06 Home - Cover

06 Home

Copyright© 2012 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 15

Present – Anastasia – At Bob's Country Bunker

As we head toward the bar, Erast is carrying almost all the gear. When we get to the door a couple guys open it after giving me some long, hard stares (at least I still have an effect on some men!). We enter and I can't believe my eyes.

There are lights everywhere, people are dancing and gambling and well 'other things' Erast mentioned earlier. I am amazed that the bar tenders are women: When a song starts, they climb up on the bar and begin to dance, just like in the movie Coyote Ugly.

I begin to cry.

Erast looks at me and stutters, "A-A-Anastasia what is your problem."

I smile at him and declare, "This place is wonderful, we are finally back in civilization."

Present – Erast – At Bob's Country Bunker

I do believe Anastasia my sister has totally lost what little mind she had! This is a honkytonk and is about as far from civilization as possible. Ah yes, she is a woman and they are impressed by shiny things and shiny places and this is certainly one of the latter.

While Anastasia has been dazed by the lights, I have done a threat assessment and have plans on how to kill most people in here if I have to.

Bob walks up to us and states, "Damn Eras' for a smaller guy you're pretty damn strong to carry all that gear yourself. Let me get a couple of the boys to help you to your room."

I stutter, "Th-th-thank you Bob, but I do not need any help."

He smiles hands me our key and says, "Suit yourself."

As Wojtek flies past me, we hear a bunch of people yell, "Wojtek." I smile as I see him steal a beer from a patron.

We head toward our room and while scanning, I note three men that from the way they are looking at Anastasia will probably be a problem later.

The room is functional and clean but not what I would call nice. However Anastasia gushes, "Erast, this room, in fact this whole place is great! Come on let's get something to eat and drink."

I caution her, "Anastasia, put your tactical vest back on and make sure your sidearm is ready."

She complains, "Erast do we really have to carry weapons here."

I reply, "Yes Anastasia, this place is more dangerous than you realize. You must trust me on this."

I perform a function check on the Rugers, pull the Winchester Centennial '66 out of the scabbard while making sure she's ready for action and slip an extra box of .30-30 ammo in my pocket.

I look at Anastasia and caution, "Please listen to me tonight so you do not get into trouble like before. You need to stay close to me and do not flirt with anyone."

Present – Anastasia – At Bob's Country Bunker

Erast just has to bring up how stupid I was before (with Guy), but I'm not going to let that ruin my night. In fact I am a little flattered that he wants me all to himself. And I certainly learned my lesson from trying to use that ugly fat fucker to get Ben, I mean Erast, jealous.

I do question, "Erast must I carry my rifle? I noticed the other women have hand guns but none are carrying rifles."

He relents and agrees, "Anastasia, no you do not need to carry your rifle."

Then he surprises me when he picks up one of the AK's and slings it over his shoulder. I wonder for a moment if this place might be more dangerous than I think. I debate about bringing my rifle when Erast says, "Come on Anastasia, I am hungry."

I giggle, "Hungry enough to eat Boo-Boo."

He gives me a dirty look and answers, "No Anastasia, I am not hungry enough to eat a bear. But perhaps I can talk Bob into serving you some horse."

I pretend to gag, "No way Erast. Horses are much too beautiful to eat."

We head downstairs and I'm so excited...

Present – Erast – At Bob's Country Bunker

I pause at the top of the stairs, do another quick threat assessment then we descend into the den of iniquity. Thank God Anastasia is holding onto my arm. Bob notices us and motions us over to his table which is off to the side of the stage. We fight our way through the crowd, arrive at his table and he says, "If'n ya don't mind I'd love to hear some of the stories about your battles with the damn mesicans. I took the liberty of orderin' up a couple big plates of barbeque and a couple beers."

Anastasia smiles at him, "Thank you kind sir, we would love to sit at your table."

Bob answers, "Missy, please call me Bob."

He gets her chair for her then notices my rifle and says, "That's a real beaut of a rifle. It looks just like the rifle old John has."

I set it across my lap and state, "Bob I hate to inform you but it is John's rifle. Anastasia and I came across a group of banditos who had killed John and his family."

Bob swore, "Those damn mesicans killed John! He had a bunker so how in the hell did that happen."

I answer, "I do not know the exact details, it would appear they were trapped outside the bunker."

Bob asks, "Are you trying to tell me you were able to get into John's bunker."

