Deputy Porter
Chapter 192

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Andrew left town the next day around lunch. "I would like to meet you somewhere next time. You know like take a week at Disney World?" he asked with a laugh.

"Andrew you are a nice guy and remembering back the places we have been, I have to admit you really know how to show a girl a good time, but I think I have had enough of swamp dog and their people. I'm real sorry but I don't love you honey. I like you okay, but it ain't love." I admitted. I hated those speeches, but I had a feeling it wasn't Andrew's first one.

"Okay, well if you change your mind, you know how to find me," he said.

"Yes I do," I said then kiss him goodbye and gave his penis one last squeeze. He shook his head got in his SUV and headed out.

I had lunch after he left and felt a hollow feeling. I missed the companionship not necessarily Andrew. I hung around the house till time to meet Bosco at the over look.

"Hello Sylvia, how you doing hon?" he greeted me.

"I'm just fine Bosco. Let's get on with it." I took out some notes I made that morning from the earlier interview tape... "So I need a mixing barrel I'm thinking heavy plastic trash can. Maybe even on wheels"

"Yeah long as it has never been used and as long as you keep it clean. How much do you plan to cook?" he asked.

"I really plan to write the book for the home cook. Probably set all the recipes for ten gallons of finished product max." I said.

"Well then your home cook will need to mash in about fifty gallons in total. That's a lot for a garage size still."

"Okay, so let me thing backwards, What is a good size back yard cooking still?" I asked.

"If it was me and I wanted to do a one man operation which is probably what your reader is going to want to do. I would go with a twenty five gallon pot and cook twenty gallons at a time. Then if your reader wanted to cook less he could. If he wanted more he could reuse his mash and cook another run. If he made two batches he would want to mix them before he bottled one run would be higher in alcohol then the other."

He was also filling the tape with antidotes as a writer would want for his book. That's why I let him ramble. "So I can recommend a 35 gallon or so plastic can on wheel to use as a mash barrel," I suggested,

"Yeah that sounds good." he agreed.

"So I let my mash work off till it makes beer?" I asked.

"Right about a week of bubbling till it starts going flat. You want to catch it right after it stops working. Sylvia, the reader is going to need a way to vent that garage, cause it is going to have a yeast smell. Kinda of sweet like somebody baking break the neighbors are gonna notice it.'

"Okay I got that," I said.

Bosco looked at his watched then said. "I got to pick my daughter up from band practice."

"Fair enough I think we are going to have a couple more of these meetings. Later I might have to call with a specific question now and then," I said.

"Okay, whatever, you just remember the deal," he reminded me.

"I know, I'm working on it." I said.

When I left Bosco I went to the pub to see The Brit. Once I went in the back door he locked it. Then he said, "We are alone Jeremy is gone to meet a client in Charlotte, He will likely be gone all day. So let's talk about your last project."

"Jerrome went off without a problem. A couple of things we need to consider. Any checking we do personally on the subject has to be minimal and well hidden. Let the judges gather the information and trust the case they build. Verify a few things just to make sure they aren't corrupting the process for their own gain. Then if it is clean make sure there is no connection between us and the subject of the hit."

"Almost a murder for hire?" The Brit asked.

"I used a bicycle to get to the scene. Did the hit with a shotgun, got rid of it in pieces. Nothing to tie me to him at all. I don't think I will ever hear from it again." I said.

"Then I guess the next one is mine?" The Brit said.

"Yes, but you don't have to and we can bail any time," I said.

"Sylvia the structure isn't there yet. We are making this up as we go along, but one day we may not be able to bail."

"Like you said Brit, 'We are making it up as we go along.' all I know for sure is I don't ever want this corrupted for personal gain. It has to be above that, or we are just thugs for hire," I said.

"I agree 100%," he said. "God knows there will be a huge temptation."

"That is true,. The investigator and the two judges know that it is an automatic death sentence to corrupt the system. The also know there is the possibility of more than their own death involved.

"We all have to agree on the penalty and any changes in the procedure." The Brit said.

I knew that procure a place on the consideration for elimination list, the subject had to have been in a large news story within the last month. I insisted that the package provide a news story from a large newspaper. Then all the other facts that we could check.

We had set a project once a month. There was enough evil in the world that we could pick those who were extreme nominees and never get to a questionable one. The Brit and I were going to take care of the wet work. There would be no time limits on the turning of the switch. If there was a time limit, there was far too much temptation to make a switching error. I wanted to always have time to be sure the switch needed to be flipped.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.