Redicovery and Loss
Chapter 1

 

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - This is the sequel to Regrets for a Miss. It would be advisable to read that first. The start of the story is based on a real incident that happened to friends and it led on to them marrying. But my story diverges from theirs to suit my tale. Their will be some sex, but again this is a romantic tale

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Pregnancy  

A Sequel to "Regrets For a Miss" To fully understand this story it should be read first

My name is Robbie Mclean and I am the head of The British Sales department for a large European Pharmaceutical Company. I earn a six figure sum per annum for the job carries a huge burden of responsibility. I have been in sales all my life and was very good at doing the job on the ground. Fortunately as I have worked my way up the corporate ladder I have also proved myself to be a good motivator and administrator so I don't get too stressed out by the job which has its perks. I live in a big house in Wimbledon Village which has access to its famous common and you can walk from their through a green area right into Richmond park and its vast acreage. So despite being in the middle of London it is a very pleasant place to stay, combining as it does the sense of living in a village and at the same time being a stone's throw from Central London where I work.

That being the case, you might wonder why I am standing here with my ten year old daughter in a bus shelter waiting on a bus that is currently being displayed on the sign as being delayed twenty minutes. The answer is twofold. The first is that there is a blizzard raging and the bus service is in chaos because of it. The second is that my young daughter was invited to the party of a friend from her private school and as she loves travelling in buses, she asked if we could do so on this occasion. When we left this morning it was a bright Sunny day though there was some snow on the ground but nothing to alarm us. So I agreed. You see at the moment I tend to give into my daughters requests as her mother died just over a year ago after a long struggle with cancer and she is still missing her terribly. By the time we left the party late that afternoon the conditions had changed drastically but I made my way to the bus stop.

As I was standing there in the gathering gloom another two people entered the bus shelter but I did not pay much attention. I was wondering if I should phone for a taxi and whether or not it would be able to get to us before the bus. Meantime, my daughter had started talking to the young boy who was standing there with his mother and appeared to be just a little older than her. As my daughter is a right chatterbox when she gets going the young man was not having to do much talking but was being regaled by all the things that went on at the party. I gazed over at the woman whom I assumed was his mother. She was a bit shabbily dressed and had the hood of her coat up so that I could not make out her features. I nodded to her and pointed to the sign above our head and said

"We may have a long wait. It is now saying a twenty five minute delay and it was only saying twenty minutes when I arrived."

She looked at me and said with a resigned, sigh and said.

"Well there is nothing we can do but wait."

I made up my mind and decided there was something I could do. I phoned a local cab company I used from time to time, told them who I was and where I was and asked if they could get a taxi to me within the next ten minutes. They responded with an offer of fifteen minutes and I accepted. With that I turned to the woman and asked her where she was heading and she had replied, "Tooting." Now this happened to be on our way to Wimbledon so I said to her,

"Look, I have just ordered a taxi and they have said they will have one here in fifteen minutes. Tooting is on our way and I will have him drop you off there and it won't cost you a thing."

She seemed hesitant about the offer but her son said,

"Come on mum, we don't know how long we will have to wait and I am freezing."

I jumped in and said, "Your son is right, you will be perfectly safe in a taxi and you will be getting out a good bit before me and my daughter."

She turned and looked me full in the face and nodded her acceptance of the ride and said, "Thank you."

As soon as she did that I was sure I recognised her. She was older, much less well dressed and her face looked a bit careworn, but her features were still classically beautiful. I hesitated a moment wanting to be sure, and then I said

"Carol Anne?"

She looked at me in bewilderment and asked,

"How do you know me?"

I smiled at her.

"I don't think I could ever forget you," I told her gently, "Though you seem to have forgotten me, or is it that you just don't recognise me?"

Now she looked at me more closely. My hair was a bit thinner and turning grey and I was bit fuller in the face, but I could see recognition dawning in her eyes.

"Robbie" she said questioningly, "Robbie McLean?"

"In the flesh," I said he to her. "This is an amazing coincidence, but I am so pleased to see you again."

She smiled a sort of strained smile and said, "As you can see things have not gone so well with me as they seem to have done for you."

I knew she was referring to her shabby appearance and contrasting it with my obviously expensively tailored suit and highly polished shoes. So I said to her, "That may well be true, but from what I see, you seem to be as beautiful as ever whereas I am probably fairing a bit worse in the looks department."

My daughter turned her attention away from the son and looked at the mother and like the precocious child she is, she studied her for a moment and then said,

"I think you are pretty too," she told her and then added, "but my daddy is very handsome as well."

I laughed at this and said,

"Carole Anne you will have to forgive my daughter, I keep telling her that she is ten going on forty."

