Vortex - Cover

Vortex

Copyright© 2013 by Kaffir

Chapter 14

The race meeting at Bath was a success and Starlight, as if she was appreciating the situation, won! Everyone, particularly Tim and the rest of his syndicate who were all there, was thrilled.

Wendy was in her seventh heaven. She was reunited with her father and beloved brother. Tim, despite the incident at the jeweller's had discarded his crutches and was merely using a walking stick. His family had welcomed her again, this time with open arms, and she got on well with the other three members of Tim's syndicate and their wives.

In the intervening ten days Tim had completed a task he had been dreading and putting off. He rang Jane's parents while Wendy was out. Her mother answered the phone.

"Hilary, it's Tim."

"Tim dearest, how lovely to hear you! The last time you rang you were still pretty down. How are you now?"

"Much better thank you and that is why I've rung. I'm going to get married again."

There was a stunned silence and then Hilary said, "Good! Sorry I was so slow off the mark but after the last time we spoke I got the impression you were resigned to widowhood. Jane would be delighted for you."

Tim gulped. This was going better than he ever expected. "She is. You know how I told you that we had these sort of conversations. Well she told me that I deserved to give and receive the same sort of love that we had for each other and that she would welcome Wendy and me when the time came. I had one more jag even after I had proposed and been accepted by Wendy and Jane comforted me once more. Since then we haven't been in contact. I suspect she reckons I can get on with it now on my own."

"Your love for each other, Tim, particularly on the mental and spiritual level was something extra special. Like Jane, I'm sure that you and Wendy will reach that level too. I know you don't give your heart to someone lightly." She chuckled. "Remember the age you and Jane took to take the plunge. Tell me about Wendy and how you met her."

Tim did so. Apart from a sharp intake of breath when he told her who Wendy was Hilary remained silent throughout.

"Woof!" she said when he finished. "That's quite a story, almost as though fate had a hand in it. James will be fascinated but thrilled that you are going to marry again. Please, please invite us to your wedding and do, if you have the time, come and see us. Have you fixed a date yet?"

"No. Jupiter fell on me a couple of weeks ago and cracked my shin. I'd prefer not to be hobbling about on a stick so it probably won't be before May."

"Whenever, dear. I look forward to meeting your Wendy."

"Thank you, Hilary. I was worried that you might be upset."

"Far from it. I'm absolutely delighted."

He rang off.

Now it was over he wanted to share it with Wendy and he waited impatiently for her to return.

"Silly boy," she smiled at him. "There was no need to bottle it all up and get in a stew."

"I didn't want you to get in a stew too."

"Typical! Darling, I love you and want to share your stews. I may even be able to talk or laugh you out of them." She grinned. "I'll bet there's some old saying about a stew shared."

The night after the race meeting Wendy went to spoon up behind Tim as usual. Instead he rolled towards her and took her in his arms.

"Are you ready for me to make love to you?" he asked her gently.

"Yes, my Tim. More than ready."

He touched his lips to hers and ran his hand slowly and gently up and down her back marvelling at the silky feel of her skin. Next he moved his hand to her hair while he kissed her forehead, her eyes, her nose and then back to her lips but this time his tongue flicked across them. She opened them and her tongue tentatively sought his. They kept this up for a while, their tongues becoming gradually more aggressive as their passion began to mount.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.