Dragon Mage - Cover

Dragon Mage

Copyright© 2012 by Dragon Mage

Chapter 1

Class was just about to let out for the day, and James was bored out of his mind. The only thing he had to look forward to that day was going home and playing his Xbox. James was six foot-two, at one hundred eighty pounds. Being as tall as he was and weighing so little he was rather skinny. It also made him the butt of many of the jokes made by the popular kids. This left him dateless on Friday night. James hadn't ever had a girlfriend, much less been on a date, James was what people called a loser.

With all the crazy things that kept happening around him, James tended to keep to himself. Once, when he got really angry at his mom his hands caught on fire. He still didn't know how it had happened.

Sitting in his class, he was looking around when he saw the girl of his dreams sitting in her seat at the front. Karen McMorgan, to James, was the most perfect strawberry blonde that had ever existed. She stood about five feet six inches tall, with double 'D' cups and the most perfect ass he ever saw on a girl. The only problem was she that didn't know he even existed. James had been infatuated with her since the first time he'd ever seen her. They had just started junior high school, and she had been in his homeroom class. The moment he saw her he knew that she was meant to be his.

James was still day dreaming about Karen, when all of a sudden he heard someone clear their throat. Looking up, he saw his teacher looking at him.

"So, Mister Forester, do you have the answer to the problem on the board?" asked Mrs. Fleming, his algebra I teacher.

James looked at the problem. He realized that they had been going over something new, and he hadn't been paying attention. Not wanting to draw any more attention to himself James always down played his intelligence. James had what is commonly known as a photo graphic memory. Having read the book James, probably knew the subject better than the teacher.

"No, Ma'am," he replied.

"Very well, see me after school is out," said Mrs. Fleming.

"Just my luck," thought James.

Now he would have to walk home. Because he would have to serve a detention, after school, he would miss the school bus. He didn't have any other way to get home, as his mother would still be at work.

His dad had left the family when he was a baby. He didn't really know much about his dad, since his mom didn't talk about him very much. All he knew was that his mother was still very angry at the fact that she was fooled by him, as badly as she had been. She had thought that he was the perfect candidate to be her husband, and the father of her children. When she told him she was pregnant, she suddenly she found that she had been living in 'her own little dream world.' His leaving had really cut her very deeply.

She hadn't been very trusting, since then. James had even heard her crying, late at night, when she thought he was asleep. James loved his mother very much, and appreciated all that she sacrificed for him. After his father left, his mother had taken on two jobs. She had wanted to provide a better life for her child, so she had gone to school as well. She'd done all this, while taking care of him, too. He hated to admit it, but he'd been somewhat of a pain in the ass as a little kid. He was always getting into trouble, and his mother would be right there to help get him back out again. She never seemed to give up on him, and was always holding out the hope that he would get his act together, and straighten out to become the man she knew he was capable of being.

James' mom started her day just like she always did with a quick shower and a cup of coffee. Sandra Forester was a real looker. She stood around five foot-six at one hundred thirty pounds, with quite a sizable bust line. (36DD) While she was in the shower she would usually finger herself to get off, so she could relieve the stress of her constant horniness. She did it in the shower so that James wouldn't hear her, so she could keep it from him. She had a very high sex drive, but didn't want to keep bringing strange men home. She usually had a lot of guys hitting on her during her work day, but she didn't feel any kind of attraction to any of them. After her shower, she usually had a cup of coffee while preparing for work.

James' mom worked as an accountant, and made a fairly decent salary. She usually left the house around 7:00 AM. This morning, she was a little late leaving, because she just couldn't seem to get over her horniness. As a result, she failed to notice the strange man standing on the corner, staring at her house. She was in a rush to get to work because she was late. She almost wrecked a couple of times before she got there. Once again she missed the same strange man, now standing outside her office staring at her, as she entered the office building where she worked.

After James got out of detention he started walking home. As he was walking he was thinking about Karen, the girl of his dreams. He was so infatuated with her. She was everything that he wasn't. He wanted to be able to have someone like her, to deserve someone like her. He was so lost in thought, that he didn't notice the man that was following him. When James got home, he went up to his room. He decided to go ahead and get his homework out of the way, so he would have more time to play his favorite games on the Xbox before dinner. His homework usually only took about an hour and a half to complete. When he was done, he started to game with his friends, out in cyberspace. This was what he was doing when his mom stuck her head in his room when she got home.

"Have you got your homework done?" she asked him.

"Yes, Mom. I did it right when I got home from school," James replied.

"Good. Dinner will be done in about thirty minutes," she said.

After she left the room, James went back to gaming until dinner was done. James and his mother had no idea that while this conversation was going on, the man, who had followed both James and his mom around today, was standing outside the house. He was chanting in an ancient language, which hadn't been heard on Earth for thousands of years. When this strange man was done with the chant, individual portals with a linked destination opened, next to both James and his mother. They were both sucked in, and disappeared.

After the portal drew them both into itself, it started the process of making the occupants compatible with the world that was their destination. The portal gave them knowledge of the spoken languages, extant, and repaired any injuries, aliments, and diseases that were afflicting them.

James awoke.

He was lying in a wide open field, next to his mother. Immediately, James crawled over to his mother and shook her awake.

His mother looked up at him and asked, "Where are we? I don't recognize anything around here!"

"I don't know. I just woke up a few seconds ago, myself. But, wherever we are, we need to find some sort of shelter before nightfall," replied James.

As they made ready to leave the spot where they had awakened, James noticed they didn't have any food with them, either.

He commented on this to his mother, saying, "We will have to find something to eat if we don't want to starve out here, before we find shelter."

"Well, which way should we go?" asked his mom.

James didn't know why, but he was feeling some sort of a pull coming from the west, and said s much to his mother.

"I don't know why, but I get the feeling that we should head west."

"Well, that direction is as good as any, I suppose."

They started out in the direction that James' 'pull' had indicated. After walking for a while, James noticed that he wasn't as winded as he should have been. He mentioned this to his mother.

"Mom, I don't know about you; but I'm not feeling as tired as I should, after walking as far as we have already come."

"Now that you mention it; I have noticed that all the aches and pains, which have been plaguing me for so long, are not there anymore."

"I wonder what could have happened to cause this."

"I don't know, but I am very grateful for whatever it was," said James.

They had been traveling for several hours, when they found some berries that they recognized from home, as well as some walnut trees. They spent the next few minutes eating the berries, and filling their pockets with all the nuts they could carry. While doing this, James' mom realized that they had not had water, or anything else to drink, since they had arrived in this strange world. She commented on this to James.

"We haven't had anything to drink in a while. Maybe we should see if we can find a river or somewhere we can find some water."

Knowing that they wouldn't survive long on just what they would be able to drink at the river, James started thinking about how they could carry more water with them. It took most of the afternoon before they finally heard what sounded like a river.

"Do you hear that?" James asked his mom.

"Yes, it sounds like it is coming from over in that direction, over there," replied his mom.

They turned, and started towards the direction of the sound of the river. As they got closer to the river, they heard another sound coming from the same direction. This new sound seemed to be a woman singing. Whoever it was that was singing, was very good. Not wanting to startle whoever it was, they hid behind some bushes, to see if they could spot her. What they saw was the most beautiful redheaded girl that either of them has ever seen. She looked to be very fit at about five foot-nine roughly one hundred fifty pounds, with a rather large bust. She was in the water, naked, taking a bath.

Embarrassed and feeling slightly guilty James turned around to give the girl some privacy and asked his mom to talk to her. His mom walked cautiously toward the river and cleared her throat. As she did so, the girl taking a bath turned around suddenly, covering herself as best as she could.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.