The Volunteer
Chapter 1: Happy Birthday to Nate

Copyright© 2012 by nakdsub

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1: Happy Birthday to Nate - The husband of Terri's best friend has always fantasized about having a threesome with his wife and another woman. Angie, his wife, decides it would make the perfect birthday present for him. When Terri volunteers to be the second woman her husband is outraged and leaves her. Can they get back together? Will he ever be able to trust his wife again. The pain runs deep, tears are shed, schemes are hatched, therapy is ordered, and it all leads up to a happy ending.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Cheating   Rough   Light Bond   Interracial  

Terri was looking out the kitchen window rehearsing her little speech over and over. Her mind was so preoccupied she failed to notice the cold north wind that kicked up blowing hard against the trees, or the ominous dark clouds rolling in right behind it. If she had, maybe she would have taken them as an omen of things to come and changed her mind before it was too late.

Right now, changing her mind was the last thing she intended to do. This was an opportunity to realize a fantasy she'd been having for the last four years and she was determined to go through with it. All she had to do was smooth it over with her loving husband.

To say she wasn't nervous would have been a lie. She was expecting an argument but she was also fairly confident she would be able to reason with him. He loved her, was devoted to her, once he saw how important this was to her, he wouldn't like it, but he would agree to it, she just knew he would.

Everything was all set. Her husband's favorite dinner was in the oven, his favorite wine had just been opened to allow it to breathe a little, and her overnight bag was packed and out of the way in the hall closet.

For the last two weeks she had been giving him more sex than he'd had in the last six months. How could he refuse her, after all, she made a promise to her best friend, she's not going to ruin the surprise.

Terri felt her pulse quicken as she heard the garage door open and close.

"Hey, babe," her husband greeted her with a smile.

"Well, for having to work on a Saturday you're sure in a good mood," she said throwing her arms around his neck and giving him a big kiss.

"Yup," he said cheerfully, "and just to show you what a great mood I'm in, and how much I love you, I made reservations at Ivanhoe's for tomorrow night."

This is good, she thought, even if he's pissed a nice romantic dinner, some dancing, then a night of hot sex will calm him right down. She just hoped she'd be able to accommodate him. From what her friend said, between his size and his aggressiveness, her pussy might be too sore to have sex with her husband Sunday night, if so she'd just have to give him one hell-of-a blow job. Right now, she thought to herself, she'll serve him his favorite dinner, get a couple glasses of wine in him, then spring it on him.

"Oh honey that's wonderful," she said still with her arms around his neck and giving him a second kiss, "thank you. It's been a long time since we've gone out dancing, it'll be so much fun, I can't wait. And tonight" she said glancing over her shoulder at the oven, "I cooked your favorite meal. Why don't you go and change out of that stuffy suit and it'll be dished up by the time you come back down."

"Ummm, it smells delicious," he said tasting his wife's lips one more time. "I'll be right back." He headed up the stairs feeling like a young man again.

Brad enjoyed his dinner so much he hadn't even noticed his wife's nervousness or the lack of conversation from her. He sat back, put a big grin on his face, and with his second glass of wine in hand, complimented his host on her great cooking.

"Thank you, honey," she replied, "I'm glad you enjoyed it." Time was getting short. She would have to leave in just a little bit, so she thought, it's now or never.

"Honey, what time is our reservation tomorrow night?"

"Well, I made it early, five o'clock. Since we both have to be at work Monday morning, I figured that way we can relax, enjoy our meal and still have time for some fun on the dance floor afterward. Who knows, we might even make it home in time for a little dancing under the sheets," he said with grin.

"Mmmm," she hummed seductively, "sounds perfect, honey. Ah, I have to go out tonight though, and I'll be out all night, so I'm going to take my little black cocktail dress with me and I'll meet you there tomorrow at five, okay?"

"Meet me there, what are you talking about? What do you mean you're going to be gone all night? Where are you going?"

Now Brad was starting to recognize his wife's demeanor. He saw her hand shaking slightly as she took a sip of coffee and her voice cracked as if under a strain, "Ah, well you know my friend Angie that I work with?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course, she was the one we sat with at last year's Christmas party, right? Her husband is black, ah, Nate I believe his name is."

"That's right; Well, it's Nate's thirty-fifth birthday tonight."

"You mean you're going to a birthday party without me? Why am I not invited?"

"Well, it's not exactly a party, honey. Nate's fantasy has always been to have two women in bed with him at the same time. Angie's been talking about arranging it for his birthday, but she didn't know who she could ask to be the other woman. She needed someone she could trust."

