Deputy Porter
Chapter 196

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

I awoke the next morning at 5AM. I took off on my bike shortly thereafter. As I rode along the empty roads I realized that I had gone from nothing going on in my life, to three major projects all at once. It would be funny if either of them was the least bit lighthearted. I was about to enter into the drug business. Yeah I had been in the illegal enterprise before, but it had been only as a peripheral player. I was about to become a serious player. The kind of player that gets killed or goes to jail. I knew it and it didn't discourage me which speaks volumes to my lack of good sense.

That one would be a full time time adventure for most people, but I had other things going on as well. I had a kid who tried to rape me to put away, or put down. I really didn't care which I did to him either. He probably would get raped in prison, so for years he might be getting as good as he tried to give. There was some justice in that I supposed. Maybe it would be more justice than a quick merciful death.

Then there was me and The Brit's little sideline thing. I even had a sideline thing operation to launch. I had to design an operation for her execution. That was the only way to think of it. We had passed judgment and were executing her. I wanted to think of something for her in keeping with her crimes.

Shotgunning the drug dealer wasn't that far fetched. Probably other drug trade operatives were likely to use that method of retiring him. So what would fit BeeBee's lifestyle? Now that was going to require some times to figure out.

So what should I start with at the end of my ride, I wondered. I looked forward to getting home to a very hot shower after my breakfast. Most mornings breakfast for me was at the local Hardee's. It was usually a quick and easy stop for a biscuit of animal fat before I went home. Once I left the order counter, I saw the highway patrolmen sitting in a corner booth.I walked by them and smiled on my way to the small table where I planned to sit alone.

"You are Sylvia Porter, aren't you?" the older patrolmen called after me as I passed.

"Yes I am, how did you know?" I asked.

"Well I have been on this stretch of highway for a lot of years. In that time your name has come up more than once," he said.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Nothing bad, a couple of times we had to work with the Sheriff or SBI investigators. They stopped in here to ask something over breakfast. They like to ask questions over food." He said.

"Always works better than asking in the interrogation rooms." I commented.

"Something like that, seems you are well known to those types," he said. They pointed you out to us."

"What you mean is I wasn't the subject of the investigation?" I asked.

"Not so far," On of them said. "Course we did hear you almost killed a gang banger night before last."

"First of all it wasn't a gang thing. Second, if I wanted him dead, he would be," I said with a smile. "Bad news sure travels fast though,"

"There are SBI types in town taking a look at it now," one of them said. "They think he might be a person of interest in some other things."

"Well, if they come around I'll mention the heads up I got from the highway patrol," I said. I saw how the oldest one of them looked. "I'm just kidding guys. I have no desire to help the suits."

Very soon thereafter they left, I stayed a little longer to think it through. I was a little concerned with the attention by the SBI about anything involving me. The Sheriff's men hadn't paid a lot of attention to the dagger, but the SBI might.

I decided to let everything lay till the assault was settled. I figured when that happened I could expect the visits from the cops to stop. That being the case, I went to the store to buy more odds and ends but mostly it was household items. I was careful that I did nothing to draw attention to myself. It was after noon, when I went to see The Brit.

It was just two days after the assault, so he wasn't surprised to see me. Since I had no real family, I had nowhere else to go. Even Jeremy greeted me warmly, "Sylvia I want you to know, I had no idea what went on the night before last. If I had known, I would have been by your side the whole time girl."

"Jeremy, I was glad that Allen didn't worry you. There was nothing anyone could do. I really didn't want Allen to get involved to be honest."

"If you had gone through that alone, I would have been a lot more upset about it. I know you and Allen share something I will never understand. He tells me he is like your big brother, and you are like his little sister. That you share a family like understanding."

I nodded my agreement but thought, only if your family was involved in incest, but I said nothing. In a way he was right The Brit was the only family I had, and he had no family in the states. Since I had gotten involved with him my life had calmed down some. At least my sexual antics were less likely to get me killed.

When Jeremy went to the kitchen to start getting things ready for Nita, Tomas's daughter, the Brit said, "Don't pay any attention to what Jeremy says. I have no idea what our relationship is like, but I know it isn't brother and sister,"

"I would drink to that, if it weren't so early in the day." I agreed.

"If you don't have any plans for the rest of the day, you could hang out here with me and Jeremy," The Brit said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.