Deputy Porter
Chapter 185

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

The first was a drug dealer and convicted murderer operating in Capitol City. The dealer had corrupted law enforcement and terrorized honest people in almost half the downtown housing areas.

"So Brit, what do you think will happen. He runs dope, junky whores, and crooked cops, What will happen in the vacuum we create?" I asked.

"I don't like the possibilities," he said. "But I like this even less." he waved his arm around at the evidence. "This isn't going to save a bunch of school kids, but it might save a couple.

Well he somehow managed to get out on parole for a murder. Mostly I think because the victim was also a drug dealer. What bothered me was his statement that he should never have been sent to prison, since it was only business. If that were a justifiable excuse, then one car dealer could kill another and it would only be business. I could understand a more personal motive than a 'it was just business'.

I reread the evidence on the young man named Jerrome. I knew he wasn't going anywhere so I had all the time in the world. I knew I wasn't going to feel any better till it was done. Every day he woke up there was a good chance someone else wouldn't. A lot of them weren't worth saving, but some of his victims were worth it. I tried to concentrate on how I was going to do it. It is much easier to kill a street thug than it was to kill a 2nd or 3rd level manager thug. He was more insulated.

Brit and I had spent the last seven months setting up the structure of the thing. So now I had to come up with a plan to accomplish the first mission and we didn't even have a name for the thing. I realized that I didn't even care if it had a name. It suited me just fine to call it the thing.

We had agreed we would end recruiting at five, We could get others to help without them know why. As for me and The Brit, we had signed on to in effect be serial killers. Hopefully we wouldn't draw any attention to ourselves and the same was true of the others. If we lost one somehow we would meet to discuss our next move. I really only envisioned it working a year. I had no idea what we could accomplish in that time, but we all were determined to do what we could to rid the world of as much evil as we could/ Make no doubt it wasn't just a game of wits any longer. It was about ridding the world of a bit of evil.

Jerrome's name had came in a less than a week after we started the search. It seems the judiciary system was filled with guys who had been caught but not thoroughly caught. We were careful to get the worst of them. I had enough shit on my soul I wanted to sleep better at night not worse. The others did as well I was sure.

Jerrome had been paroled after he did eight years and then killed his way back into the hierarchy of his gang. He told anyone who would listen after he was released the he should never have been convicted. He should have never gone up at all, because it was just business, nothing personal at all. Well he sure had everybody around him scared to dead of him, He also trusted no one, He traveled with two body guards and used two car whenever he went any where. He was going to be a challenge.

There had been a message from the scout on a bulletin board That next morning, so I read his file yet again then I drove to the pub. It was a bulletin board about bow hunting. I had no idea if it was someone's idea of a joke. Once inside the pub I sat at my usual spot at the end of the bar. The Brit walked down and put the dark draft beer in front of me. "Make it coffee instead," I said to him.

He looked at the beer and started to take it back. "Oh hell leave it to," I said. One beer wouldn't have enough effect to be of any significance.

"You get that message," The Brit asked.

"Yeah, you seen the packet yet," I said.

"I did," The Brit said.

"How does it look to you?" I asked.

"Jerrome is not a nice boy," The Brit said.

"So how involved in the life is Jerrome?" I asked.

"He has been in and out of the joint a dozen times. He is the number one suspect in half a dozen murders." The Brit said.

"Any chance we can adjust his attitude with a two by four?" I asked.

"He was beat all his life, till he got into management. No way to put him down again." The Brit answered. "It's a shame but he will kill you before he backs down."

"Yeah there are gonna be a lot like that. Why should he be any different, What I am asking is what makes him more deserving than the kid next to him." I asked.

"He doesn't believe in any other answer to a problem. If a obstruction shows up, his answer is always to remove it with lethal force." the Brit said.

"Well Brit. doing the deed won't be hard, but we have to do more than just kill him. We need to make a change in the attitude both of the victims and the killers." I said.

"Sylvia we are not in the education business. We are problem solvers, you and I. When we leave town the problem is gone, but we haven't changed the world, just the neighborhood." he said.

"I know Brit what difference will we really make this way?"I asked.

"Honey I don't know, it's either this or we go back to doing nothing like everybody else," Brit said,

"Well I'm going to meet Jerrome, since he is the first. I want to know that he is as bad as we think," I said to the Brit.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.