She smiled but spoke to my daughter Miriam rather than me.

"Thank you for saying I am pretty," she said, "It is quite a long time since someone told me that, and you are quite right about your dad too, he is a handsome man, and he will probably tell you later why he knows me. He was once my boyfriend when I was younger."

Now she had the attention of both children, and her son who had been quiet till this point seemed just as precocious as my daughter for he blurted out,

"Then you would have been better off marrying him,"

His mother looked at him with a sad expression and said,

"As usual, John, you are probably right, but if I had you would not be here."

It was obvious that John had not thought through this point so he was silent for a moment and then said,

"But you might have been happy mum."

I was gathering from this, that whoever Carol Anne had married it had not been a happy affair.

She looked at me and said,

"You will have gathered from what John has just said that my marriage was not a happy one and towards the end he tried to be my comforter."

I felt that there was a lot more to going on in that relationship than what was being said here. I wanted to know more and to see if I could help, because obviously her present situation was not that good. Just at that point however our taxi arrived and the driver knew me as he had driven me on business several times.

"Good evening, Mr Mclean," he said.

"I am pleased to see you Joseph," I was wondering if I would be able to get a taxi at all tonight the weather is so bad."

"You were lucky sir," he said. "I was just coming back on shift when you phoned and since you are a good customer the boss moved you to the head of the queue and told me to come and get you."

I smiled and said, "I am glad that it pays to have some influence in the right places."

Joseph said, "Well I am glad I was the one to get you, you never know what you are going to pick up at this time of a Saturday evening."

I laughed and then said to him,

"Then you won't mind if we take up a bit more of your time and drop this lady of in Tooting before proceeding to Wimbledon."

"Not at all Sir, the longer I am with you the better I will like it. It will keep me away from possible drunks."

He opened the door for us and Miriam, John and Carol Anne all got into the back seat. I put down one of the jump seats and sat facing them.

Carol Anne looked at John and said,

"Give Mr. Mclean your seat and you take his."

As I was sitting across from her and looking at her, I said

"No John, you stay where you are and talk to Miriam. I want to talk to your mum."

I looked over at Carol Anne and said,

"I take it your marriage was not a happy one."

She shook her head and said, "No, I am divorced and the decree was just made absolute a few months ago."

"I am sorry to hear that," I said, "If I can help in any way please let me know,"

She smiled at me and said, "Thanks Robbie, but I don't think your wife would take too kindly to you helping out old girl friends."

"My wife died from cancer just over a year ago," I told her, "Miriam and I are still recovering from that loss."

Carol Anne put her hand to her mouth and said, "God John I am so sorry, I would not have said that if I had known."

"You could not possibly know that," I told her. "And I think I am coming to terms with it at last so I am ok talking about it."

"I am Glad, I would have been so sad to cause you fresh pain," She said.

"You did not do that," I said. "I am the stage where I want to talk about her and what she meant to Miriam and me. I am also in a very highly paid Job, have a beautiful house and a lovely daughter so I have much to be thankful for. I am also in the happy position of being able to help and old friend if she needs it" I told her.

"Robbie, after the way I treated you, I could not impose on you now."

"That is water under the bridge Carol Anne. Look, are you free tomorrow?" I asked.

"I take a Sunday School class at my local church." she told me, "but I am free after that."

"Good," I said. "Then I will pick you up straight from church and you and John can come and have lunch at my place, so which Church and what time?" I asked.

She hesitated and then said, "St. Johns URC,"

Then she told me where it was and that the service usually ended about half past twelve.

"Then I will pick you up outside the church, the roads should not be too busy at that time on a Sunday morning.

The taxi arrived at the address that she had given Joseph and it looked to be an area that was a bit run down but I did not make any comment. When Joseph opened the door, I got out and as she alighted I walked her and John to the door, and then said, "I will see you tomorrow."

I got back into the taxi and as John drove off, Miriam said,

"She is a very pretty lady dad and John and I got on really well while you were talking to his mum."

"That is good," I said, "because they are both coming to lunch tomorrow."

Miriam giggled and said, "I know that silly, John and I stopped talking when we heard you ask her that and we waited with bated breath to see what she would say."

"I take it then you are both glad she said yes?" I asked.

Miriam giggled and said, "Yes! It is so romantic meeting your old girl friend at a bus stop."

"You just hold your horses young lady; there is nothing romantic about me wanting to help an old friend who probably needs it." I told her.