"Okay. You still haven't said where you're going to be all night, or explained why you'd have to meet me at the restaurant," he said warily.

"Well ... now, don't blow a gasket, but I volunteered."

"Volunteered? What do you mean, volunteered, for what?" She couldn't possibly mean what he thought she meant.

"You know, to be the other woman, I'm going over there tonight and Angie and I are going to give Nate his birthday present."

"WHAT?" Brad's voice rose greatly in volume, "Like hell you are. Are you NUTS? You think I'm going to let you go have sex with another man, I can't believe this! This is a joke, right? You're not really serious, you can't be."

"It's no joke, Brad. It's only for tonight then I'll meet you at Ivanhoe's tomorrow for dinner. Angie's my best friend. She was desperate, she needed someone and I promised her I would do it."

Brad's heart felt like it was in his throat. He could feel every beat pounding with anxiety.

"I see," he said angrily, "and what about the promise you made to me on our wedding day, you know, to forsake all others, what about that promise?"

"Come on, Brad, it's not like I'm cheating on you. I'm not going behind your back and having an affair. This is only for one night and it'll never happen again. You're my husband, I love you. This is just a favor for a friend, that's all."

She could see by his face her argument wasn't working so she decided to switch gears and appeal to his loving nature.

"Brad, please, this is very important to me, honey. You know what a good friend Angie is and I really want to do this for her and Nate, come on, please," she cooed. Figuring she now had him in the palm of her hand; she wrapped her arms around his neck and gazed into his eyes with the same sultry look she always used to get her way.

"Important, huh;" Terri nodded her head assuming he was about to give in. "Is it more important than our marriage?" he asked raising his voice again. "Is she a better friend than I am? Hell, I don't even know why we're discussing this, Terri; the answer is no, you're not going anywhere tonight."

Terri was disappointed; he didn't seem to be bending at all. She had her heart set on tonight and she wasn't about to back down; "I'm sorry, Brad, but that's not an option. It's too late for Angie to get someone else and I'm not going to ruin Nate's birthday."

"How long have you known about this?"

"What difference does that make?"

"HOW LONG?"

"I wish you would stop yelling at me; a couple of weeks. I didn't want to tell you sooner because I didn't want to fight about it and have you moping around the house for two weeks."

"Two weeks, oh I get it now, that's what all the sex was about. Silly me, I thought you were just showing me how much you loved me, but instead you were trying to butter me up so I'd let you go and have sex with another man."

"No, that was not the reason; tonight has nothing to do with the fact that I love you. I just wanted to show you how much I love you, and also that you have nothing to worry about. Look, like I said, it's too late to back out now anyway, it would ruin his birthday."

"I see, we can't ruin old Nate's birthday, you'd rather ruin our marriage, because that's what you're doing, Terri. I never thought I had to worry about infidelity with you but I guess I was wrong. If you do this our marriage is over."

"Oh don't be so melodramatic, for Pete's sake, Brad; you know damn well you don't mean that. We've been married fourteen years. I love you and you love me. Why don't you call one of your buddies tonight and go out for a couple of beers to cool off; just be careful driving home."

She glanced at the clock on the fireplace mantle. "Listen, honey, I'm sorry, I was hoping to make you understand how important this is to me before I left, but I have to get going or I'll be late. Please try to understand, Brad; I'm only doing a favor for a friend. I'm your wife, you're my husband, I love you and I always will."

She ran up stairs and grabbed her cocktail dress bringing it down on the hanger. She grabbed her overnight bag from the closet and stopped by the door. Brad was across the room, too far away for her to see the tears in his eyes. "Do I get a kiss?" she asked. Brad just stood there, not moving. "Okay, fine, be that way. I'll meet you at five o'clock tomorrow night at Ivanhoe's. We'll have a nice romantic dinner, do some dancing, and when we get home, I'll fuck your brains out. Until then, please try to cool off, honey, I don't want a grumpy husband tomorrow night. I want to have some fun. This is no big deal, honey, believe me."

Brad watched as his wife hung her dress up in the back of the car so it wouldn't get wrinkled and tossed her overnight case on the passenger seat. She looked at him standing inside the door and smiled, blowing him a kiss. "I love you," she shouted as she started the car. "I'll see you tomorrow night," she yelled while backing out of the drive. She tooted the horn as he stared at her tail lights disappearing down the street.

