Accidental Experiment: The Experiment Begins - Cover

Accidental Experiment: The Experiment Begins

Copyright© 2011 by Deenara2000

Chapter 13

Deputy Mark Thompson of the Big Horn county sheriff's department, with a patrol area covering from the state line to Harden, sat board silly as he watch the empty road. That was what he did several times a week to keep the local rowdies from getting too stupid.

Mark was good at catching the people that thought it would be fun to race or just try things the road and their truck or car weren't meant to do.

You see, like his father, Luke, he could feel the excitement from whom ever was coming. But there was no one coming. So as he sat there Mark started thinking back on some of the things that his grandfather told him about.


"Grampa, tell me again of how you met gramma?" asked Mark as he climbed into his grandfather's lap.

"I would love to. Your gramma was the most beautiful creature on the planet," started Tim, "You see I was working for the government. I was part of a secret branch that investigated other government groups. I was assigned to watch a group that claimed the Nazis were trying to create humans with special powers and then were going to turn them into some kind of super soldier.

We did have proof that those deep inside the enemy ranks were doing all kinds of stuff using humans as test subjects and lab rats.

I and a few others were sent to make sure our people weren't doing the same things."

"And what did you find Grampa?" said a young Mark though he knew already; he just loved grampa's stories.

"Well what we found was not good, not good at all. They were doing very bad things to some of the people. When your older your father will let you read some very special documents but only when your older and can understand things a lot better.

Now when I got to the facility, I was set up as a guard to some of the people being tested and studied. Well the first ones I met were Sandy and my beloved Mandy. They were twin sisters. For two weeks I watched as bad things were done to them and the others. At the time I couldn't do anything about it. Then with the help of one of my partners, we made a plan to get several of them out and then we were going to shut the bad place down.

Well we were almost ready when we heard some really bad news. All the test subjects were going to be killed so other scientists could study them. Well my partner and me couldn't allow that.

So we set the plan we made into action. My beloved Mandy and her sister had been hiding a secret from the scientists. They could do very special things. So as we got the plan under way, they helped.

We saved all 12 of the people that were there. That was when we learned more. All the people could do something special. But sadly our government got concerned when they learned of this."

"What happened?"

"We hid the survivors. Then after about two weeks something started to happen and the group started getting sick. They got so sick they passed away," Tim stopped, remembering how hard it was for the people he had tried so hard to keep safe.

"Just like grammy got?"

"Very close. Only three were left after another two weeks; your grammy, her sister and another guy."

"That's Uncle Larry."

"Yes it is. But don't you ask him about it or anything. Someone he loved very much was one that didn't make it."

"I won't, I promise."


It was a month later that Mark was told that his Grampa had gone to be with his beloved again.

A few years later Uncle Larry showed up with a young woman and her children. That was the first time that Mark had "felt" someone's emotions. The feeling was so strong with fear that it overwhelmed Mark and he went screaming to his mom and dad.

That was also when he learned that Uncle Larry would bring special people to his father, who were special, to save them from others that would hurt them because they were different and could do special things.

From there Mark learned to use his gifts but chose not to use them if he could. Well he made it through his elementary school years and through high school. From there he went to college but it was short lived as he got into the ROTC. With that training behind him he went to the Navy.

Well that was another short-lived time as he found there was way too much politics and back stabbing for him. So he got out after finishing his one tour. That led him to where he was now, a deputy, working for his father, who was the county sheriff.

Mark looked at his watch to see that two hours had past as he daydreamed. It was time for him to head over to another part of the county where there were several bars that would be closing soon.

Just as he was about to pull out onto the highway he felt an almost overwhelming sensation of happiness. It surprised him that it was so strong. He was sure some kids were going to come racing around the bend any minute.

The feeling of happiness continued to grow until Mark wasn't all too sure what was coming. Then a very big RV came around the corner and passed where he was.


It was really late. Dinner had been later than Cathy and Jen wanted and when they made Sheridan Wyoming they stopped for food and then let the kids, both big and little, play in an indoor park that the family eating place had. Everyone was still awake and bouncy but finally Cathy took the girls one at a time into the little bath and got them washed up for bed then handed them out to Cindy or Karen to dry and get them dressed. By the time Sara was done and out, an all out giggle fest was going on.

Mary and Tina were bouncing all over the place, tickling Matt and Jonny, then scampering away to tickle Cindy and Karen. They would let themselves be caught and get tickled then beg for the person to stop because they were going to pee. They would jump over to someone else and start all over again.

