Never to Know - Cover

Never to Know

Copyright© 2012 by twilight's.t.A.T.u.

Prologue

~~1992~~

Unknown

The streets seemed to glisten as the rain hit the pavement in a soft hum, the cold air making a mist appear with every source of impact. The sound of the rain, though, masked the sound of sorrow that slowly creeped on this certain street.

The two figures' shadows stopped at a doorstep; the doorstep led to a grieving family. They had lost their child mere days ago, and the sadness leaked from the doors base. The two figures seemed completely oblivious to the rain soaking through their clothes as the bundle they held in their arms squirmed when they set the baby on the step.

The shorter of the two removed the fabric from her head, revealing a woman's face. Her features were small; her nose like a bottom, her lips full and pink, and her green eyes that matched that of grass with dew at the tip. Her hair was a gold, the color one would imagine a goddesses. The woman leaned down, the rain dripping off her nose landing on the infants' face. The baby reached its' hand up and touched her nose, the woman smiling with tears in her eyes.

"I love you," her voice was a whisper against the pounding rain drops.

The street was black and grey, the rain's music causing the woman to have a wavered smile.

The other also removed the cloth from their face; it was man. His face was sharp, his nose and jaw falling gracefully into that category. His hair was an inky blue, it looked as if it were black with the rain soaking through its' roots. His eyes were blue also, but they were as bright as the sky. The man pulled a locket, shaped like a butterfly, and placed it on the small infant. The necklace had blue top wings, and green bottoms, engulfed with a thick gold chain.

"Keep this; it shall protect you against the inevitable. It holds your future," he rubbed the now damp dark curls from the infant's forehead.

The infant begin to wail as the rain made its' way past the blanket and onto its' fragile pale skin.

"We must hurry before they sense where we are," the woman spoke louder. Her voice was soft, like bells, and the man nodded to her in approval.

The man lifted the hood back onto his face and knocked loudly on the door. The duo ran, their feet making a loud slap against the sidewalk as they rushed through the rain.

The woman let out a loud sob as she heard the infants' cries grow quieter behind her. She halted at the end of the sidewalk and turned her head, seeing a woman take the baby from her doorstep.

"We have to go," the man's voice cracked as he jumped into a puddle beneath his feet.

The woman lifted the hood onto her head and mumbled, "I love you," before she jumped in after the man before her.

~~2002~~

Young One

The little boy clasped his hands together as he listened to his mentor's words of wisdom.

"This task s a great one, young one, and if you do this right, we will have great fortune." the old man's smile caused the boy's confidence to rise. His mentor had thin skin; many lines were across his face and neck, probably all over his body. His hair was short, cut, and a shining grey with a few silver strands.

"I will try," the boy's voice wavered with nervousness. The boy has been with his mentor for over five years. Ever since his mother passed away, his mentor just appeared, as if the two were destined to meet. "I promise, I will try my hardest." His purple eyes shut as he bowed with the promise he made.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.