Hindsight 20/20 Book 2 - Cover

Hindsight 20/20 Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by SmokinDriver

Chapter 5

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 5 - A continuation of Book one after Britt has graduated college. Book two picks up at the beginning of his new career.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Rags To Riches   DoOver   Time Travel   Spanking  

I stopped in and picked up sandwiches for us before heading back to the meeting.

Rob and Samantha arrived right on time and joined the group. I had Joe Carlson provide some background information on how he used the UPC code technology at the Port of Seattle. After he explained the basics of the functionality and the benefits in time and money, it was my turn to say a few words.

"Thanks, Joe. I want you and Craig to pay special attention to what they're presenting. That goes for every division. To achieve the best results, we must work as a team. I traveled to Houston last week and sat down with Rob and Samantha or Sam to go over our business model. The overall model calls for us to manage trucks, trailers, loads within the trailer, drivers and other things. We will have all the scanners tied to a time clock so that we can derive average speeds; we can tie refills to specific trucks and drivers to those trucks to see if something is out of the window of acceptable performance. This will also offer us information on how to manage the mileage for preventative maintenance work. I tried to think of everything that we might want as far as the accumulation of data.

Rob and Sam will be laying out their plan based on my criteria. However, during your analysis, you may find something either major or minor that we need to change or add. I've told them that they can expect criticism and changes. I'd rather make those changes or additions on paper today than pay a development team to recode the software later. Try to hold your questions and comments until the end but if something just doesn't sound right please speak up so everyone understands the process correctly. Anything before they start?"

Craig Warren the CEO of Freedom trucking said, "Rob before you start, if half of what Britt just said is true, then this meeting has already made my day. I'm looking forward to what this new technology could mean for our company. Thanks for coming to talk to us today."

Rob stood up and made some basic introductions of himself and the company before turning it over to Sam. Next Sam went through their understanding of our business plan. She then detailed the list of needs that we discussed in Houston and in Cincinnati. When she finished, she asked if there were any questions or comments. She asked if we had missed anything.

What followed was some back and forth discussions about different reports that they'd need, but with the data already there, the formulas would be easy to add in to the mix.

Rob was up next and talked in general about the technology and the overall functionality of the system's tools. He covered the entire process from installation, to use, and then to system deliverables. There was a question and answer session following Rob's presentation and then we got out the whiteboards and started to talk about what we had gotten right and what we had gotten wrong. We covered things that we needed to add and things that we needed to change. We talked about locations, installations and everything in between. There were many smiles around the room, except for the construction manager. The others wanted more data, which meant more data entry points or more scanners.

I was listening out of one ear and thinking when I thought about customer cards. A person could fill up with gas and scan their card outside before coming in to receive a free cup of coffee or fountain drink. Of course there would be other items surrounding the coffee and fountain drinks for a customer to buy. We could even have family cards where if the husband stopped by on his way to work, he'd get a free cup of coffee. If his wife stopped by later, she'd get a free cup as well. She may also pick up a muffin or fill up her car with gasoline. The use of cards and computers would raise the average sale amount per customer and make their stopping at our stations more of a habit. We'd have to build more stations besides the truck stops, but the larger purchasing power would lower our costs and raise profits.

When it wound down and everyone had their say, I asked if there was any other new business but there wasn't any. I stood and then had Beth stand.

"I'd like to introduce you to Beth Overstreet. I want you all to carry at least five of her cards wherever you go. She's the new me. Half the time, when I wake up, it seems that I don't even know where I'm at, so I've brought Beth on to manage my calls and schedule. I'm still only one person so I can only be in one place at a time. I'll check in with Beth a few times during each day. During that time, she'll give me any messages that you left. When you talk with her she can let you know, to the best of her knowledge, my current location and an approximation on the time that you might receive a return call from me. I've asked her not to answer calls twenty-four hours a day. She has two beautiful kids that need to have a mother so she'll answer your calls live during business hours unless she's doing something else. She'll have an answering machine that will be on twenty-four hours a day. Be nice to her and she'll be nice to you. Be mean or short with her and you'll deal with me. I know that at times, you find it frustrating to track me down but this is the best I can do for now."

Craig said, "Unless there's any other business, this meeting is now over, and we will all be meeting for drinks and dinner at the Stock-Yard Restaurant."

We had our own private dining room and it was great to see everyone and introduce everyone personally to Beth. I finally broke away and spoke with John Beth's husband.

"Hey, old man. How is everything going at home with Beth taking this new job?"

"Britt, being very honest, I was kind of pissed at first. I know you two love to flirt and that you had done things together back in Gainesville. I thought this was just a game. When I started to get upset though, Beth stepped in and pointed out that she was a person with a brain and you selecting her as personal assistant to someone in your position, was a big responsibility. She told me that she could help this company succeed or cause more problems. The more I thought about it, the more I looked at it in a different way."