Jason was the only one not being pounced on as he was driving the RV and needed to concentrate on the road but was smiling because of all the laughter behind him. So Sara walked up and stood next to him for a moment and just as he turned his head a little to ask what she wanted she hissed him on the mouth, giggled and ran off to tickle Jen.

Jen was laughing already so as Sara had caught Jason on the mouth, which caused him to turned beet red, then mumble something and turned back to watching the road. It was so funny that she started laughing even more.

A moment later Karen stiffened then ran to the front of the RV, "Jason, slow down! A truck full of kids is going to come shooting from a side road! They're going to crash! Slow down so we're not part of it, Please!"

Jason knew if Karen said something was going to happen he had better react faster than she wanted. So he hit the brakes.

The laughter stopped, replaced by squeals of surprise as Jason all but slammed on the brakes. Luckily Tina, Mary, and Sara were able to jump into grownup arms and held on as the big RV came to a near stop. This was good as less than 30 feet a head of them a large pickup came flying onto the road. The driver tried to turn but was going too fast and the truck flipped.

Cathy and Cindy ran for the medical bags. Jonny and Matt grabbed the crowbars from the little coat closet. Jen and Sara started clearing and putting things away then grabbed extinguishers. Tina and Mary got out blankets and set them on the couch to be taken by the others when they got out.

By then the RV was stopped with Jason jumping out the little side door.


Mark pulled out onto the road. The happiness he felt coming from the RV had him smiling. He really loved that feeling. He was just coming around another corner when the feeling changed quickly. Then he saw the RV's tail lights come on and even kicked up some dust as it came to a stop.

Seconds later the sound of crunching mettle could be heard. Mark was able to see what looked like a truck coming to a stop on the other side of the road but it was on its top.

Mark flipped his lights on, called his office and told them about the accident and where it was to get the EMS and Fire departments rolling.

By then Mark came to a stop next to the RV in time to see a big man jump out.


Sara, Mary, and Tina knew they were too little to do anything more. So when all the others jumped out, they quickly got out of their jammies and into regular clothing. Then they went and sat in the big passenger seat to watch.


Jonny and Matt jumped out of the RV even before it stopped, followed by Jen and Karen. Matt wasn't sure what all he could do but as he came to the wreck that thought grew even stronger.

Karen had seen how bad it would have been if they had been involved. However, she knew it was going to be just as bad without. As she came along side Matt she found she was right.

She hit Matt in the chest with one of the blankets that she didn't know she picked up to get him to take it.

"Matt, take this and stay with one of the kids. Don't let them move around. Put the blanket over them to help keep them from going into shock or worse."

"Good thinking Karen," Jen said, "Look for injuries but don't move the kids. If the kid is bleeding really bad, give a yell and Cathy or I will come and help you."

"Oh ok, I can do that," Matt replied. He was glad that the two had told him what to do. It helped him start to think and it brought to mind some the things his father tried to drill into him. So Mat turned and went to a young man that was moaning softly.

Karen moved to a girl that couldn't have been older then she was. The girl was unconscious, which was good as Karen could see well enough from the lights coming from the RV that the girl's leg was clearly broken and the bone had come through the skin.

"Cathy!"


Jen checked another young man and knew there was nothing that could be done. The boy's head was nearly smashed in on one side but it was the angle of the head that told Jen the boy had a broken neck.


Jason had reached the truck. There were three bodies on the ground but he passed those to tend to the people in the truck. The driver was still in his seat and at an odd angle. Jason then guessed that the boy was still in his seat belt, but it was how the boy's head was that made it clear the boy was dead.


Jonny was on the other side of the truck to find a girl half in and half out of the cab. He looked her over quickly. She was still alive but wasn't going to before long if he wasn't quick. The girl's arm was severed and she was bleeding badly.

"Cathy! I have a girl with an amputated arm!" He yelled as he took his belt off to use as a tourniquet.


Cathy had gone to Karen who was closest. The patient had a compound fracture and was bleeding bad. She was glad the girl was in a skirt. It made it easier to work.

Quickly she took out a pressure dressing and carefully packed it around the bone that was sticking out.

Cathy then put a tourniquet around the upper part of the leg to slow the bleeding.

"Keep her covered and if she wakes don't let her move."

Cathy ordered then heard Jonny yell and went to where he was.


Cindy had gone too Matt to check the boy that was moaning. The boy had a gash on his head and one long one on his arm.

Cindy had helped her mother enough and had taken several first aid courses to know what to do. She had Matt hold a dressing to the boy's head as she took gauze with some tape and secured it. Then she did the same to the arm.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.