The food came (Bob is right this is damn fine barbeque!), I start eating and Anastasia begins to tell Bob (in between her bites of food) how we killed all the banditos in the house, disabled all the booby traps and then how I was able to get into the bunker. The more she told Bob the larger his eyes got...

Present – Anastasia – At Bob's Country Bunker

It is so much fun telling Bob how Erast and I were able to fight the banditos. Oh I know I didn't do much, but I did provide moral support.

Bob asks, "Did you give them a Christian burial."

Erast replies, "Yes Bob we certainly did."

Bob leans back, looks more relaxed and states, "Well, I can relax now because I knew those were John's horses you rode in on and I was worried you two were scoundrels that had killed them and taken their things."

Erast jumps up for the table, pulls his gun and states, "Sir! All we have told you is the truth! However it sounds as if you have not been totally honest with us. Just what are your intentions?"

Bob smiles at him and explains, "My intentions were to find out the truth. And from the story Anastasia told me, I can tell it's the bonafid' truth. I want to thank you for taking care of John and his family. Because of that I'd like to call you my friend."

He holds out his hand, Erast looks around the room and I do the same. Both of us notice everyone has their guns out and are watching us. Erast smiles at him and states, "Your people are good but they could be better."

He puts away his gun and then shakes Bob's hand.

Bob stands up and announces, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I found out the John and his family were slaughtered by the mesicans. Let's all stand, bow our heads and 'serve a moment of silence."

We wait then Bob continues, "The good news is Eras' and his sister Anastasia killed the bastards that got John." There was a huge cheer then Bob continued, "The next round is on the house in memory of John and his family." There was even a bigger cheer.

I get ready to sit back down when a lady runs up, begins to hug me and cries on my shoulder...

Present – Erast – At Bob's Country Bunker

I damn near shot the lady when she ran up to Anastasia and I am glad I didn't. Bob looks at her and questions, "Magdalena what's wrong?"

The lady pulls away and says, "Bob this is the young woman that helped us get off the bus."

Bob whistles, "Don't tell me you two are the ones that saved my Magdalena from the damn mesicans! Honey join us - I want to hear this story."

I question, "Bob I hate to ask but might I possibly have another plate of your barbeque."

He laughs, "Shit if you two are the ones that saved my wife, you can have any damn thing you want!"

He waves to one of the waitresses, and Stacy asks, "And kind Bob, might I have another beer."

He replies, "Sure what about you Eras'?"

I stutter, "N-n-no thank you, one is my limit."

He nods his head, "Well what about some vodka?"

I shake my head, "N-n-no thank you Bob, I must keep my wits about me."

He smiles, "Well I think I have seen everything now - a Russian that don't drink vodka."

Anastasia begins telling the story about the bus, Bob asks, "Wait she started part way through."

Anastasia says, "Yes I was unconscious and when I awoke Erast was gone."

He looks at me and grins, "Okay Eras' looks like you need to start this story."

I muddle my way through it...

Present – Anastasia – At Bob's Country Bunker

Erast is not doing a very good job telling the story so I help him. Bob begins to laugh, "Damn Eras' you don't need to be shy 'bout what you did 'round here. Sheeit! You two are bonafid' heroes in every damn sense of the word. Hell half the guys in here ain't done shit compared to the two of you. But a storyteller you ain't! So now that I know how you got off the bus, and by the way that was one fine piece of analysis to know that bastard on the bus was one of the mesicans, why don't we let your beautiful sister finish the story."

So I get to tell the story while Erast is busy eating. I finish my second beer and a third one arrives.

Magdalena is holding my hand telling Bob, "Yes honey that's exactly what she did."

I get to the part where the banditos were going to rape the women, and I say, "But Erast shot them all from inside a building on top of the hill."

Bob looks at Erast and asks, "Eras' tell me somethin', were you or are you one of them Russian green berets?"

Erast looks up from his food and replies, "I think you mean Spetnaz and sorry Bob I cannot answer that question."

Bob laughs, "Sheeit son, you just answered it! I heard you guys were tough SOB's and when I first saw you I never would have guessed. But like they say, still waters run deep."

I get ready to tell more when a band shows up on what I guess is the stage, but the stage is behind all this chicken wire. I look at Magdalena and ask, "You have live music here, what sort of music is it."

She smiles at me and states, "We have both types of music, country and western."

The band begins to play and Bob asks, "Well young missy do you know how to two step?"

I shake my head, "No Bob I do not."

He laughs, "Then it's time for you to learn. Hey Magdalena, why don't you see if our hero can dance as well as he can fight."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.