The Adventures of the Cruiser Rachel - Cover

The Adventures of the Cruiser Rachel

Copyright© 2011 by Apa Maximtrz

Chapter 4

Base 45, BWNS Rachel 1000hrs

I walked into the prince's office. "Captain 2nd class Brenda Mallow reporting for Meeting with the prince." I tell the aide. Who jumps up saluting, "Aye Captain please wait here." the SR. LT. tells me. He then walks into the office. Saluting the prince and saying "Your Highness Captain Mallow is here for your 1000hrs meeting." "Send her in SR. Lt." the Prince tells him. "At once my prince." he exclaims. The aide exits the room "He will see you now Captain." "Thank you SR Lt." I say and enter the room.

I Bow and then salute, "Captain 2nd Class Brenda Mallow Reporting as ordered Sir." I say. "At ease Captain." the prince says. I move to parade rest. "Captain I have been looking over your Jacket and I am impressed at the Awards you have Accumulated. And As befitting a Commander of your Stature I am giving you Command of Task Group Kilo 8. Under your command will be 3 Omega II Class Light Cruisers, and 8 Omega I Class Destroyers. As the Picket Commander I will be leaving you in charge of the System when I leave tomorrow to do battle with the Draconis Military. While I am gone my orders to you are to Defend this Base and system, if you are overwhelmed than retreat and Regroup with the main force. The backup system is System 6765 Foxtrot, a G8 Star System meeting is around the 5 planet. God Speed Captain." Prince Maxi Says and he rise and salutes me "Carry out your orders Captain as if they were the Alpha's." I salute back than bow before I leave the room.

Outlaying systems 19 hours from base 45 1030hrs.

"Sir 3 hrs. Till attack the intelligence states that a small force of ships will be left to defend the system." a XO tells his captain. "Excellent proceed with the plans, signal the Squadron to close up." the Captain tells his crew. "Yes Sir." the Crew Exclaim. The 8 ship Squadron Closes with base 45 waiting to fire their missiles.

BWNS Rachel 1300 hrs.

"Captain, the Prince Admiral Says that they are leaving ASAP we are to activate TG Kilo 8," the Communications officer tells me. "Very well let the Ships know that a group meeting will be at 1200 hrs. Tomorrow. And set system wide condition 3," I say "Yes Ma'am the Crew exclaims as they move to do the work. The Capital Ships of Prince Maxi's Fleet Leave the Base orbit and reach H-Space. Heading to do battle with the Draconis Military. 'Captain the Wolfies have left and we can attack!" the XO of the Attacking Squadron tells his Skipper.

"H-Print! 8 Sources, looks like BB-DN Class Weight. They have deployed Missile Units." the Tac Officer tells me. "Condition Red, set all Ships to Max alert and set course to the limit I want to get a parting shot, Start the Evacuations. Sensors Get me a Nationality Check, Let's move people. I yell as I change into my Combat Suit. The Alarms are sounding throughout the Ship as personnel and Marines Rush to their Duty Stations.

"Skipper we have 12 Warships in system, 8 Destroyers and 4 Cruisers, we outweigh them so max attack target the base." "Yes Sir." the 8 Ship Squadron turns and presents their Broadside tubes and each ships Fires 8 Salvos of 50 missiles each. 3200 Capital Attack missiles are fired at 29,000,000 kms. with a flight time of 25mins.

"Captain Missile's inbound 3200 missiles inbound targeting the station." the EW officer tells me. "ok Have the Destroyers change their missiles to counter missiles and fire 3 launches of Counter missiles, than fire 2 salvoes of Ship Killers, the CL's and us we will go max fire on the incoming ships. Let me know when the last ship is heading away from the station. Release the Missile Units" I say

The Heavy Cruiser Rachel, and her Light Cruiser Cohorts move and turn their Broadside tubes, also the missile units attached to the hull detach and Fire, the Rachel fires 900 missiles, and the 3 Light Cruisers fire 400 missiles each, all together TG Kilo 8 Fires 2100 Capital missiles that are fired at 30,000,000kms. With a slightly shorter flight time of 21 mines. The 8 Destroyers of Kilo 8 have 6 missile tubes each 8x6=48 missiles, or Counter missiles fired each, the 8 Destroyers fire 3 Salvos of 48 counter missiles in each Salvo 48x3= 144x8= 1152 counter missiles are fired. The Counter missiles move out and detonate around the incoming missile swarm taking out 900, a further 700 are taken out by the Stations Point Defense but 1600 Capital missiles close to attack range and detonate causing Massive damage, while 3 missiles reach deep and hit the Fusion Plant destroying the Base with all the Personnel left who had not evacuated.

"Captain we have destroyed the base and 2100 missiles are inbound from the cruisers!" the Draconis Ship Commander says. "Return fire and counter launch!" "Yes sir." The Draconis squadron launches counter missiles and of the 2100 inbound missiles 200 are ECM Birds, and 100 are jammers, the rest are ship killers. The Draconis counter missiles fire and take down 200 missiles and the point defense kills another 300, the remaining missiles bore in and separate 200 missiles targeting on each of the Draconis ships. The missiles detonate and send Gamma radiation into the hulls of the ships. Alarms and explosions' ring out on all the Draconis ships. "Damage report!" the Draconis Commander yells as his ship shakes and explosions "Sir we have lost 60% combat effectiveness, also all ships show heavy damage, the Wolfies must have had those 4X system units. That is the only way those ships could throw that kind of weight." the TAC officer yells and ducks as his panel blows up showering sparks all around the bridge.

Of the 8 Draconis ships all show Heavy damage and they can't close to destroy the wolf Task group. The Draconis Ships only got 100 missiles off before the wolf's missiles hit their ships. The Destroyers kill all 100 missiles before they could close to attack range.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.