On the Run
Introduction

Copyright© 2012 by John D

John D has asserted his right to be identified as the author of this work in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1998. All rights reserved.

The characters in this story are fictitious and any similarity to any persons, alive or dead, places or situations is purely coincidental. The actions described in this story are not endorsed or condoned by the author.

This piece of work is fiction and is adult entertainment, and therefore contains some material of an adult, explicit nature. If you are under the age required to view this legally in your jurisdiction, or are easily offended by sexual explicit content or language do not continue reading.

This work is released under the Creative Commons license Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. (CC BY-NC-ND), the full text of which can be obtained from the Creative Commons website.

The story may be freely distributed electronically and unmodified and with all sections attached by non-profit organisations or websites. The story may not reproduced for commercial purposes, or for profit, without explicit permission from the author. The author has already distributed the book to a number of eBook stores and on-line sites.

The photograph was taken by Anonymous Collective and released under a CC-license. The photographer does not endorse this work.

Note from the author

In November 2011 I wrote a story, Secrets, for National Novel Writing Month and published that book in mid-December. I asked for feedback, and got some, mostly around the fact that I had missed half-a-million grammatical errors and thought little more of it; I was disappointed with myself and understood the need for editors. I had been given a stark lesson in reality and I felt a little demoralised as I knew I had not done as good a job as I should have done and even though it had been downloaded thousands of times, I had actually got very little feedback. I had no problem with people rating as "one star" but would have quite liked to know what they found so abhorrent as I wanted to learn and become a better author.

Positive feedback started, I started to climb the charts and within a few days was in the top five free books. I was above all but one of Dickens books on the day of his 200th anniversary of his birth. I was overwhelmed and ever so excited, the chart was made up of established authors like Jane Austen, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Robert Louis Stevenson: it was like Barnet being in the FA Cup Quarter Final! Suddenly, I felt compelled to write more and loved reading the feedback, good and bad. Thank you to all those that did, and I did try to respond to anyone who e-mailed me.

I learned a lot from writing Secrets and took from the feedback that I needed an editor, needed to tone down the sex scenes and also be more descriptive with the characters. I've tried to incorporate that in this book and for that reason I have taken out a sex scene to leave just five (I apologise in advance for

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.