The next morning we drove to the church and got there in good time. And I managed to find a parking space just opposite. When the service came out we easily spotted Carol Anne and John. She was more smartly dressed today and obviously kept some clothes to be her Sunday best and despite what I had said to my daughter the previous evening, my heart skipped a beat. Pregnancy had done nothing to mar her figure, though her hips may have been just a little bit fuller. All this did, however was to emphasise her small waist beneath her still magnificent breasts. When I reached her I stretched out my hand and took hers in mine and pulled her toward me. I smiled and said quietly in her ear, "Now that I see you in daylight, you are still breathtakingly beautiful."

She smiled and said, "Why thank you kind sir, as I said to your daughter last night I am not used to such compliments."

"Then perhaps you had better get used to it," I said, "Because I always found complimenting you a very easy task."

I looked round to see where the children were, but they were engrossed in their own conversation, so I called to them to come and take our hands and we walked across the road to my Jaguar. I could see Carol Anne's eyes widened at the sight of my top of the range gleaming new machine.

"My, we must be doing well." she said, as I opened the passenger door and allowed her into the seat beside the driver. I opened the rear door and Miriam jumped in immediately, but John looked up at me and said, "Some car sir, I have never been in a Jag before."

I smiled at him and said, "Then be my guest and enter. You can tell me what it felt like when we get to my place."

I got in and we drove away from the church and I glanced over at Carol Anne and I could sense that she was a bit tense about all this. Déjà Vu I thought.

When we drove up to the imposing structure that was my house, I opened the gates electronically and drove in and they shut behind me. Carol Anne looked in amazement then said, "When you told me you had a big house, I did not realise you meant a mansion."

"I smiled, "It is a bit big for two people," I said. "But my wife Esther and I had plans for filling it with more children. But the cancer struck her not long after we bought it and three years later she lost the battle. So we were never able to achieve that dream."

"I am sorry Robbie" she said touching my arm.

"That is OK," I said, "But we both loved this house and I don't want to give it up. It reminds me of her and the dreams we had. Surprisingly that does not make me feel bad but I find it a comforting reminder of what might have been."

John said, "Some place sir, does it have a swimming pool?"

I laughed and said, "No, but we do have a hot tub, in the back garden and if you want I can fire it up and you could have shot this afternoon."

"Is that like a Jacuzzi with bubbles and everything?" He asked.

"Yes" I told him.

"Cool," He said, but then his face fell and he said, "We don't have swimming costumes with us."

"Then you are lucky that my daughter often has her friends here and so I keep a selection of swimsuits for both boys and girls. I probably even have one that would fit your mum."

"Cool," he said again. "I would like to have a shot of that sir; it would be like being on holiday."

"John," His mother said, "Don't put Mr McLean to that trouble."

"It is not trouble," I said. "It starts at the push of a button. Besides it is very relaxing and I suspect both of you could do with a bit of relaxation.

At that she dropped her objections and we went into the house. After taking their coats and hats we went into the main sitting room and I asked if they would like a drink while I put on the lunch.

The children asked for cokes and I looked at Carole Anne, and she nodded that it was ok for John to have one.

"What about you?" I asked her.

"I would like a glass of red wine please." She replied.

I went through and put the gas on under the things I had prepared for lunch, poured out the drinks and re-entered the sitting room and gave them what they had ordered.

I have just prepared a light lunch," I said, "We can have it in the dining room if you wish, but I have a rather large kitchen with a dining table and it would probably be handier if we ate there."

"That will be fine," Carol Anne said, "but I really would like to see the house afterwards."

"Then it will be my pleasure to give you the grand tour," I told her.

Then I turned to John and said, "I have a very special room that you might enjoy. I have a large room at the top of the house. I think it was probably a billiard room at one time but I had it cleared, and it is now a train room. It is all laid out with stations, signals and several tracks which have interconnections. There are quite a few trains of different types and hosts of carriages. Not only will you want to see it, but we can all have a play with it if it does not bore your mum."

John's eyes widened with delight and he looked at his mum and said, "Can we do that mum?"

Carol Anne smiled and said, "Boys with their toys, but yes we will all have a time in the train room. I think I will enjoy playing with the trains too." But I don't know if we will have time for trains and Jacuzzis."

I said, to her, "Do you have anything to hurry back for?"

She shook her head and said "No I don't, but I don't want to impose on your hospitality.

"Then there is no hurry to leave," I told her, "Miriam and I will enjoy the company."

Miriam said, "Yes we will, and then I will have time to take John up to my room and we can play games on the computer.

"Don't let her organise you too much John," I told him. "She can be a little bossy boots."

He smiled and said, "I don't mind, I think she might have a lot of interesting things she will want to show me."

"On your head be it, then young man," I said to him with a smile, "But you have been warned."

