Audition Notice - Cover

Audition Notice

 

Chapter 10

We got home later than usual and went straight to sleep. This play is growing more intense every time we run it.

An early phone call woke me up. It was Dad!

"Michael, did you spend almost $6,000 yesterday?"

"Yes sir, I sure did. Amy needed to replace most of her wardrobe. It seemed a smart investment."

"Where does she think this money came from? You didn't tell her anything ... did you?"

"Dad, I told her everything–it felt great to get that off my back. I also quit my job yesterday. I offered George two weeks notice, but he wouldn't let me. I told him about my girl—my fiancée."

"Did you even bring up the notion of a pre-nuptial agreement?"

"Yes, I did," I answered.

"Great, at least she won't..."

"I told her that you wanted me to have a pre-nup and I gave her the option."

"Michael, I think that's a mistake."

"I know you do Dad, but we're so much in love. We're living together in my place. Probably, after we get married, we'll find a nice house to move into."

"Michael, don't piss your money away on a girl. Think hard before you make the next step in this ... relationship you have."

"I have Dad, good-bye!"

I rolled over and held Amy.

"Was that your dad?"

"Yeah."

"He knows about any money you spend?"

"I plan to take him off the account and put you on it."

"Won't that upset him?"

"I sure hope so! I'm tired of him telling me to be wary of any girl I meet. I've met the girl I love, and we're getting married and a house of our own."

"I love you," she said with a yawn.

"Not as much as I love you, Amy."

We fell back to sleep.

Around noon, we woke up for the day. I think I'm sleeping better now that I have a lover in bed with me. We took a shower together, including some serious making out and packed our bags for our rehearsal.

We left for some errands, going grocery shopping for us, getting something besides pear slices for the play, hunting through a couple of Antique Shoppes for old fashioned can openers. We went to a Rite-Aid; Amy needed to get a new batch of birth control pills and some emergency contraception. She also looked through the hair coloring options, found a deep red, that she bought all eight of. In the middle of all that, we stopped and had lunch at Hardee's—I love roast beef sandwiches!

We took the groceries home and put them away. Amy had an idea to better organize my food cupboard, so I let her at it. Marvelous, I don't know if Amy is becoming her character or her character has become Amy.

Concerning our canned food for the play, we got Del Monte's brand apricots, sliced peaches, orange slices, sliced pears, almond flavored apricots, sweet cherries and pineapple slices. All of the cans were identically sized, so we stripped the labels off and put them in a bag to go with us to rehearsal.

We discussed how to handle each of these, and Amy had some nasty ideas, including some for the play.

We also got some bottled water, removed the labels and put them in the fridge to take with us when we leave.

Lastly, she went in and did her first hair coloring. I offered to help, but she locked me out of my own bathroom until she was done.

Forty minutes later, she walked out looking fantastic, reminding me of that gorgeous redhead on the Mentalist ... Amanda Righetti!

I told her that—she liked being compared to her, but said, "She's got bigger tits than me!"

"I don't care about that, yours are perfect to me, perfectly suckable," I said.

We sat and ran lines until it was time to leave for rehearsal. Amy got up to change into her 'double holster' bras and shirt. We grabbed our props and left for the theatre.

Kevin showed up, whistled at the red-haired version of Amy, telling us to sit down for a moment.

"All right, the play and the rehearsals are going well. There is a rumor of nudity, which, of course, means the Theatre Board wants us to preview what we have so far before they decide to add an extra week of two to the run. Are you both available if we add one or two weekends to the run of the show?"

"I'm fine with it," I said.

"I get to flash even more people that way," Amy said. "Let's do it."

"They want to see a run-through ASAP. Would tomorrow work, or maybe the next day?" Kevin asked.

We looked at each other and said, "Tomorrow" together.

"Wonderful. We'll fine-tune act two scene two tonight, all right?"

We both agreed.

I preset some cans in the wagon, putting the army shirt back in as well. I then realized that it would be in the tent, where Amy and I had just fucked. We both got in the tent; I tore her shirt open.

"ACTION"

Michael: (I walked out, zipping up my pants and putting on my shirt) Amy?

Amy: (coming out with her breast's showing, but she was buttoning them up as she said her line) What!

Michael: How far from here have you gone looking for animals for food? Past those hills, there could even be other people, for all we know.

Amy: I haven't been out to those hills yet, but you're right. There could be others, although I have a strong feeling, there aren't?

Michael: People ... maybe there is some civilization left somewhere...

Amy: Maybe those people have learned something from the mushroom cloud. Maybe there can still be a better world.

"Go all the way to the downstage left corner of the stage, please Amy?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.