that well known in town. That was the way I liked it.

"Come on Wilson we have to ride out to the Rum Runner," I called inside to him.

We were right across the bay from the Rum Runner so it only took a few minute to complete the chore. After I gave the young blond clerk my debit card, she said, "Thank you Ms Porter I hope you enjoy your stay."

"The room isn't for me. It is for an old friend, so I do hope he enjoys his stay." I replied.

I didn't mean for it to sound white trashy, but I guess it did because she removed a card from the holder on the desk. Then wrote a number on it. "That's my cell number, if they need anything at all, just call me. I can be reached 24/7 at that number." It was obvious that she was all business and I appreciated it.

"That is excellent," I said putting the card in my pocket. I meant to throw it away, just as soon I was out of her site. I have no idea why I didn't, instead I just put it loose into my rear pocket.

"So Wilson should we stop for burgers on the way home?" I asked remembering that Mel was cooking for us. I expected more garden trimmings.

"Come on boss give her a chance at least," he said.

"Okay let's go home it's almost five." I said. After we got home Mel started to cook so that the food would be hot.

"I invited EZ over for dinner," she said.

"Why the hell did you do that," I asked. Not angrily just curious.

"He called for you on the office phone, and he had the cooker I needed. He dropped it off and went to pick up a boat. I have no idea what that is about." she said.

"I imagine you will see," I said. The cooker wasn't on wheels it sat up on concrete blocks. Once it cooled we could take it down and move it somewhere else.

I took the laptop and my phone over to the barge and my bedroom. I made some inquires while I waited for dinner. I book marked a few pages then plugged it in to get the battery at max charge before the next sunrise. There was a little room left under the bicycle frame for storage. It would be enough for the lab top.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.