Junior's Samples. Part of the Stopwatch Series - Cover

Junior's Samples. Part of the Stopwatch Series

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 2

The President, on the first day of occupation, rose, obtained coffee, walked to the window, and threw back the curtains. He so wanted to observe his loyal subjects. The flag greeted him.

Coffee is hard on the nasal passages and the Secret Service was able to perceive that 'this ONE' was going to be just peachy to work for.

As soon as he was able, the Prez picked up the phone. "I want the head of whoever is responsible for that monstrosity on the flagpole outside my window. Get on with it!!!"

The slammed phone rang. "We don't do that, sir."

"And why not?" He spluttered, "I'm the ruler here and what I say goes ... do you hear me? The head ... detached ... on a silver platter ... put an apple in it's mouth." He broke into coughing hysterics.

The phone was speaking. "Sir ... Sir ... Mr. President ... Sir?"

"WHAT?!?"

"There isn't a flagpole outside your window."

"I'm looking at it!!!"

"We'll send someone to check."

"Do it now!!"

"Yes, Sir ... Sir?"

"Now what?"

"This is the kitchen ... Sir."

"WHAT?!!?"

"The kitchen ... what would you and the First Lady like for breakfast?"

By 10am, the Detail had removed the pole and flag. There was a huge investigation started by government to explain why there were no fingerprints on a flagpole that was sold in 1956 and never used. Naturally, it went to committee, where it was stalled until the next election.

By 10am, the phone call to the kitchen had ten million hits on You Tube and nearly one hundred million responses to the "Rant" facebook page. No one knew or, professed to know, who signed onto facebook as 'The Midnight Skulker.'

By 11am there were twenty thousand groups and individuals claiming responsibility for the 'flag incident.' None of the confessed parties were guilty.

By 12 noon, the Princessapality had sold 10 million authentic reproductions of her National Flag ... made in China. ('Living Color and only $129.95 for the flag, six foot pole and galvanized porch mount. (Some assembly required. Not suitable for children. Small parts included. Keep out of the reach of toddlers.) $29.95 for the Tee Shirt ... plus postage and handling.') The Call Center was inundated and the email server went down ... TWICE. David and the twins were very busy installing hard drives and memory.

"See, Junior? The invisibility function of the watch lets you do things you couldn't normally do."

"But Tim ... It took your watch to get us to DC ... mine won't do side travel." She smiled sweetly at him. "How about you take MY watch and give me yours."

"Junior!!"

"Take me to the Powers that Be and let them do it? Pwetty pwease ... with sugar and honey on it." In a voice that was suddenly that of a six year old, Junior begged, "I NEED it." All that was missing was 'Daddy.'


"Junior? What kind of a name is Junior?" The Seven Powers that Be spoke with seven voices but only one mind. Hollywood couldn't have done the effect better.

"It's Wendy."

"Why were you not introduced to us Wendy?"

"There's three of us ... the original Wendy,..."

"And she is?"

"Out in time ... I have no idea when."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.