"I think she had the same realization on the phone. She asked for a salary of around $5 an hour. I don't need a babysitter. I need someone to make my life easier. I need someone to tell CEOs to make up their own mind because that's what we are paying them to do. I need someone to say "no".

"When she told me her salary, it blew me away. She's as sharp as a tack and you best believe that she's not afraid to say 'no'. I think you'll get exactly what you're paying for."

"John on a serious note, I do love Beth but not in a steal her away from you kind of way. She's part mother, part moral compass, part sexy lady and overall someone I can trust to look out for little old Britt. I sometimes need someone to tell me what to do. Sometimes I'm too close to the situation and need someone to say, 'Britt, I love you but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard'."

"She loves you Britt. I'm not worried about her leaving, but I'm afraid that every time she sees you that she'll be asking for a permission slip. You do still ask for those don't you?"

"Yes, with the sole exception of Peter's wife. I pretend I have it, but I don't see her very often although I should probably come to Orlando to check on her and her lovely body."

"Beth has my permission too but if you or she ever feels like she's drifting away from me I'll ask her to stop."

"John, I don't take that trust lightly and I don't think I'll abuse the privilege very often. I enjoy flirting with her as much as being with her, but I think you like it better too. It's my responsibility to do the work and you enjoy the rewards. You haven't seen her work uniform yet but you'll see it more than me. Just remember that you both work for me and during our discussions, you'll both learn some things that you aren't supposed to share with the other. I can't think of any off of the top of my head, but keep that in mind just like I'll keep in mind that she's married to one of my best friends in the world."

John said, "I'll remember that. Thanks for seeing the great person that Beth is. I think she'll help you a lot. I know that I've had more time in the last couple days."

"John, you did a good job as my secretary but my new one is much cuter."

We shook hands and I went over to talk to Jay Cathcart the overseer of all the construction projects. I apologized for all the changes that we made today. "Jay we're doing something new and something big." I said. "I expect that we will be making changes every day as we try to solve problems that we don't even know exist yet. If we can figure them out now it will save us work, time and money later. If you have a ditch in the ground for a pipe to carry a wire, throw in three more and cover up the ends. We may never use them or we may use them all. A piece of pipe is cheap compared to needing to dig up the parking lot again in two years. After sitting through the discussion do you see the benefits of the new products you'll be installing?"

Jay said, "Britt, I see the benefit but I also see the work. I know that the plans provided specific locations and conduit to take care of the scanners, but I think after this meeting that we may need to double the locations around the truck stops."

"Jay if you were collecting money would you rather use one hand or ten?"

"I know you're right. All of my guys call in once a day. By next week, these will all be on the drawings."

"Thanks Jay. You have to remember that trucks deliver everything that you buy. We tack on the cost of shipping to every purchase. That's first shipping the raw materials to the plant to make the parts and then shipping the parts to the manufacturer or assembler. The assembler ships to a warehouse or distributor and they ship it to the retail store. The technology you're installing will drop the cost of shipping by a great deal. We'll pass the savings on to the end customer. By you installing these scanners you're giving every family a $500 Christmas present every year. Does that help you understand why this is important? Think of the bicycles and games, family trips and medical bills that you'll be helping them buy with money that we provide."

"I guess I see your point. I just wish you'd have thought of it sooner."

"So do I. There's only one perfect person in the history of man and I'm not him. I'm far from it."

"I hear you. Thanks Britt."

"By the way, a couple of weeks ago, I stopped by some of the sites in Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. They were all dried in and had people working on the construction."

"That's John Baker's territory. He used to head construction for Piggly Wiggly and he's a sharp guy."

"Thanks Jay. Keep up the good work."

"I'll try," he said.

I found Beth talking with Craig. I walked up and listened to them for a bit, until I finally said, "Craig I see you've met your and my new best friend."

Craig said, "I'm buying her as many drinks as I can. I've been very frustrated at times waiting a week to get an answer to a question."

"Beth can answer them for me or you can just go with your gut. What do you think of the technology we discussed today?"

"Britt, it blew me away. I've heard your story and I understand the premise of all your ideas. I just have always had this feeling in my gut that asks the question 'How will I make this all function'. After today I feel that the weight has lifted and I'm finally free to worry about other things."

"Craig, speaking about worrying about things, I want to go up and visit the Superior Trucks company that we own. I'd like for you to come with me so I can try to figure out a few things if you can spare a day or two?"

"Sure, when do you want to go?"

"How's about we try to make next Monday if that works for everyone. I can have Beth call Roy, the CEO, and make sure he'll have time."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.