Brad flopped down in a chair staring straight ahead as if in shock. He saw nothing and heard even less. He found it hard to breathe as he sat motionless, not believing his wife of fourteen years could have so little respect, not only for his feelings, but for him in general. All he ever did was give her everything she ever wanted, including his undying love. Brad started to sob as he considered his marriage now terminated.

It was over an hour's drive to Nate and Angie's house. Terri wondered how her friend could make the drive every day back and forth to work. The long trip gave her time to think about the argument she just had with Brad. He had always been so amiable in the past, she really believed, once he saw she had her heart set on this, that he would reluctantly agree. Damn, she thought to herself, maybe I should go back. No, damn it! She promised ... she'll make it up to him tomorrow night; then of course there's the other thing, the second reason, the one she didn't tell Brad about. The reason that had her so conflicted; she felt terribly guilty every time she thought about it, but if she was going to be honest with herself, it was the real reason she wanted to do this.

Yes, it was true about Nate's birthday wish, but for four years now she had been listening to Angie brag about her husband's prowess in the bedroom, how big he was, how aggressive he was, and how much stamina he had; he didn't make love to his wife, he "took" her.

She fantasized about Brad using the same kind of forcefulness in the bedroom, but he was more loving, gentle, more caring. In fact, he was a great lover, she had no complaints; but once, just once she wanted to experience a real fucking and this was the chance of a lifetime. It was a one time deal, no strings attached, no sneaking around behind anyone's back, everything was out in the open, her husband knew, Nate's wife would even be part of the action, and she would get to see what it felt like to be pounded into submission by a big cock; it was simply too good of an opportunity to pass up.

She took a deep breath as she finally pulled into their drive. One last pang of guilt flashed through her as she thought about Brad. I wish he had been able to see this from my point of view, she cursed silently to herself. She was a little worried about his attitude, but she was unwavering as to not let it ruin her fun.

Nate seemed a little embarrassed when he and Angie met her at the door. "Here, let me get that for you," he said taking her bag. He kissed her on the cheek with a sheepish grin. They sat in the living room with some wine and talked a little to relax.

"How did Brad take it when you told him what you were going to do?" asked Angie.

"Well, he wasn't real pleased but he'll be okay," Terri answered.

"I thought you told me he was okay with it," Angie said. "Listen, I don't want this to wreck your marriage or cause any problems. If you're not sure we can call this off."

"Absolutely," Nate interjected, "the only way I'll agree to this is if everyone involved is okay with it."

"He's okay with it," she lied, "I've been giving him so much sex lately, he's just a little disappointed he won't be getting any tonight, that's all. He's fine. He's taking me out for dinner and dancing at Ivanhoe's tomorrow night. I have my dress in the car. I'll get all cleaned up here and meet him there. By the time I get done with him tomorrow night in bed he'll be begging me to do this again next year," she joked.

"Well, if you're sure," Angie said cautiously, I just don't want you coming back to me later saying I screwed up your marriage."

"No, don't be silly, everything is fine."

"Okay," said Angie, "as long as Brad is alright with what you're doing."

To get the ball rolling, Nate got up and refilled everyone's glass, then turned the conversation to sex. He complimented Terri on how beautiful and sensuous she was. She closed her eyes as he unbuttoned her blouse and lightly ran his hand across her braless breasts. She could feel his hot breath as he parted her lips and tousled her tongue with his own.

Terri was a little surprised when Angie sat beside her and kissed her on the cheek while rubbing her hand up and down Terri's thigh; eventually pushing her skirt higher and higher until she could reach Terri's wet panties. "Umm," cooed Angie, "somebody is anxious to get going. Come on," she said, "let's go to bed."

All three kissed, and touched, and caressed one another while removing their clothes. Terri was a little disappointed when she saw Nate's cock. Yes, it was bigger than her husbands, but not by much. The way Angie described it she expected it to reach his knees. Still, she was looking forward to getting thoroughly fucked with it anyway. She couldn't wait to feel him driving it savagely into her pussy over and over again. She wondered how many times he would fuck her from one explosive orgasm to another.

Once they were on the bed Terri wasted no time. She crawled between his legs and sucked his semi-hard tool into her mouth. Angie straddled his face and ran her fingers in Terri's hair as Nate's tongue worked hard on his wife's clit.

Nate's cock got hard as steel but just before Terri was about to go for the ride of her life, Angie told her to change places. Again, disappointed but not dejected, Terri climbed up and took pleasure with Nate's oral talents while Angie rode his cock to ecstasy.