We went through to the kitchen and I served up soup with warm crusty rolls and we finished up with Strawberries and ice cream. The children had orange Juice to finish and Miriam dragged John up to her room to show him her computer, Carole Anne and I were left to finish our coffee and biscuits in peace.

"Do you want to tell me what happened to your marriage?" I asked. "I am a good listener of you want to talk."

She told me that her husband had always told her what he wanted her to do and made the all the choices. She had not minded that at first and she had gone along with it as it made life easy and she did not have to make any decisions. But after they were married it got to the stage where he would punish her if she did not do what she was told or if he felt she had not done things properly. After John had been born and she had to give her attention to the baby he got more demanding and the punishments got more severe and turned into real beatings. Somewhere along the way, he had stopped going to church and started drinking and she had been hospitalised several times after being badly beaten. She did not tell her parents or anyone else what was going on because she was so ashamed. The doctors at the hospital on at least two occasions had made it clear that they did not think her injuries were the cause of an accident as she had claimed but she refused to do anything about it. Then one night John had tried to come to her rescue when he came home drunk and started to beat her up again. He had then beaten the boy up so badly that he had been hospitalised and this time the police were involved and the husband was charged with causing his son grievous bodily harm. He was tried and sent to prison and she had filed for divorce. When the dust settled she found that he had remortgaged their house and used the money to fuel his drinking habits and at the end of the day they were left homeless and penniless. She had managed to get an office job but the pay was not great and with the price of rented accommodation in London she was hard pressed to make ends meet.

It was a sad tale but even more sadly not all that unusual or unfamiliar. My heart went out to her. She had been an only child from a very loving home.

To have ended up in that kind of situation must have been devastating for her.

Her Christian principles would not have helped, because she may well have felt compelled to stay within the marriage bond as she had promised to do for better or for worse. In her case it turned out to be the very worst.

"Carole Anne, I am so sorry to hear that you have has such a hard time. When I knew you, you had a very good job and you were very good at it, could you not have taken up your career again."

She was almost crying now and she told me that when she married he had insisted that she give up her job as he expected her to be his wife and as his wife her job was to keep his house and bring up his children. In the early days she had been quite happy to do this but as his drink problem increased so the money he gave her for housekeeping decreased and she was struggling to make ends meet, but he still would not let her take a job. By the time he had been jailed, she had been out of the job market for so long it was hard to get a start anywhere. It also turned out that her father had been struck down by a bad stroke and her mother was his full time carer and Carol Anne felt she could not add to her burdens and so felt isolated and alone.

I did not say anything about jobs to her, but tomorrow when I got back to work I decided I would look at the vacancies in my department and see if I could find her something better than she had now. I told her that she was not alone, anymore, and that would see what I could do to help her.

"I can't impose on you like that," she said, "My problems are not your problems."

"I am making them my problems," I told her. "You are in no position to turn away any offers of help and your son needs you to accept help when it is offered. He is going to be a fine young man with the right kind of loving guidance. So don't you dare refuse what I can offer to you and to him?"

She dried her tears, and regained control of herself. The she said,

"You are the first person I have told about all this in any detail, except for the police when he hurt my son so badly."

"I am glad you confided in me and now you know that you have someone you can turn to if you need to talk or even if you just need a shoulder to cry on.

Now before we call the children and go up to the train room, I want to come to some arrangement with you about the immediate future. I want to be your friend so next weekend, I want you and John to come here on Friday might and stay till Sunday night."

I saw a look of alarm on her face at this. But I went on without giving her a chance to speak.

"Don't worry, you will have your own bedroom and John will have his next door. As you well know I am not the kind of man who will pressure you into any kind of relationship you don't want. But because of the situation you are in, I think you need some kind of relationship with a man, so that John has some other male to model himself on to counteract the brutality he experienced with his father. To some extent, I will try to be that counterbalance for him and we will see how things develop in the future. I am not the same man you turned down the last time, and you are not the same woman, so I am not looking for that kind of relationship with you right now. That is not the same as saying; I won't ever want to have a deeper relationship with you. It is just that I don't think either of us is ready for it right now. I hope that makes you feel better about the help I am prepared to offer,"

She nodded her head at this and said, "Thank you Robbie, I was being silly to think you would make demands on me in return for my help. There is just one problem about the week end, I need to go to church on Sunday for I am in charge of the Sunday school and they depend on my leadership."

"That is no problem," I said, "I will run you there and maybe even sit through the service. Miriam has never been in a church, her mother was Jewish, though not very diligent in her religious observance but from time to time she and Miriam would attend the Synagogue.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.