The Tales of Tanitsar - Cover

The Tales of Tanitsar

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Chapter 17: At War with Hanilei

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 17: At War with Hanilei - This is the story of Macro, Prince and heir to the throne of Tanitsar, and how he ended slavery in his homeland. It is also the story of Thesia, a slave girl who becomes the linchpin for the unfolding events, of Alana, a lonely, unhappy princess who has to hide her disfigured face, of Anais, a freed slave and tactical genius, and of Pilar, Thesia's sister and rival, who is desperate to show her mettle. My first attempt at Fantasy.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Harem   First   Oral Sex  

It was strange for Macro to watch the ships sail, while he himself had to stay behind. Twenty-seven large caravelles carried over four thousand soldiers, including Macro's own archers. He fervently hoped for their safe return.

Below him, on the quays, Banas was exercising the recruits who were to form the Prince's Guard. The young man had gladly accepted the position, and he was busy whipping the ragtag bunch of recruits into shape, assisted by experienced sergeants and corporals recruited from the ranks of various army troops. It had been easy to find the over five hundred recruits among the freed former slaves.

Nodding with satisfaction Macro left the Harbour Citadel heading back to the New Palace. He found Thesia and Alana busily directing the men and women who were cleaning the unused wing and readying it for its new occupants. With them stood Livia, the daughter of the Duke. Macro knew her from the burial ceremony of Queen Ada. She had been only sixteen then, a skinny, shy girl, but she had blossomed since then into a graceful beauty. The Duke had brought her along with him since she and her oldest brother were at odds with each other.

Macro looked at his wives with love and pride. They were both carrying his children, as anyone could see. It showed more on Thesia's small frame than on Alana's taller body, but according to them, they were both equally far along. Macro thanked fate that the scare of the attempted assassination had not hurt either of their fruit. When they had told him of their pregnancies, on the morning after, he had felt immeasurable relief and gratitude for Pilar. Now Anais was also certain that she was carrying. She was doing duty, once again commanding a troop of Guards, those left behind as nucleus of a defence, and he imagined his third wife to be quite happy with this. She had been a little disappointed at first when King Odar ordered her to stay behind, but that was before she knew of her state. It would be perfect and a reason for celebrations if threefold offspring would be born to the royal family.

Waving a greeting to his wives, Macro made for the throne chamber where he would meet with various officers in the next hours to receive reports and to dispense orders. He had his plate full now, not only with his usual workload as Vice-regent, but also as pro-tempore Regent of the Kingdom.

Queen Javila accompanied the King, but the other queens had stayed back, shying from the hardships of a military campaign. Macro was grateful for Queen Regula's presence, as she had promised her advice and support.

The entire family convened for the noon meal. There was a decided surplus of women at the table, with three queens, four princesses (including Jolia), Eloa, Pilar, and the Noble Livia. Only Banas and three cadets from the academy evened the numbers slightly, but there was also one female cadet. Macro had instituted a rotation by which four cadets at a time served in the Prince's Guard, and they were expected to sit at his table for the meals. His outward reason was to teach the young people courtly conduct, but he also did it to fasten ties with the future military leaders.

The mood at the table was slightly subdued, as was natural with the King and Lamas away to wage a war. Yet with many issues to discuss, the mood lifted and the young cadets relaxed somewhat. Anais in particular included the four youngsters in the conversation. All four were in awe of her, as she personified their ambitions and dreams, having risen from cadet to hero of the civil war, and now even to royal princess.

Courteous as he was, Macro made sure to pay attention to the daughter of the Duke, but she was almost shy in her answers, blushing frequently. This went for a while until Thesia turned to the young woman and patted her knee.

"Relax, Livia. Macro does not bite."

"He does nibble sometimes," Alana giggled, causing blushes all around.

Macro nearly shot the last sip of wine through his nose, but he controlled his diaphragm in time. He looked at Alana, so regal in her appearance, and shook his head. His second wife was by far the most lustful, and her pregnancy had even furthered that. To watch her and compare the Alana of today with the sometimes bitter, lonesome spinster she had been, reflected the changes Tanitsar had gone through.

"Forgive Alana, Noble Livia," he smiled. "She has her heart on her tongue these days."

Alana smiled at Macro. "And why shouldn't I?" She looked around. "I spent almost a lifetime having to deny being human and it made me miserable."

Thesia hugged her sister-wife. "You are right, my dear. We are all happy to see your human side anytime you care to show it."

Queen Regula cleared her throat, albeit fighting a smile. "Perhaps, now would be a good time to discuss the progress made with the Academy. Javila charged me to expedite the planning in her absence."

Alana dried her mouth with a napkin. "The changes to the rooms will be finished within a fortnight. The carpenters are working on the benches, tables and chalk boards."

