The Tales of Tanitsar - Cover

The Tales of Tanitsar

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Chapter 1: The Happy Return

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 1: The Happy Return - This is the story of Macro, Prince and heir to the throne of Tanitsar, and how he ended slavery in his homeland. It is also the story of Thesia, a slave girl who becomes the linchpin for the unfolding events, of Alana, a lonely, unhappy princess who has to hide her disfigured face, of Anais, a freed slave and tactical genius, and of Pilar, Thesia's sister and rival, who is desperate to show her mettle. My first attempt at Fantasy.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Harem   First   Oral Sex  

"Well, Macro, what do you think? Happy to be home again?"

Over the ship's prows, Macro could make out the silhouette of his hometown Tanitsar. The abandoned Great Temple still dominated the city but the New Palace rivalled it both for size and for beauty.

The house in which he lived with his mother and brother was just underneath the Palace, a stone's throw away so to speak, which was convenient since his mother was the First Royal Concubine and spent her days running the Royal Household. She had risen from pleasure slave, through favourite plaything of the King, to being the de facto chief administrator of the palace. Although King Odar had his full contingent of four wives, Javila, Macro's mother, ruled supreme in his heart.

Macro and his brother Lamas had been sired by the King and were his acknowledged natural sons. This fact explained why the young man, at only 24 years of age, already commanded the Royal Archers.

His companion and equal in rank, Ronan, was over forty years old by contrast and in command of the Lancers. Yet they had grown to be friends during the arduous campaign that lay behind them. They respected each other as Macro recognised his friend's superior experience and stout courage while Ronan respected the diligence and valour of the young man who could lead an easy life in luxury, but who put duty above comfort.

It was true that Macro had reasons for being ambitious. Not one of the King's wives had as yet born a male heir, and there was very little hope that they would. The King's younger brother had perished on the seas leaving Macro as one possible successor. As against that, he was a slave's son and the nobles would not easily accept him. Especially since King Odar himself had not succeeded to the throne by inheritance but by overturning his inept predecessor. Military fame would not hurt Macro's ambitions.

He turned to Ronan, finally ready to answer the question. "It's been almost a year. I'm not sure how I will fit into civilian life now."

Ronan nodded. "That's always difficult, but I'm looking forward to seeing my family. Why don't you come by one of the next evenings, so you'll get to know them?"

"I thought you said that you were unmarried?"

"Uh ... yes, I am. I have a concubine though to whom I'm close, and a daughter from her. I was never wealthy enough to find a real wife, and to be honest, I am fond of Teichi and Anais."

"I'd love to come but only if you promise to return the compliment."

"I will, but frankly, your mother intimidates me greatly. They say she has the King's ear, even more so than any of the Queens."

Macro smiled. It was true that Javila was one of the few people to whom the King turned for advice, but in the end he usually followed his own counsel.

"People make more of it than there is," he answered casually. "She speaks her mind, true, but the King is not swayed easily in his decisions, not by anybody."

As the ships drew closer to the harbour, Macro and Ronan could see the black tunics of the Royal Guard lining the street close to the quay. This was tradition. Whenever troops landed in the capital, the Guard was there and made sure they moved on to their garrisons outside of the city, even more so if the troops returned victorious from a war.

In a difficult campaign, Macro and Ronan had vanquished a large force of freebooters in their stronghold on Tabar, the third-largest island under King Odar's rule. Two expedition forces before them had failed, for the freebooters were fearless fighters and well organised. In the end, the tenacity of Ronan and the tactical genius of young Macro had prevailed, and they brought along almost two-hundred surviving pirates as proof of their success, the pirate chief among them.

They transported over one hundred slaves in their holds. Some of these were stolen from their rightful owners, while others had been turned into slaves by the pirates. The latter ones would be reunited with their families. This would not always be a joyous affair, for the women and girls – and the younger boys too – had been used for pleasure by the freebooters.

Tanitsar still relied heavily on slaves for its economy. King Odar, loathing the entire concept of slavery, had taken cautious steps away from this barbaric practice but he had to tread lightly, for the merchants and mine owners were staunch defenders of the old ways. He had, however, banished the enslavement of free citizens of Tanitsar.

This would not change the fate of the captive pirates. They would be accepted with joy by the slave traders. The proceeds from their sale would make the returning soldiers wealthy. The two commanding officers alone would share in three-eighths of the earnings, a quarter was reserved for the subaltern officers, one-eighth would go to the non-commissioned leaders, and one quarter would be distributed among the common soldiery.

Added to this loot would be the finders' fees for the returned slaves, and the expected gratuities from the families of those returned from captivity. Macro expected at least twenty-thousand Tanitsar Guilders, a veritable fortune.

Now the ship approached the quay. Looking aft, Macro saw the other six ships in line and ready to come alongside as well. With a screech and a bump, the ship made contact with the wooden landing. Seconds later, lines secured the ship fore and aft and a gangway was lowered.

The two commanders crossed the narrow strip of water. Behind them, officers and soldiers assembled on the decks of the ships, ready to disembark. Macro and Ronan walked forward to meet the Commander of the Guards. They saluted the man, Gareth by name, who was in charge of the King's safety.

"Commanders Ronan and Macro of the Royal Lancers and the Royal Archers. Permission to land our men?"

"Permission granted," Gareth answered formally before his face broke into a friendly smile. "Welcome, you two! The King awaits you."

"Right away?" Macro asked.

"Right away! I'll see to it that your men are shown to their temporary quarters outside the walls. I shall post guards on the ships to keep watch over your prisoners."

"Thank you, Commander Gareth," Macro answered. "Let us go, Ronan!"

It took just ten minutes of brisk walking to reach the New Palace. The Herald knew Macro, of course, and Macro introduced Ronan.

"Commanders Ronan and Macro, Your Majesty," the man announced as he ushered them into the small audience chamber. King Odar was not a whale for ceremony. He had been a military field commander before he unseated the mad King Lorsa twenty-five years ago. He still had no use for the elaborate court ceremonies which had been the hallmark of the former royal house of Clonal. Macro found his father sitting at a wooden desk that was filled with scrolls and bound books.

"Step closer, Commanders!" he bid them in his usual gruff voice that still conveyed his respect and sympathy. "I've just been over your report again. It does you credit, both of you.

"Commander Ronan, I understand that you want some leisure after your long service for me?"

"My King, I'm not getting younger. I want to spend some time with my family. I mean, I have a daughter by my concubine."

"Tell me about it!" the King grumbled, but he grinned at Macro with affection. "So be it, my friend. But I will not let you go completely. I want you to take over the Academy. Work those boys and girls hard, teach them how to survive and win honour. Will you do that?"

"I am most grateful, Your Majesty!" Ronan beamed.

The post at the academy would allow him to have a normal life near the capital, and yet he would draw a substantial pay.

"Ah, Cup Bearer! Where have you been? Bring some of that wine we got in last week from Hanilei! And glasses!"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.