The Junior Deputy U.S. Marshals. 7 in STOPWATCH - Cover

The Junior Deputy U.S. Marshals. 7 in STOPWATCH

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 19

Back in Tyler, they reported in at the Marshals Station. To be honest, John was Not happy to see them. Homeland Security had been on his ass ever since 'The Great Waste of Aviation Fuel at Johnson's Ranch.'

What Homeland Security was really pissed about was the Silver Metal Disk; no one could open it ... nothing would lift it ... it didn't roll because it wouldn't push. Its existence represents a clear and present danger to the security of the United States... (oops ... forgot the caps ... and the quotes. It's not possible to properly enter the screech but the reader is welcome to picture a Terrible Twos tantrum.)

"Its Existence Represents a Clear and Present Danger to the Security of the United States of America ... and WE WON'T HAVE IT!" accompanied with the drumming of heels and the shock and awe of the assorted secretaries in their cubicles. Not only was THIS OBJECT a danger to the US of A, but it was a clear danger to the Director and her excellent job. "WE are highly displeased ... heads shall roll!" was the final comment before the disconnect.

They checked in. "Well ... I'd say Good Morning to you two, but it hasn't been one. Homeland Security is pissed ... therefore, I'm pissed and piss flows downhill ... so rather than being the pissed upon I'll just step out of the way and let it flow on down to you. Here ... where do you think you're going?"

"Home ... when you get in a better mood, call ... We might come back."

"Shit! I keep forgetting you don't need to work." His phone rang. "Damn it all to Hell ... that woman is going to drive me crazy. Yes, Ma'am"

"No, Ma'am."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Ma'am?"

"Ma'am?" John was louder and interrupting.

"Sorry. They're here."

"I can't do that."

"Because they're STINKING RICH!"

"Sorry."

"They'll quit."

"Yes, Ma'am ... they don't need the money."

"Neither one."

"Nope ... they don't care."

He folded his phone.

"She's on her way here. I'm supposed to keep you until she shows up." He looked awfully worried. "Please stay. I need this job. She'll fire me if I let you go. I'm so close to retirement ... stay?"

Bill sat down ... E'veen sat down ... John walked to his office. Bill picked up the paper. The winning Powerball and Mega Millions numbers were displayed on the bottom left corner of the front page. Bill motioned to E'veen and pointed to the numbers. Well ... don't you know she was gone and back in the blink of an eye. She winked at Bill.

It wasn't much of a jackpot but it would do for retirement. Just two drawings worth... 30 million.

There's one thing a person needs to know about the Lottery ... no matter who wins ... the Lottery is the big winner. All that lovely money is in high interest bonds and they make a dime or more off every dollar they pay out. Never worry about winning. The longer it takes the winner to show up and collect the more the Lottery makes.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.