Terri could feel Nate's body stiffen then spasm as he shot load after load of cum into his wife's climaxing body. Terri felt herself shudder with a small climax as well. She was beginning to wonder if she made a big mistake as she rolled off of Nate and laid next to him on her back. As everyone's breathing started to return to normal, Nate sat on Terri's chest pushing his cock in her mouth again. Her eyes widened with surprise as she felt Angie's tongue exploring the folds of her vagina. She would have said something but it was kind of difficult with Nate's cock down her throat.

Work as she did, Angie was unable to give her friend an orgasm before Nate came again, this time filling Terri's throat with his hot seed. Terri waited until everyone was rested again but she was becoming quite disillusioned and had to ask, "Nate, when are you going to stick that thing in my pussy?"

"Ah, well, to tell you the truth, Terri, I don't really feel comfortable doing that. I know you and Angie want to give me my fantasy but I just couldn't fuck a married woman. I figured we would do each other orally, but any real fucking will have to be between Angie and me."

Well this certainly wasn't turning out the way she had expected. They were her friends and she didn't want to seem pissed off but she couldn't hide her disappointment.

"I'm sorry," Angie said. "He didn't tell me how he felt until just before you got here. I promise, though, we'll make it worth your while." Terri smiled but she really regretted this whole thing now.

As the night wore on Terri was able to climax a few times but she would have much preferred making love to her husband. Boy, she thought, is she going to show him how much she appreciates him from now on. She is going to be the most loving wife a man could ever want.

Angie wasn't lying about one thing, Nate sure did have stamina. He finally ran out of stream a little after three in the morning. Unfortunately for her, the only stamina Terri had to be concern with was his tongue.

They all slept until after noon when Angie finally got up and made a late breakfast for everyone. After that, they all sat around and visited for a while until it came time for Terri to get ready for her date with Brad. She got her dress from the car and took her time getting showered and putting on her make up. She wanted to look nice for her husband.

"Wow!" Nate exclaimed, "Your husband is a lucky man."

She smiled and said thank you. Angie apologized again and said she hoped Terri had fun at least. Terri didn't want to show her gross disappointment and assured her friend she had a good time.

Once in the car it was as if her entire body and soul was immediately permeated with guilt. She cursed to herself, damn, what was I thinking. Then fear set in. I sure hope he's not too upset, she thought. Gad, how could I have been so stupid, she told herself as she anxiously drove to the restaurant.

"Excuse me," she addressed the maitre'd, "My husband made reservations for dinner under the name of Bradley Gilliston, could you tell me if he's arrived yet, please?"

He went down his list of reservations. "I'm sorry ma'am, I don't see ... Oh wait," he said, "here he is but that reservation was cancelled ma'am. Your husband called and cancelled it earlier today."

"Cancelled?" she asked, "No you must be mistaken. Why would he cancel, he knew how much I was looking forward to this. I'm sure there's been a mistake, I'm going to go to the bar and see if he's there."

"Yes, Ma'am," replied the maitre'd. Several guys sitting alone in the lounge watched as she stepped inside and looked around.

"Pardon me," said one of the self-appointed lady's men as he sauntered up to her, "You don't have to look any more, I'm right here," he said with disgusting smirk.

Terri was not in the mood. "Go fuck yourself," she said curtly. The man held up his hands in a mock defensive position and walked away calling her something under his breath. She didn't hear what he said and she didn't care.

She took her phone from her purse and tried Brad's cell but it went right to voicemail. She tried the house phone next. It just rang several times before the answering machine kicked in. He must be on his way, she thought, as she dialed his cell again, and this time left a message. "Honey, where are you? It's five o'clock. I'm at Ivanhoe's waiting for you. They lost your reservation so I'll be in the bar when you get here. Please hurry, darling, I love you and miss you."

She was getting more worried as she hoisted herself onto a bar stool and ordered a Bloody Mary. Could he still be that pissed off that he cancelled the reservation for tonight, she wondered. I'll have one drink, she thought, if he's not here by the time I'm done I'll just go home and rip his clothes off. She laughed quietly to herself; I sure don't have to worry about my pussy being too sore for tonight.

Terri's anxiety grew as the minutes ticked by without being joined by her loving man. She didn't bother finishing her drink; she threw a five on the bar and headed for the door. By the time she pulled into her drive anxiety had turn to downright fear. It was dark enough that there should be lights on but the house stood dark.

