The Mountain Man
Chapter 14

Copyright© March 2009 by FelixRex

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 14 - An orphaned loner builds a new life in the mountains he loves. He is confronted by an orphaned female and struggles with her and himself as they strive to build a new life together. The story has at least 6 parts though the first part is mainly character and plot development. Please be patient.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mult   Consensual   Incest   Brother   Sister   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Lactation   Pregnancy   Voyeurism   Slow  

Fall quickly turned into winter. Julie and Tom had returned to their cabin with the important supplies that they would need to carry them through the snowy season, especially the radio that would provide the vital link with George and Jenny. Complete isolation was no longer a luxury that they could afford. Julie's and her baby's health depended on being able to contact help quickly if it was needed.

Power for the radio wasn't as big a problem as Tom had first imagined. They, of course, had no power source at the cabin but George had included a small solar array and batteries that would provide all the power that the radio would need. Even in the gray days of winter the array would generate a trickle charge on the batteries. They might have to restrict their use somewhat during those times but as long as the batteries had a decent charge they would have almost enough power to communicate at will. In the spring they would bring up some more batteries and solar panels to enhance the power generation capabilities so that they wouldn't ever have to worry about being without their communications link.

There was more than enough time to get all their supplies stowed and last minute tasks done before the snows came. Julie hadn't suffered any ill effects of the trip to George and Jenny's cabin or on the trip home. In fact, she seemed to be thriving on the hard work and clean mountain air. She was feeling more alive than she had ever felt, notwithstanding that she was pregnant. The pregnancy seemed to energize her to new levels of productivity. She was just starting to show but the baby was still quiet in her belly. It was only a matter of time before he ... or she ... moved.

She and Tom didn't have a lot to do during this time. They spent a lot of it working the hides, especially since she'd have to make some larger clothes for herself and things for the baby. The evenings were spent in reading and talking. Their conversations naturally revolved around her pregnancy but also turned to deeper subjects. The books in their library opened both of them up to a much wider world around them. Schoolwork had been boring for both of them, even though they excelled in it. Now the books were tickets to a wider world of travel, history, geography, the sciences, philosophy and the arts that never quite caught their fancy just a few short years ago. Now the books that were available held both of them in thrall with their knowledge and insights, and would be even more valuable to their child ... or children ... in the years to come.

Julie was calling Jenny quite regularly now, and vice versa. Now that they had a medium of communication available it seemed that they needed to talk with each other almost every day. Even Tom and George talked more often. As friendly as the two couples were with each other, the radio added a link that had become vital to all of them. They were more than friends now, they were neighbors. The white picket fence that they would have talked over was, in reality, an invisible radio signal that connected them with an increasing bond of family.

By now they were in the depths of winter. Spring was still a month or more away but Julie's baby wasn't still. In fact, he ... or she ... was getting to be very active. The baby – they were starting to think in terms of 'he' – had started moving about 6 weeks before and was a source of endless fascination for Tom. He spent hours in the evening after they had gone to bed playing with her belly, trying to coax him to respond. At first he didn't respond, but after several nights of play he began to be more active. He even stuck his tiny foot into Julie's belly, reaching, it seemed, for Tom's hand. Of course, Julie paid the price for all this mischief. After she and Tom had quit playing and went to sleep, the baby wasn't through. He was still active and continued to push his feet into Julie's belly, keeping her awake far into the night! She was not amused.

Spring was beginning to show signs of coming. Snow was melting, temperatures were slowly rising and the stream had thawed. Some of their supplies were getting low but not dangerously so. It was about now that they would be planning their spring trip to the ranger station. This year, though, it would be a tough decision. Tom might have to go alone since Julie was getting pretty large and an arduous trip down the mountain on horseback might prove dangerous for her and the baby. He really didn't want to leave her alone, no matter how independent or capable she was. His protective instincts just wouldn't allow that. They were agonizing over that decision when help came from an unexpected source.

George and Jenny had also been thinking about Tom and Julie's spring trip. Jenny was all-to-conscious of Julie's condition and had convinced George that it was time for both of them to make a trip up the mountain to visit their friends. Jenny was pregnant but not as far along as Julie was, only about four months. She could make the trip without any undue risk to her baby. Furthermore, they could bring up the spring supplies that Tom and Julie would need.

George went a step further, though. He hadn't had a real vacation in several years so he convinced his supervisor to send a replacement to the ranger cabin for about six months. It was really more of a leave of absence but his supervisor called it an extended vacation with pay. His replacement would show up within a couple of weeks so they could have a proper turnover and start up the mountain. George had ulterior motives, too. He knew that Julie wouldn't be in a position to do much of the summer work that would be required and that Jenny, in addition to wanting an extended visit, would be able to ensure that Julie was in good health, as well as being there when the baby arrived. In addition, he wanted to talk with Tom about the possibility of taking him up on his offer of using some of the money in the checking account. He had been thinking about moving them closer to Tom and Julie but that meant leaving his ranger job before retirement. He and Jenny were really missing them and wished that they could be physically closer to them. If Tom was amenable to that then it would solve a bunch of problems for both families. All in all, this extended vacation could work out well.

George contacted Tom and told him about the extended vacation that he and Jenny had negotiated. Tom was surprised and very grateful. He gave George a list of what he and Julie would need and George even mentioned some additional items that he and Jenny thought that both of them might want. The pack train needed to bring them up was going to increase their herd by a factor of two – at least – but the extra horses and pack mules would be valuable additions. What George didn't mention was that he intended to bring a couple of cows! After all, Julie – and Jenny – couldn't breast feed all the time.

It took George and Jenny a few more days to get to the cabin than they had planned. Winter hadn't cooperated very much and the trails were still a bit difficult to negotiate. The horses and mules had no problems but the cows took a little more time. They were three year-old cows, strong enough to negotiate the difficult terrain and yet mature enough to not balk at being led. Still, by the time they got to the high meadow, both George, Jenny and the livestock were pretty tired – Jenny, especially. Even though her pregnancy wasn't in any danger, the trip was arduous – and it showed.

Tom and Julie were astounded and pleased by the largesse that George and Jenny had brought. The addition of the cattle was especially welcomed since milk was soon going to be needed. Julie and Jenny hugged and cried with joy at being together again. They were like loving sisters that hadn't seen each other in years. They quickly moved inside the cabin, sat down and began to catch up – even though they had been in contact with each other almost every day since the radio was set up! There was nothing like face-to-face conversation, though. Jenny was watching Julie as she talked. She was looking for any signs that might indicate problems with her pregnancy. Julie sensed her concern and dismissed it. She hadn't had any problems – except for Tom's insistence at playing with the baby's feet at night – and really felt stronger and healthier than she had ever been. That relieved Jenny's mind so they shifted the subject to more mundane 'girl talk.'

The men hugged each other in welcome and then started talking about 'men stuff.' While talking, they started seeing to the livestock and stowing the supplies. They also had a lot of catching up to do. After a while, George brought up the subject of leaving the ranger service and moving himself and Jenny closer to Tom and Julie. Tom appeared to think about it for a short while and then enthusiastically agreed. Using the money wasn't even an issue, since Tom was the one that had set up the account for George and Jenny's use as they saw fit. Even George leaving the service wasn't an issue. There would always be a ranger at the cabin and they could get whatever supplies they needed to be sent there for later pickup. Tom was actually grateful that they were willing to move up here. Both couples had become fast friends in the past year and being closer together was sort of like brothers and sisters living next door to each other. The logistical aspect of it, too, would work to both of their advantage.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.