Dawn
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2013 by Pappy

I'm not sure if it was the sun, water or the food, but the role of being Mrs. Smyth seemed to agree with Dawn. Most of her scars and bruises had healed up. One Ex-pat had commented about them when we first arrived. Dawn immediately told him that we were on our honeymoon and just got a bit carried away. "You should see him, well, actually I don't think you should see him, you know how it is, do you!"

It was easy to think of her as my wife. This was someone who had gone through Hell and could laugh about it. "Dawn, we need to talk a bit. You seem to have taken to this quite easily, should I let your grandfather know where we are or do you want to go somewhere else, we have plenty of money?"

"For the first time in my life I feel safe and very secure. No, I don't want to call in just yet and if it is all the same to you, let's stay here. I do like it, very much in-fact."

"I'm glad. You have had a bit of bad luck Mrs. Smyth, and I do like the smile on your face. Your not a bad looking bird on the beach either."

She laughed and took my hand in hers. "What's your story then. You seem to be British yet you work for my Grandfather?"

"No, I just work with the same firm as he and Brad, but I do not work for them. Helping you was just an accident, actually your accident I saw on my way from work. Things just went from there. You are very nice you know!"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why and how can you just take me, whisk me off to some exotic beach and make me fall in-love with you?" Then she started to cry.

I felt a lump in my throat, a large lump. I put my arm around her and pulled her closer.

"That's easy, you laugh at my jokes, eat my cooking and never complain about my driving, now what more can a man ask for." I gently kissed her forehead and gave her a hug.

She put her arms around me and cried even more after hitting me on the arm.

One day I told her that I had to leave. She could stay at the house then later let her grandfather know where she was. I gave her some money, reminded her that all the house expenses were handled and if I did not come back in one year to just let it go and live her life.

I hoped that things would work out for her but never did find out for certain. Italy, Northern Italy to be more specific was my next stop. I wished that Dawn could have come with me but it would never work between us.

When I looked back, that last image of her remained with me for the rest of my life; which was not to be very long. I did miss her, a lot.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.