She rushed to the front door and fumbled with the key trying too hard to get it unlocked quickly. She burst in the house calling Brad's name but was met with an eerie silence. It was chilling and seemed to wrap around her soul like a wet blanket. She ran upstairs to the bedroom to see if he had fallen to sleep but their bed was empty. She ran back down stairs and rushed from room to room calling his name. Never before had her home seemed so lonely.

She took out her phone and dialed his number, but again, had to leave a message. This time the panic in her voice was extremely evident. "Brad, Brad, please call me. When you didn't come to the restaurant I came home. Please, honey, please don't torture me like this, tell me where you are; tell me what's going on. If you're that mad at me, please come home so we can talk. I'll make it up to you, I promise. I'm sorry, honey, I shouldn't have gone, I know that. Please call me!"

She felt so alone, lost in her own home. All she could do now was wait and hope he called back soon. She was still in her sexy cocktail dress but she wasn't feeling very sexy at the moment so she headed up to the bedroom to change clothes. As the slinky dress dropped to her feet her eye was drawn to something on the dresser. There it was, sitting all by itself, a band of gold, the same band of gold she slipped on her husband's finger over fourteen years ago. Suddenly his words hit her like a ton of bricks, "If you do this our marriage is over." At the time she dismissed it as an empty threat. As if in a trance, she slowly sat down on the edge of the bed; with her eyes still fixed on his ring, she just sat there in a daze, absorbed by the reality of the trouble she caused.

It was only by sheer luck that she even heard the phone ringing. She felt light headed as she scrambled to answer it. "Hello, hello, Brad, is it you, please answer me, please."

She heard his voice on the other end. "Is it true?"

"Oh dear God it is you. I've been so worried, honey where are you? Why didn't you meet me at the restaurant? Oh God, honey, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have gone; I'm sorry. When will you be home?"

"Is it true?"

"Is what true, honey?"

"That once you go black you never go back."

"Oh God, honey, is that what you're worried about? No! No, emphatically no, honey. I'm back and I want you, only you, my darling, please come home."

"I'm sorry, Terri, I can't do that."

"Oh God, Brad, please, please come home. I promise never to do anything like that ever again, I swear."

"You don't have to do it ever again, Terri, you've already done it. I hope you had a good time, because I simply sat and cried all night. I cried until I couldn't cry any longer. I pictured you in my mind with your arms around his neck, looking into his eyes as he fucked you and sent you into another orgasm. I've never felt so betrayed or hurt in my entire life. You have crushed my heart, Terri, and I don't see any way possible of putting it back together."

"Oh my God, honey, I..."

"Please, don't interrupt me. I have to get this off my chest or I'll explode. This is not the kind of thing I can forget ... or forgive. I told you before you left you would ruin our marriage but you didn't care. You left me standing in our living room so you could go make love to another man ... as a favor you said, but I don't believe you would put a simple favor to a friend above our wedding vows."

Brad took a deep breath, "I expect it was more than just a favor. You wanted him, Terri. You wanted him inside of you; you wanted to experience another man and you were willing to sacrifice our marriage to have him. Well, congratulations, Terri, that's just what you did, sacrificed our marriage to fuck another man. I sure hope it was worth it. I'd hate to think you threw away fourteen years of marriage for something that wasn't worth it."

"Please don't try to contact me at work; I will not take your calls. At this point there isn't much more to say. I wish you well, my honey..." his voice started breaking up with emotion as he continued, "I will always love you, but I can not live with what you did to us. Good-bye."

"Brad!" she yelled into the phone, "Brad, wait, please don't hang up I have to talk to you, Brad?" she pleaded but the line was dead. She hit the call back button but it went to voice mail again.

Now it was Terri's turn to cry. She leaned against the wall as her legs turned to rubber and simply slid down till she hit the floor. She felt weighed down with grief, unable to stand back up if she wanted to. "I'm sorry, Brad," she sobbed to an empty room, "I'm so very, very sorry. Oh God, please help me, I can't lose him, I can't," she blubbered as she fell forward sprawling face down across the floor crying hysterically. Finally, from sheer exhaustion, Terri fell asleep on the bedroom room carpet.

The next day, for the first time in the four years she had been employed, Terri called in sick. It wasn't a lie; Terri was sick with misery and sure in no condition to work. All day she wandered around the empty house in a daze. This simply can't be what the rest of her life will be like, she thought. She tried looking ahead, would she find another man who loved her like Brad? No! There was not a chance in hell of that happening, she knew it. Brad was one in a million. She knew he was the guy for her from the moment she first laid eyes on him at that high school dance. My God, she scorned herself, how could I have been so stupid?

