06 Home - Cover

06 Home

Copyright© 2012 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 65

Present – Mira – In their room

We perceive a knock on the door and we all gather our weapons. I nod at Alexi, he stands to the side, opens the door and Ms. Morgan, Ms. Donaldson and Mr. Reynolds enter our room. I deduce that Ms. Donaldson is extremely agitated about something so my hand signal communicates a situation of alertness to the others.

We are shocked at what Ms. Donaldson says next! She elucidates, "I have had my damn fill of you three, even if you are Liz's body guards. You are as of right now on probation and if you three cause any more problems you will be asked to leave. Now how in the hell did you get into the tunnels?"

I prepare to respond when Ms. Donaldson's mobile phone interrupts...

Ms. Morgan attempts to add additional information but her mobile phone also interrupts.

I visually communicate with Irinka and Alexi while I continue to consume my 'Meal Refusing to Exit.' My behavior is dictated by Ben Blaine's prodigy's need for sustenance...

Present – Jens – Sedankina's room

I deliver an ultimatum to the twins and Alexi! As I get ready to continue my rant, my phone rings. I look, note it's Thom so I answer it, "Thom, what's happening?"

He complains (usually I would ignore it because he complains all the time, but this time I sense it's serious), "Jennifer, things have gone to hell in a hand basket down here. Inga's team was killed trying to get into the drug compound and we barely escaped with our lives. I hate to say this but the damn mission is a bust and we're going to head back home."

I'm not sure I like this idea so I advise, "Listen Thom, we spent all damn day fighting a Columbian drug army that I'm sure Megan sent after us. I wish like hell you had captured her. I'm sorry about the loses but we need to regroup and discuss this as a team. Let me gather the forces while you make sure you're in a safe place and call the conference phone in thirty mikes."

I hang up the phone and begin to tell Jack what's going on.

Present – Thom, Byron and Inga – on a special mission in Venezuela

Jennifer hangs up the phone and I'm almost dumbfounded. Byron nudges me and asks, "Thom what the hell just happened?"

I shake my head and explain, "I don't have all the details, but Megan had her boss send a Columbian drug army after Jennifer. It sounds like it was a hell of a battle because it lasted all day. Jennifer is going to gather everyone and we are supposed to talk to them in thirty. Then we will all decide how to proceed. So, do you both think we are safe staying here while we wait for the conference call?"

Byron answers, "We're about as safe here as anywhere."

Inga doesn't answer but takes out her phone, makes a call, seems to wait forever, then hangs up and says, "That is most strange, I could not reach Masha to receive her orders."

Present – Liz – Sedankina's room

Jens lays into the twins and Alexi (not the wisest thing to do) while I try to defuse the situation when my phone rings. It's Samantha so I answer it and she starts, "Liz I'm not sure of all the details but we need another News van..."

I yell, "Samantha, what the hell is going on down there? We can't give you an unlimited supply of news vans. Those things are damn expensive!"

The phone gets quiet and then I finally hear, "I'm sorry Liz, Frank and I are with Stacy Summers at the vet because Frank accidentally shot Ben's horse, so we don't know any details. All I know is I got a call from Emanuel telling me the van was wrecked and giving me the location to send a new van."

I question, "What about Linus and his team?"

Jens is done with her phone call, nudges my shoulder and whispers, "Yeah, find out about them because Maria said they were hot on Ben's trail."

I repeat the request, "Jens wants to know about Linus and his team."

There's another uncomfortably long pause and Samantha answers, "Liz, I've really let you down on this because Emanuel didn't say anything about Linus and his team. I promise I will find out as much as I can about everything."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.