Doorbell Rang! - Cover

Doorbell Rang!

 

Chapter 4: The Beat goes on...

After calling her back, Danny set up a meet, to see how Britney looked, and to introduce his fiancée.

They went to the Denny's he had arranged to meet at getting there first. Everyone through the door turned him around to see who it was. Finally, with her mountainous bosoms leading the way, in walked Britney.

She said, "Hi Danny," before she even noticed Sandy was there. "Oh, Hi Sandra — how are you?"

"Happy as a clam!" she answered. "Sit down, I remember meeting you once or twice. You still turn heads, don't you?"

Sitting down, she responded, "Thank you, you have grown into a pretty young thing yourself."

"Do you want anything?" Danny asked getting up as the gentleman he was.

"Coffee please?" Brit responded, looking around for something.

Danny made a motion to get a waitress over to get coffee for three.

"Brittney, I have some news for you," he took a deep breath, waiting for her response.

"Spill," she said wondering why he had brought his sister here.

"Just before I left for college, I received some news. Some really earth-shattering news! Few people know," he said.

"So, tell me already," was the obvious response.

"Dan and Olivia ... are not my biological parents. Mine died over 20 years ago," Danny said to both girls. This was brand new information to Britney.

"Oh, my goodness. You mean that your parents never told you until you were about to leave for college?"

"Yes, that's correct!" Danny answered.

"So, what does that mean exactly?" Britney asked.

At this moment, Sandy, whose hands were on her lap through this, put them on the table. The ring caught Britney's eye.

"Sandy, you're engaged," Britney said, "How wonderful, who's the lucky fellah?"

Danny reached across the table, and took his stepsisters hand. It became clear to Britney, who did quite the job of not screaming.

"You two — are engaged ... to be married?" she said getting up. She slapped Daniel very hard, and stormed out of Denny's.

"She took that better than I expected," Danny chuckled checking his jaw.

The waitress with the coffee pot came by, "Is your friend coming back?"

Sandy said, "I don't think so, so it's coffee for two, please?"

They stayed and talked for a while, sharing an order of French fries while they talked.


Summer lovin, having a blast — summer lovin, happened so fast...

They shared all of their acquaintances, lovers, social media friends, and things like the run Sandy takes every morning. They were taking a big chance being there. They both had friends who visited this place, but they decided to let people know as they were happened upon.

Coincidently, Sandy's three best friends all walked in together, Betty, Jan and Marty.

All Sandy did was show her ring to them, and they all went crazy. It was at that point; they noticed Danny sitting there.

(The rest of this is in first person, from Danny's POV)

"Sandy," Jan said, "Why are you sitting here with your brother?" I took her hand, just like we did in front of Britney, and they first had question mark looks on their faces. I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it - they all swooned.

They all insisted to find out how it all happened, and we eagerly told them the long and detailed moments involved. I asked them if they wanted anything to drink, but they left talking faster than when they first walked in.

Sandy said, "That takes care of everyone in my school learning about us. What about your cohorts in crime?"

"My best friends are all over the United States in College, Sandy — unless they're in jail," I explained with a chuckle. She kissed me.


The money from my birth parents wasn't available until I turn 25. I found a job, and started paying rent to Mom and Dad. We lived together in my room, but had immediate plans to move out as soon as we could afford it.

Dad refused the money at first, but I gave to him anyway. It was 25% of what I earned. Despite the economy, I found a position as a Computer Systems Analyst for a local company about to start opening kiosk access to their bank of computers. I doubled as a Database Administrator Assistant also doing some Software development for the company. I started making $1,000 a week and after six weeks, I was taking home $8.000 a month. Things were good.

I only did this because Dad didn't hold me to come to work for him, as a Market Research Assistant, as our original deal had said. He got out of the Real Estate Business to run our main office. It worked out.

We kept our getting married plans on hold until I turned 25. We scheduled it to be on February 14th, with all the trimmings. Mom and Sandy were in charge of getting everything planned, while we boys went off to work each day.

Sandy stayed on the pill until January, so we could start our family at our new place. After work, She and I would go out, looking for just the right home to buy. We found a wonderful spot only two miles from the folks. I had enough money saved to put up a deposit, but we didn't tell them.

The ladies sent out 400 invitations, with the wedding planned for the back yard of the home, we both grew up in. They got over 300 RSVPs of people coming. We were registered at Macy's Online, Bed Bath and Beyond, Bloomingdales, Crate & Barrel and Target.

Mom and Dad were springing for Sandy's wedding dress, which needed way to many fittings, taking my sister-bride from me to many times. Sandy was learning how to cook from Mom, fixing dinner for the lot of us a few times.

February 1st came along - my 25th birthday. We got a number of things from Mom and Dad, more for the two of us then for me alone. The next morning, Dad dropped some keys in my hand, as we headed outside. A brand-new Honda Odyssey was outside, with a ribbon on it. Sandy came out with me and loved the practicality of it. She got out and Dad got in.

He pulled from his pocket an envelope — it had written on it the Daniel McHenry Estate. Everybody started a chant, 'Open It, Open It, ' so I did. It was a check for nine million dollars. Sandy got back in and we kissed until Dad said, "Don't be late for work!" They all waved as I left for work.

I pulled up, went to the owner of the company and gave my four-week notice. He was aghast, as you might expect. He said that I was too important to leave, and offered me double what I was making. I countered with working from home, which he snapped right up and agreed to.

After work, I pulled up to the bank and sat down with a personal banker and discussed the best thing to do with my check. We set up an account for an amount equal to the probable tax that we'd set aside. I took out 10% for upcoming costs, with the rest in a mutual fund account with a high annual yield.

From there I called the Realtor and settled up on our new house. I gave her a hefty commission. Then I went home to where everyone one was. Sandy was waiting for me, wanting to go for a ride. We told the folks, we'd be getting our own dinner.

I told my betrothed about all I had done today. She giggled the whole time, especially when I told her about owning our house. We were waiting to spring that on everyone at the wedding.

We traveled to the Denny's we loved so much, and had an enjoyable dinner together.


February 14th, Valentines Day, was a Saturday this year. The morning started with people arriving in droves looking ready for church. Many people I hadn't seen in many years were there. Many of them started their remarks with, "I haven't seen you since you were (fill in the blank) years old" I smiled and thanked them for coming.

Ninety minutes later, everything started. My best friend from college showed up - his name's Jeff Newman ... he was my best man. Sandy picked Jan from her posse to be her maid of honor. We were all standing by Father O'Hara, who only agreed to marry us after seeing proof we weren't biologically related.

The music started, 'Somewhere Out There, ' by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram, and everyone stood up, as I saw Dad and Sandy walking together towards me. She was crying - Dad was close to it. He stopped, giving her a kiss, and she walked up to me, stopping alongside.

Father O'Hara opened the Bible and said, "While no where it says in this book that a brother should marry a sister. I have been shown absolute proof that there is no blood relation between these two, thus I have the honor to tell all who can hear me, that Vincent Fontaine is marring Sandra Marie Olson on this day."

"They each have something they wish to say to their friends who are here."

"Sandra," I said, "the moment I found that I was adopted, I could finally admit that I loved you. It started earlier than that day. I now admit back when you were 14 years old, I fell for my little sister. I felt horrible, disgusted with myself over these feelings that filled my heart and soul. I kept them inside, trying to find and fall in love with someone else. I apologize to all the girls, and for all the girls that I tried so hard to fall in love with."

"Quite fortunately, my adopted parents told me the truth the week I left for college. Right then and there, I told them, I wouldn't leave unless they promised to tell Sandy how I felt, after I was in college."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.