Somehow, she wasn't quite sure how, but Terri did manage to make it to work the next day. She really didn't want be there. Not only was she having a hard time focusing on any one thing, but she didn't want to face her friend. She had lied to both Angie and Nate. They were adamant that she clear it with Brad before agreeing to be Nate's second woman. They told her up front they didn't want to be responsible for any problems with her marriage because of his birthday present.

With one stupid, selfish act, she realized, she let down and hurt the people who meant the most to her and who trusted her the greatest. On the way in she had to walk right past Angie's desk to get to her own; she prayed Angie wouldn't be sitting there, but no such luck.

"Well good morning, sunshine, how are you feeling?" beamed Angie. Terri looked at her friend. "Oh, jeez, you really were sick, weren't you? Sorry, I just thought maybe we wore you out Saturday, but you look like hell. Are you okay?"

"Yeah," said Terri in a weak voice, "I think I just had a bug or something yesterday, I'm okay now," she said trying to hurry past her friend and get to her own desk.

Through the morning Terri managed her work the best she could. Angie caught glimpses of her daydreaming from time to time though, and knew she wasn't herself. As lunch hour approached Angie made sure she caught up with Terri before she left the building.

"Hey, Terri, come on, let's go have lunch."

"Ah, I don't think I could eat anything, I'm still a little queasy from yesterday, Angie, but you go ahead," she said not wanting to have to face her friend for a full hour.

"What's going on, Terri? Something's wrong but you're not sick, it's something else; now what is it?"

Terri looked her friend in the face; her eyes started to swell with moisture again. "He left me," she said, "Brad walked out on me."

"Left you, why? Not because of Saturday night? Terri nodded her head. "But you said he was okay with it," Angie's voice was rising in volume.

"I know," Terri said wiping a tear from her eye with a tissue, "We actually had a pretty bad fight before I came over. I didn't want to disappoint you and Nate so I lied."

"Disappoint us? Oh no you don't, you're not blaming us for this; we told you several times we didn't want to do anything if it wasn't okay with Brad. Damn it! This is just what we didn't want to happen. Nate was afraid of something like this and didn't even want to go ahead but I convinced him everything would be alright. Shit!"

"I'm sorry, Angie," Terri was crying more now, "I ... I..."

"Okay, well you better tell me the whole story. Come on, let's go to lunch."

Over a tossed chicken salad, Terri spilled the beans. She told Angie she hadn't even discussed their rendezvous until just before leaving because she knew Brad would be pissed, although she really did believe she would be able to get him to agree, then her plan was to get out of there before he had a chance to think too much and change his mind. It didn't quite work out like she planned though.

By the time she was done explaining, Angie was seething. "How the hell could you do that to him? You've told me so many times what a great husband he is and this is the way you pay him back, by hurting him like that? What the hell is the matter with you?"

Terri broke out crying. She didn't care who was around to see her. Angie was her best friend and now she was angry with her too. "I know," she said between tears, "I shouldn't have done it. I ... I..."

"What? You what?"

"You'll be mad if I say what I was going to say," Terri said a little sheepishly.

"Honey, I'm already mad, you might as well say what you were going to say."

"I just wanted to see what it would be like," she said quietly. "You're always talking about how great Nate is in bed and ... well, Brad is a great lover but he's gentle. I wanted to see what it was like ... you know, like you always say, to have my body ravaged."

"Oh shit," said Angie, "I suppose some of this is my fault, at least a little bit anyway," she sighed.

"I want to tell him how sorry I am," blabbered Terri, "but he won't answer my calls or talk to me. What am I going to do, Angie, I can't lose him, I just can't."

Terri's sincere remorse was softening Angie's attitude a little. "I don't know what you're going to do, Terri; but calm down, we'll think of something. I'll tell you one thing though, it's going to take a hell of a lot more than just saying you're sorry to get him back."

"You mean you'll still be my friend?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm still your friend. I wouldn't count on Nate ever talking to you again though. I don't know what I'm going to tell him. He's going to go right through the roof when he hears about this. He's going to be pissed at me because I talked him into it, but he's really going to be pissed at you."

By the end of the day Terri felt a little better. Angie was not only still talking to her but actually said she would help her try to get Brad back.

