No Strings - Cover

No Strings

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 4

We discussed many of Daddy's plans after we got back from Europe. The few times that we were all together in his home, were more like the Joint Chiefs in the 'War Room'.

The general consensus (no pun intended) was that whatever the response was, it would deal with the Agency and/or Washington D.C.

We knew that since the 1968 debacle and the CIA had been formed, that new faces had been introduced. Domestic actions were not expected from the Agency. Given the sixty-one known overt and covert organizations ... each had one or more compartmented sub-sets ... there was a lot that might happen.

The call went out to start vetting suspects and aligning allies. When things began happening would be too late to guess who was a friend. Daddy had been way ahead, on this.

There were about a hundred rules, laws, restrictions, and written orders, which prevented the CIA, Military and the sixty-one agencies from domestic actions. It seemed a politician's dream. Things just did not work that way. Life went on, based on two things: trust and friendships. That and a few (six) very select organizations that 'ruled the roost' ... sort of.

We had several theories of what was going on, and a few more on who might be behind things.

The most obvious was that the country was going to be invaded and that the leadership needed to be eliminated. Another was that a kidnap of some valuable asset would result in some kind of ransom attempt, or that a fanatical group would demand something from the USA. Although simple sabotage, breaches in security, and identity theft were also discussed.

If it was to be an invasion, only China seemed strong enough to try. Political or religious extremists might think that the CIA was spying on them and wanted to seize any information. Other countries with similar agendas were also considered. 'The Company' had screwed a lot of people in the last 35 years, some might just want revenge. The idea of a 'Rogue State' or even another 'Sister Agency' upset by the lack of funding was considered.

We had no real or 'for certain' response that we prepared for, but our gut feel was that a Friday, a Monday, or before a Holiday would be when things would happen. What was not expected was that Daddy would be the target.

Guards around his office and conference rooms had been increased anyway, security codes and passes changed, and several modifications to the office made. One dealt with secure communications. Another isolated the entire executive office areas, including mine and the girls. Daddy's was active 24/7 whenever he was in.

In almost all but a few exceptions, the drop ceiling was the 'weak link'. Daddy had fixed that in his office. It was that last change that proved to be our 'saving grace.'

At 09:57 on a Friday morning an alarm sounded. In fact, at 09:57:22 a second, special alarm started sounding in the office. The proverbial 'excrement' had hit the 'rotating cooling device.'

All doors, vaults, window drops, gates, access points and anything that allowed access to the complex, was now secured. Imagine what would be involved with securing 125,000 people in a 73 acre complex! But, it had been done!

Our area had now been sealed and armoured. Food, water, oxygen and a host of medical, chemical, and personal conveniences appeared in the now open panels in the walls.

When all this took place, several things followed. Over two dozen priority messages were transmitted, which were then repeated from several remotes. Those teams that were alerted responded as they had been instructed.

All air traffic, 'Clear codes', 'Oversight', and 'Response' flights in the D.C., Maryland and Virginia areas were diverted, or told they were restricted. FAA, and Military Air controllers were, frankly, held at gunpoint. A secure group of controllers, never used for other than a DEFCON ONE situation, took control. Every plane in the air, VFR, IFR, Helicopter or flying saucer was informed that they would land or they would be shot down. This was their one and only warning.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.