Life as a Teenage Human Girl - Cover

Life as a Teenage Human Girl

Copyright© 2012 by celf

Chapter 11

"So let see if I got this correct." Karen said, sitting at the dining room table eating breakfast. Emily and Jane were with her. They could not use the kitchen table as it was too small. It could sit four, but only three could eat without getting in the way of the others. But to give them some space to chat, Mum was eating in the kitchen with Ben and Flex.

"We are all that is left of the Order of Magic Light. You need my help in finding two more to join the order and get the gift of colour magic from the Goddess, you think you know who they are, and even the Goddess said you had the right people in mind, but you don't yet know why the Goddess has asked you to do this, is that right?" Karen asked.

"Not quite, mom ... Sorry, Mrs. Walker has also joined the order, but she don't have her familiar yet." Jane explained.

"I see, but you're saying that is the only bit I got wrong?" Karen asked.

"Yep, that the only part you got wrong."

"Well, yes." Emily added. "That sums up the highlights."

"I am sorry about your mother." Karen said, placing her hand on to Emily's hand, Emily's eyes got big.

"Ho boy, Karen, I need to teach you how to cast the body 'ward of lessening power', and you need to cast it before you go to school, we will have to do this fast - let's go down to the magic room. You need the seal for this."


The purple glow faded away and Karen stood on her bloodline symbol that was part of the seal. Emily and Jane stood off to one side, they were still saving their magic power for Anna's familiar.

"That was some power there." Karen commented.

"Yep, looks like you could summon a familiar all by yourself, easy as pie." Emily added.

"We better get going, or we are going to be late to school." Jane said.


[Hannah]

Hannah was next to her sister in the playground waiting for Jane to turn up.

"That is odd, that's Mrs. Walker's car, but Jane is not here yet. Where is she?"

"Hey, Sis, do you see Jane in the playground at all?" Hannah asked.

Helen looked around the playground. "Nope, I don't see her. Maybe she is unwell today."

"She looked ok when I left the classroom yesterday." Hannah looked at her watch, there was only 6 minutes left before class time.

"I don't see Emily as well, she and Jane have spent a lot of time with each other. There is a rumour going around school that Mrs. Walker is taking Emily home after school."

"Yes, I heard that one as well."

"There is Emily now, getting out of that car." Helen said, pointing at a car just outside of the school gates.

"Tell me I am seeing things, tell me that I did not just see Jane and Karen get out of that same car." Hannah asked her sister.

"You're not seeing things, Jane and Karen did just get out of the same car as Emily. What? Did both of them stay overnight with Emily. What is going on there?"

"I have no idea, but it feels like I am losing my friend." Hannah said.

Helen rolled her eyes at Hannah. "Don't be silly, you have both known each other for years."

"They are coming this way."

Emily, Jane and Karen joined Hannah and Helen.

"Hey there, Hannah, Helen, you have a good day yesterday?" Jane asked.

"Not a bad day. So like how come the three of you got out of the same car?" Hannah asked.

Just then the bell rang, telling them it was time to get to their homerooms.

As they walked to class, Jane told Hannah. "Oh, me and Karen had a sleepover at Emily's place so we could all get to know each other better."

"Sounds like fun. You should have invited me too, I'd have been happy to go as well." Hannah griped.

"Sorry mate, that idea never crossed my mind." Jane said, as they walked in to the classroom.


Hannah was waiting for Jane by the door from the classroom block to the playground. Helen was with her.

"Late again, Why does she spend all this time with Emily." Hannah said to herself in her mind.

"So do you think Emily will join the magic club?" Helen asked.

"Ha..." Hannah looked at her sister. "Sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked if you think Emily will join the magic club, given a year or two, she would have great skill at magic."

"Oh, umm. Yes, I think she will join." Hannah replied.

"Was Karen in any clubs?" Helen asked.

"Don't know. I don't think so. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever touched her to see if she's got any magic, have you?" Hannah asked.

"Touched her? Not that I remember. But I will see if I can touch her if she show's up with Jane and Emily." Helen said.

"What? Do you think Emily is going to still be following Jane like a lost puppy?"

"I don't think it, Hannah. I know it! The two of them have formed some type of bond. And they formed that bond fast, at that. I don't know what it is, but it's like they are long lost sisters."

"See, I am losing my friend. That is just more proof right there." Hannah said with a sad look.

"Here we go again with the 'Jane's not going to stay your friend' routine."

"What are you trying to say."

"It's just that. Every time Jane gets a new friend you do this. Yet every time she is still your friend." Helen said, looking right at Hannah.

"I Hope so, I just..." Hannah was interrupted by the door to the school opening.


[Emily]

Emily, Jane and Mrs Walker waited in the 2-C classroom for Karen to join them. On the way to school Emily had told Karen not to let Mrs. Walker touch her yet.

There was a knock at the door. Emily went and opened the door to see who it was, on seeing Karen she let her inside the classroom.

"So we are all going to meet up at Emily's place after school, right?" Karen asked after the door was shut.

"Yes, I will be taking us in my car. Karen, are you going to be staying with Emily now? I don't like the idea of you living by yourself." Mrs. Walker asked.

"Ummm ... I have not given it a thought, to be honest." Karen replied.

"You can move in with me if you like, I still have 2 bedrooms that are not in use." Emily said.

"Cool, let me think about it, Emily." Karen replied.

"Ok, anyone have any news? Anyone seen anything out of the ordinary?" Emily asked.

No one said a word.

"Ok, then let's meet here after school." Emily said, and then turned to go out of the room.

"Emily. Wait!" Karen said.

"Ha?" Emily said as she turned back around.

"It's not really news, but the school's radiant magic energy levels are increasing. I just thought you should know."

"Damn it. You can see that change already? That's bad. We are going to need to cast a lot more wards on the school itself." Emily said.

"Oh Emily, that reminds me, there is no way we can come in on Sunday to cast wards, this Sunday is the monthly car boot sale." Mrs. Walker said, looking at Emily.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.