"She WHAT?" Angie's face cringed as Nate's voice rose to ear shattering decibels.

"She lied, Brad didn't even know about it until just before she left," Angie told her husband.

"Great, that's just great! I knew it, damn it, didn't I tell you something like this was going to happen, huh, I knew it."

"I know, honey, I'm sorry, I just wanted to give you something special, something no one else could ever give you."

"I know, it's not your fault. I didn't mean to yell at you. It's just that ... damn it, I feel so guilty now. We should have called, you know it, damn it, no matter what Terri said, we should have called Brad ourselves and made sure everything was okay with him." Nate stood in the middle of the living room thinking. "I'll tell you one thing, I don't want you talking to that woman again, Angie. She's proven herself to be a liar and cannot be trusted. I don't want you having anything to do with her anymore."

"Ah, well, that might be a problem," Angie said self-consciously.

"Why?"

"Well, because I kind of promised I'd see what I could do to help her get Brad back. You should have seen her at lunch, Nate, she really and truly is very sorry for what she did and she loves Brad, he's her whole world."

Nate took a deep breath and let it back out with a sigh. "You've got a soft heart, you know that? Okay, keep her as a friend, but don't expect me to make up with her. I do wish you wouldn't get any more involved with her marriage problems either, I think we've already done enough in that department, don't you?"

"Well," she said cautiously, "since we are, at least partially the blame, don't you think we should do what we can to get them back together: besides it's a little more my fault than you know."

"Marvelous," Nate said sarcastically, "and how is that?"

"Well, I've been bragging about you, you know, how good you are in bed. I told Terri how aggressive you were and you always left me so satisfied..." Angie stopped and watched her husband who was standing there looking like he couldn't believe what she was saying.

"Well, we girls talk, what can I say, I'm proud of my man. Anyway, Terri says that Brad is great in bed, he's fairly well endowed I guess, and he always gets her off, but he's very gentle and loving. She said she would never want to give that up, but just once she wanted to experience ... well, you know, just once she wanted someone to fuck the shit out her and she saw this as being the one chance."

Nate chuckled, "And that didn't even happen. She must have been a lot more disappointed than she let on." He was looking down shaking his head from side to side. "Damn, what a mess. So what are we going to do? How are we supposed to get them back together?"

"I don't really know. He won't take her calls and I doubt if he'd take mine. She did say he probably stops off after work at this little bar he likes called Plato's Place and I wondered ... you know, if you could stop by sometime and see if you can talk to him."

"Me! I'm probably the last guy in the world he wants to talk to. Shit, does he carry a gun?" he asked halfheartedly.

"No, of course not," she replied, "at least I don't think so."

"And if I do see him, what am I supposed to say to him? Hey buddy, sorry for fucking your wife?"

"No, I don't know, guy stuff, you know. Apologize for one thing. Make it from you and me. Hell, you talk to people for a living, you'll come up with something."

When Angie walked into work the next morning Terri was already at her seat. She looked at Angie for a sign, she didn't know if Nate would still let them be friends or not.

Angie walked over and stood in front of her desk. "I don't suppose you talked to Brad last night?" Terri told her no. "Well Nate's agreed to talk to him if he runs into him but he's not happy about it."

Even though Angie was still talking to her and agreed to help with Brad, she could feel the strain on their relationship. She wondered if they would ever have the same kind of friendship they once had.

Somewhere in the background music was playing, from the juke box he supposed, but he really didn't care. The lighting was always dim at Plato's Place; that was one of the things Brad liked about it. Somehow it just seemed more conducive to being able to think, so that's what he was doing ... thinking. Unconsciously he moved his fingers up and down the half empty glass; his eyes focused like lasers on the scotch and water it contained, but his mind saw nothing, nothing but the image of his lovely wife as she walked out the door on her way to commit adultery.

Never, in fourteen years of marriage, had they spent six full nights apart ... not until now, and tonight would make seven. Gad how he missed her. Time heals all wounds, he thought, at least that what they say. Unfortunately it wasn't true in his case. In fact, with each day that passed the pain seemed to get stronger, go deeper, hurting even more now, if that was possible.

What did I do wrong, he wondered? I would have taken a bullet for that woman. I tried to give her everything she ever wanted. If it was humanly possible to get, I got it for her.

No sense kidding myself, he thought, it all boils down to the bedroom. Obviously she's no longer happy with my performance. Huh, I wonder if she ever was. Why didn't she say something? Maybe I could have worked on it somehow. No, instead, she goes to another man for satisfaction. Damn, if she had to do it I almost wish she had done it behind my back. He thought for a minute. No, no, I wouldn't want that either. I guess it's better this way, at least I know the score.

