Middle Years - Cover

Middle Years

Copyright© 2012 by JPM

Chapter 6

I am having a hard time starting back up on writing things down. I'm visiting the memories but having a brain freeze on a lot of things. I'll try to get this down in a chronological manner and see if things pop up for me.

I was able to get nearly 6 hours of sleep last night. I am hoping that will help in the long run. It may be a busy day as I've got a dermatologist appointment in a little while, followed by my 3 month check up at the family doctor. Then, hopefully, off to meet my sister for lunch. We'll see what the afternoon brings.

Now I do remember, 1972 was the year our US Mint had an error on their pennies. The Lincoln Cent had a double image on the obverse, or heads side. I recall saving every penny I got my hands on, and checking each one under a magnifying lens. My grandmother got caught up in the excitement, and saved us all of her pennies as well.

I was in 6th grade that year. There were a lot of spelling bee's, and a lot of trouble working on sentence structure. I actually can remember discussing my issues with the English teacher. She was known as a tough cookie; she worked well with me! She spent extra time with me to help me make it through that section.

I wonder if any events really happened in 1973. I cannot find anything, good or bad, from that time. Perhaps I did already jot down something in the previous pages. I'll need to go look and see if that is so. It is very frustrating. I know there are memories in there, and they do not want to come out into the light.

Maybe I will go off on a tangent. I will start to write a Sci-fi story while I'm waiting for things to pop in on me. I'll do an outline on the plot. The characters. The reasoning behind the struggles they encounter. Something to do with all of those atomic bomb tests that were conducted from the lates 40's into the 60's. All that radioactive fallout floating around in the atmosphere for decades. How it affected the world's population. Who knows, something like that could be worthy of the time investment. Okay, now I'm chuckling. I know I'm throwing myself into this nonsense just way too much.

I just now received a text message from my wife. She wanted to let me know that she talked to our daughter last night. All is going well in Europe. However, she had a change in her host family for next month. She is volunteering in Africa and their group stays with families to get acclimated to the region they'll be in. I'll have to find out later what happened. Not that it matters, she has another family now to stay with anyway.

I will post this now and come back later on to revisit my block.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.