The Protector - Cover

The Protector

Copyright© 2012 by terriblethom

Chapter 82

This is the first of the new chapters. There won't be many! I plan on writing a continuation of the book in the near future. Enjoy these last few chapters.

As we floated in the tepid stinking water, I wondered for the thousandth time what the hell we were doing in the middle of a harbor in Port Harcourt, Nigeria, waiting for our intended target. We had been floating here for three hours, having been inserted an hour after dusk. Farley, Jubal and I were stationed at each corner of the dock so we would have clear fields of fire when our target showed. Farley had slipped aboard the yacht and planted explosives to blow it out of the water in case there were too many in the party to take out with the silenced .40s we were carrying. We were in wetsuits and had state of the art encrypted ear plugs so we would be able to talk to each other. We had been dropped off of one of the French battle cruisers onto a waiting fishing boat off the coast at Largos. The skipper of the small boat had brought us to the mouth of the port; and would return at dawn to pick us up, if we completed the mission. If not, he would provide us with shelter so we could try again the next night. Our source was the wife of one of the society members who cleaned offices for a certain Issac Breedon, the Arms Dealer. According to what she passed on to Quanta, she had overheard them setting up a meeting tonight on his yacht with his Middle Eastern buyers. Quanta had done a little checking and it seemed that he had a phobia about meeting in his offices. He always met with his buyers and sellers on the boat, after he had it swept for bugs. The electronics man had already checked it and left, so now it was just a matter of waiting for him and his guests to arrive.

"Jon, I just got word on the other channel that he is getting ready to leave his offices with his friends. I was also told that he cleaned out his safe and has all his papers in a water tight briefcase. There are ten of them with seven bodyguards. I think we ought to pull back and let them leave, and I will blow the boat when they get to the mouth of the bay. That way we will have time to search for the briefcase before the patrol boats come to see what the explosion was."

"I agree, Farley. I think ten plus the bodyguards are more than the three of us can handle without attracting too much attention. We can swim out to the point and set it off, just as they pass. It isn't too deep there and it will put them on top of us so we will have more time to recover the case if we can find it. Tell our lookout to get pictures of everyone that comes out and boards the boat. We will need the pictures to identify who is aboard and see if any of them are wanted. Let's move out or we won't get there before they do."

"Ok, Jon, I have passed the word on. Bet you a hundred Jubal and I get there before you do, old man."

I didn't say anything, but chuckled as I shoved off, heading towards the spit of land I could barely see in the distance. It had been my pleasure to work with these two. Their sense of humor kept me in stitches and my mind off Kat and Sally. As I swam towards the land in the distance, I automatically let the big diving flippers do the work as my mind drifted back to when we landed on the island. Little did I know that the look on Sally's face would start a small war between her and Kat over Pat, Kat's friend and now the island's doctor. By the time the helicopters took off our luggage had disappeared into the distance, Koma had given me a big hug and welcomed me back to our home. I watched as a smiling and laughing Kat untangled herself from a bear of a man and brought him over to me. She made the introductions and he shook my hand, smiling before he commented; "So, you're the man who won my nurse's heart? I am so happy to see how happy she is."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.