Brad felt the presence of someone sitting down on the stool next to him but wasn't paying any attention.

"Ah, bartender, let me have a lite beer and give my friend here another one of whatever that is, please."

Brad didn't even realize the man was talking about him until, Bob, the bartender, set another scotch and water in front of him. Brad turned to see who his benefactor was then immediately stood up and started walking toward the door.

"Brad, wait, please. Brad, if it means anything to you, there was no penetration, Brad, none," Nate said.

Brad stopped and turned to face his nemesis. "Why don't you say it a little louder so everyone can hear; I think the two guys in the back room missed it."

"Brad, please, sit down. No one knows what we're talking about. Hell, they probably think you and I are gay lovers after that," he said jokingly. Brad wasn't laughing. "Brad, both Angie and I thought you were cool with what we had planned, honest. If we thought for one minute, that it would cause a problem in your marriage we absolutely would have never gone through with it. Come on, please sit down, I feel like crap about what happened and I can only imagine how you feel."

Hesitantly Brad sat back down and took a small sip from his glass. "Look," Nate continued, "what I said is true. I really don't know if that means anything to you or not, I've never been in your shoes so I won't insult you by saying I know how you feel, I can't even guess how you must feel, but there was no intercourse between Terri and myself."

"Uh huh," said Brad indicating he wasn't buying it. "Okay, if there was no intercourse, what was there? She didn't go there just to wish you happy birthday."

"No, you're right. I won't lie to you, there was some oral sex exchanged between both of us, but that was it." Nate was on guard. He could feel the heat from Brad's anger and thought Brad might take a poke at him at any minute. He cautiously continued. "Look my wife, Angie, shares more than part of the blame in this thing. It wasn't just that she asked your wife about being part of my birthday present, she's been talking me up to Terri for as long as they've known each other. I had no idea until the other day when she confessed. She's been bragging about things, you know. I'm usually pretty aggressive in bed because I know that's how Angie likes it, so she's been filling Terri's head with all kinds of crap."

"So you're telling me my wife wanted to have sex with you because you're better than me in bed. If you're trying to make me feel better you're doing a crappy job of it."

"No, man, I'm not saying that at all, in fact Terri told my wife how damn good you are, no kidding. She said you were kind, and gentle, and loving, just the opposite of how Angie describes me. Terri got it in her head that, just once, she wanted to go at it like two dogs in heat, of course that didn't happen."

"So what am I supposed to do now, just let my wife go off and fuck some guy because she wants to?"

"No, of course not; look the bottom line here is she loves the hell out of you. This was a fluke, a one-time thing, a perfect storm type of scenario. Give her another chance, man."

"I'll think about it," Brad said in a surly voice. As he got up from his stool he threw a five on the bar. "Bob," he called out to the bartender, "here, I'll pay for my own damn drinks," and with those parting words, walked out leaving Nate sitting there.

"Damn," Nate said to the bartender, "that's one hard ass guy."

"I couldn't help but overhear a little of your conversation and I got to tell you, I'm surprised you're still sitting on that stool. Brad's been coming in here off and on for as long as I've been bartending, that's ten years now. I few years ago some guy twice his size make a derogatory remark about Brad's wife. I don't know if Brad worked with guy or what, but Brad cleaned the floor with the guy. It took three of us to pull him off the guy and get him calmed down. I don't think I ever saw a guy more in love with his wife than Brad, so based on what I heard; that man is hurting big time, really big time."

"Yep, I'm afraid you're right," said Nate getting up and paying for his beer, "some fucking birthday present," he mumbled to himself as he turned to leave.

Angie was anxiously waiting at home when Nate walked in that night. "Well ... did you see him, did you talk to him?"

"Yeah, I talked to him."

"So, how'd it go?"

"Not good, Angie; I don't know what went on or what was said between them, but he's hurting ... bad. I think he's probably going to divorce her to tell you the truth. I just don't see him going back to her, not with the pain he's carrying around."

"Oh, Nate, what did we do?" Angie asked sadly.

"I know, I feel like shit," he replied, "next year just give me a fucking tie, okay."

Angie started to break down in tears. Now Nate felt bad about what he said. He didn't mean to make her feel any worse than she already did. He walked over and apologized for his tie remark as he put his arms around her and gave her a kiss.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.