"Prince Elbar's statue was commissioned last week," Macro added.

"Teaching may commence any time after that?" Regula asked, turning to Eloa and Thesia.

The willowy, silver-haired priestess nodded and smiled. "We have selected the teaching staff. From among the Hani who came with us, we picked a young woman who can teach Hani and basic writing. One of Lithris' former slaves is very skilled in numbers; he did the book keeping for the traitor. With Jolia, Thesia and myself, we can handle the first class."

"We should think about including Ronan's cadets in the basic teaching," Macro opined. "Who says they won't need numbers and writing in their future, or even knowledge of the laws?"

All eyes turned to the four cadets. One of them, Evias, stood and bowed.

"My Prince, Commander Ronan's wife teaches us the use of quill and abacus."

"She does? That is excellent. Perhaps Anais can find out to what level. Teichi may even help at the Civilian Academy too."

Anais nodded. "I can ride to the Academy this afternoon and find out. I have not seen Mother in two weeks."

"Do that, Anais, but not alone."

Anais nodded. Many precautions were still in place and would continue until all enemies were accounted for.

"Perhaps I could help too?" Livia spoke up. "I was taught the arts and the rules of colours, as well as clay work."

"Artistry? We had not thought of that," Eloa conceded. "It would round out the scope of learning. Appreciation of the arts is a hallmark of civilisation after all."

Regula had listened with a satisfied smile. "I see how things are growing together. I have one suggestion, though. The students should have regular exercises of their bodies. Odar believes that a strong mind will only thrive in a healthy body. I believe, Master Kiochi can devise exercises."

"He'll kill them," Anais laughed. "I believe you are right, though. The Tae-Gi exercises, in which he is a master, strengthen the body and help to focus the mind."

"Speaking of Tae-Gi," Macro said, "I have received a note from the Emperor of Nipom. They are interested in widening the trade between our islands. We can expect a delegation from them. It will be headed by his son, the Prince Itoh."

Anais' eyes went wide. "A prince of the Heavenly Empire will visit?"

Macro nodded with a smile. Teichi, her mother, had come from Nipom.

"Do you think your mother would like to be here for the visit?" Macro asked gently.

"It would be the fulfilment of her dreams."

"Tell her then. We shall give her note once their ships are in the offing."

Pilar had been silent until then as was her practice in recent weeks. Her face had healed to a large degree, but a thin red scar was still visible. She was running the palace in Javila's absence. Rumours had spread about her deeds and many courtiers were in no little fear of her.

"That means a Royal Banquet," she stated musingly. "Prince Itoh rates as visiting royalty. We had better prepare for this visit, all of us. It will be important to have troops ready too."

Macro looked at his wife's sister, tilting his head in a silent question.

"Seeing us well defended, even in King Odar's absence, will foster respect from our visitors," Pilar explained.

Regula's mouth twitched. "Kiochi has taught you more than just combat, my dear."

Pilar allowed herself a smile. "He and Javila, my Queen."

"Seeing all three of your wives with child will also foster respect," Alana spoke up.

At first they thought she had made another flippant remark, but she was serious. Pilar nodded.

"That is true. It will send the signal that Macro, heir to the throne of Tanitsar, will be a strong ruler. It cannot hurt to have that impression spread around the islands."

Macro shook his head in mock dismay. "With all the women around me so knowledgeable and wise, how can I ever assert myself as ruler when my time comes?"

Pilar took his complaint seriously and shook her head. "You are known as the greatest soldier in the islands, second only in experience to King Odar. That will discourage enemies and give us the peace to build our nation."

Macro marvelled at the young woman. "Pilar, if anyone had told me a half year ago that I would value your counsel, I would have laughed. You have come a long way, indeed."

Pilar blushed to that, and looked down like an adolescent girl. "I thank you for your appreciation, Macro. It gives me pleasure to be of help."

That night in bed, as Macro and his three wives settled down for sleep, Thesia spoke up. "Macro, we may have a problem."

"What problem, my Sweet," Macro yawned, already sleepy.

"There are two contenders for the remaining place in your heart and bed."

"Uh, what?" Macro blurted, surprised. "I don't even know of one contender."

Alana chuckled on his other side. "My dearest husband, have you no eyes in your head? Poor Livia adores you with all the fervency of an eighteen-year-old girl. Don't tell me that you have not noticed."

"But I haven't!" Macro protested. "I have three wives whom I love."

"Don't you like her?" Anais asked from behind Thesia.

"She is a sweet girl, well-behaved and bright," Macro conceded. "Of course I like her. What is not to like about her?"

"See? We like her too," Thesia sighed.

"So who is the second contender?" Macro asked.

"Pilar, of course," Anais said with emphasis. "Cannot you see how badly she wants to be recognised? Cannot you see her desire to please all of us? How she admires you? And how badly she chafes under her scarring? She is resigning to being a spinster, and it tears her up inside."

Macro could feel Alana nodding in support with every sentence. Thesia was strangely impassive, though.

"Thesia, do you agree?"

She looked at him with her green eyes full of doubt. "She is my sister, and I wish only the best for her. And the best for her would be you. Still, the thought of sharing this bed with my sister, to witness her with you, is very weird for me."

Macro sighed. "We should put this before my mother when she returns. I agree that both Livia and Pilar would fit well with us..."

"They're both blonde," Alana quipped, and Macro reached back to give her a swat on her royal backside.

"As I was saying when interrupted by our ill-mannered sprig of royalty, they would both fit well, and there are good reasons to include either of them. Livia is the daughter of my father's oldest and most trusted vassal, and Pilar is a born organiser and supremely smart. But then, we do not know Livia that well, and Pilar may not want to be second or rather fourth to her younger sister."

"You presented the dilemma concisely," Thesia nodded. "Apart from my own misgivings, she may indeed be hesitant, both for the reason you stated and because she might suspect pity as your motive."

Alana snapped her fingers. "Pilar may indeed resent being a fourth wife, but what if she could be First? First Royal Concubine, that is. I know, you did not want such a position in your future court, Macro, because it smacks of slavery, but it was the position your mother proudly held. And look how powerful she was!"

"I don't know," Macro temporised.

Anais picked up on Alana's idea. "In Nipom, the Emperor's Head Concubine is rivalled in power only by the Chief Minister. It is a very honourable position. It would also fit the structures your mother built up."

Thesia looked doubtful.

"She'd still share this bed with us. I know, there is no difference between sharing it with you and sharing it with Pilar; I just ... Oh well, perhaps I am just too uptight."

"It could be a problem for Pilar too," Alana said. "Have you never shared a bed, you and Pilar? I always thought that was common."

Thesia sighed again. "Yes, we did. We had to, and in the last years we both hated it. Pilar was two years older, and I was always the little sister and my mother's favourite. We got along fine when we were both younger. We cuddled and tickled each other, and Pilar told me naughty tales."

"Oooh, I would like that," Alana giggled.

Thesia snorted. "As if there is anything she could tell that you haven't tried yet!"

"I wouldn't mind cuddling with Silver Willow," Anais stated, causing stunned silence. "What? She is like an elf, as unlike myself as a woman can get, maybe except Thesia."

"Ooh, Anais, you are deliciously wicked!" Alana said approvingly. "I would not push her away either. Macro, just think of another pint-sized wench riding your pole!"

"Hrhm! I'll think of nothing of this sort. I am quite happy with one pint-sized wench."

Thesia pressed his hands with affection. "Can we please table this discussion? This is something I need to get my head around, and I'm not yet sure how. What about Livia then?"

"The same," Macro said with finality. "We would have to get her father's approval as well as Odar's blessing. Let us sleep."

As it turned out, sleep was a while away. All three of his wives were sizzling with arousal, even Thesia, and Macro had his hands full for more than an hour. It was past midnight when he fell asleep, a sated and blissfully smiling Thesia still impaled on his shrinking member.

During the days to follow, Macro felt self-conscious around Pilar and Livia, but he watched both during their meals and tried to discover how he felt about them. Livia was a pleasant girl, raised in a sheltered environment, and without many "practical" skills. Macro suspected that the late Duchess had groomed her daughter for the role of a wife to a nobleman, with no responsibilities. Sharing that thought with Alana, his second wife had dryly commented that this was not unlike her own upbringing, up to the fateful day of her "accident". Macro was surprised at the remark, but he saw the truth behind it. Had it not been for her "disfigurement" and her subsequent withdrawal, Alana would have been very much alike the shy Livia in her skill set.

Pilar presented even greater problems for Macro. Firstly, he knew about Thesia's reservations and he could relate to them. After all, he would not be comfortable with Lamas in his bed and mounting any of his wives. Secondly, he became acutely aware of the attraction he felt for the silver-haired girl. Her physical beauty played only a little part in this. It was her striving personality, her eagerness to perform to the best of her abilities, that made Pilar a kindred soul to Macro.

Nevertheless, he decided to shelve any decision until Odar's return. Instead, he turned his full attention to his duties as regent. Odar had given Macro full powers, including the right to replace officials. Many of the men serving under Odar had become stuck in their ways, but the King was reluctant to replace them out of sentimental feelings. Macro, aided by Regula and Pilar, went over the lists of responsibilities and evaluated the officials' continued performance. They found many of them wanting.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.