Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 6 - Apprentice
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2011 by Risq

DJ, Amber, Logan, Marilyn, and Jason reached the last city just outside of Lori's home without too much of a problem. They would soon be at her home to start DJ off on his training in magic.

The trip was eventful with many men who kept asking after Amber and Marilyn to do everything from sitting with them, asking for a dance, to the blatant request to visit their room. Some didn't even want to wait for nightfall for that to take place.

Marilyn often got most men to leave her alone by telling them she was only fourteen and her father was a Count with a bad temper. Most men either left embarrassed or turned to Amber and tried harder for her attention. For those men who didn't leave Marilyn alone she pointed at that the rather large youth sitting next to her and explained that he was her very jealous boyfriend.

The look on Jason's face made most men move on. He was close to their height and the size of the muscles in his arms made them think twice about persisting. His look wasn't very welcoming or inviting. Most men decided that he often looked like he was just itching to hurt them.

One thing that impressed DJ was that Amber was slowly mastering the art of keeping her temper and telling the men "no thanks" without making it a threat of physical violence. A few persisted, but even as DJ saw the anger flash in her face and eyes, Amber still managed to keep her voice even as she told them that she was here with her boyfriend and didn't want to be disturbed.

Eventually she took to grabbing a hold of his hand when she saw any man headed their way and almost all of the men, but the most determined, took that as a hint to move on without stopping by to bother her.

While Amber enjoyed the feeling of his hand in hers, she was surprised that DJ didn't react to her calling him her boyfriend like she hoped as often as she did it. She knew they still weren't official until he said it publicly as well, but since she already knew that he liked her she really wanted him to say it too. She wanted him to acknowledge her as the one he wanted above anyone else.

Even though the trip took a week to make they made good time and DJ was learning a lot even though he wasn't used to riding. He complained vary rarely and tried to not show his soreness from the new experience. But every time dismounted after a long ride he was sure his legs would permanently be stuck in the "bow legged" position.

The only major disturbance came when they stopped one last time about two days out. They figured that they would push on and be at Lori's that night instead of stopping and arriving two days later.

They decided to stop at an Inn in the city just over from where Lori and Mark lived since it was so late. The Inn was a large one that even had a dance floor. Marilyn wanted to dance and she quite easily convinced Jason to go out there with her.

It was obvious that men were watching her move as she danced around, but Jason in his sleeveless shirt with large muscled arms that were faintly glistening with sweat convinced the same men that looking was far safer than approaching her. Especially since she only danced with Jason and turned everyone one down flat the first few times they asked.

When they saw Jason scowl, even though they politely asked, they quickly moved on at her refusal. Why tempt fate any more than they had so far they reasoned.

DJ was seated and looking around at all the new people around him. Amber had asked him once about dancing as well, but he begged off.

While he was getting used to the horse he knew his legs wouldn't support him if he danced on them. Amber, who figured out what was going on already, accepted it because she knew he was trying to appear strong while still in some pain from the ride.

Logan decided to take a break from dancing with only a few of the women who asked him. He made it a point to only dance with the older women who were far too old for his motives to be called into question.

Even then he wouldn't let them get too close in case Jordan found out. Last thing he needed was to discover was if Jordan did in fact have her mother's temper he thought. He decided to go outside for a bathroom break to keep it from looking like he was there for the women.

Amber who had been seated next to DJ offered to go get a refill for them. DJ offered to do it, but Amber, knowing how sore he was, grabbed the mugs and took off before he could get up.

DJ smiled as she did and he watched her move away from their table with growing interest. She hadn't brought any of her normal clothes with her. He noticed how well what she had on worked for her as he watched in fascination her walk away from the table in her snug shirt and pants.

He was sure Amber must have borrowed the clothes from her mother because the one time he saw her Amber's mom was dressed similarly. But while Amber had her mother's very narrow waist and killer ass, Amber was much larger in the chest than her mother. So much that the top was tight enough that she had to leave three or four buttons unbuttoned just to breath.

And he had to admit that each breath she took was something to watch.

Having her out of her baggy clothing and into these clothes also served to give Amber an impressive cleavage that always seemed to be pointed his direction.

DJ hated that his body was responding like it was, but there was no way to stop that purely physical attraction. Try as he might, as soon as she got close to him that attraction hit him right between the eyes, hard.

As he watched the crowd in the room swallow Amber up DJ was starting to admit to himself that she was really growing on him like a wild fire gone out of control. He would have had to have been blind to miss how hard she desperately wanted him to like her back. There was something to be said for that type of attraction as well.

He also hadn't seen any of her surliness or bitchy attitude from when he first arrived. Also missing was the deep anger or her quick irritation with him. It was now hard to miss that Amber was trying to impress, especially since his father pointed it out to him.

A few times she looked to be sad, but just a moment of him sitting and talking with her and her alone always cheered her up. It was all she needed when those moments happened, and during them DJ also learned what made Amber tick. He actually found she was quite fascinating as he learned many things about her life and how she made due with what little she had compared to what he grew up with.

In all, having such an attractive and stunningly well-built girl wanting him this badly wasn't such a bad thing he figured. It could be far worse, and it made his trying to come up with reasons to not get involved with her harder to come up with.

Quite a few nights he dreamed of her getting naked, throwing him hard down on the ground, climbing on him, and then sexually ravaging him. DJ was amazed that he found he wasn't fighting very hard to get away from Amber in those dreams. Before long he found he was looking forward to having those dreams.

DJ was sitting back with his eyes closed and his hands behind his head stretching for a few minutes. It felt good to be out of the saddle and off the bouncing horse. As he replayed those dreams DJ was also lost in thought about the first and only time that he felt up Amber during their only kiss. Those tight pants kept reminding him of what he held onto every time he saw her walk away from him.

Before long those pants of Amber's were his only thought as he started to slowly tent his own pants, right up until he felt someone seat themselves on his lap pinning his half erection between them.

Startled and opening his eyes, DJ was confronted with a petite woman now seated on his lap with her arms now draping themselves in a familiar position.

"JOI! What ... what are you doing here?!" said DJ startled and a bit too loudly, even to his own ears.

"Well handsome, while I'm happy that you still remember me, though right now you aren't acting like it. Even after I thought I'd come all the way over and say hi. The girls and I were on our way back to the guild and I saw you sitting over here at the back of the room and I thought I'd come over and say hi.

"Maybe I'll take you back to my room and give you that test ride I offered before. I know you're interested in it because I can feel that interest as I'm sitting here," said Joi softly

While smiling and talking to him so seductively she somehow also managed to slowly and deliberately rotate and rolled her hips in a circular pattern from that awkward position, and DJ knew that she could feel him because he could feel himself growing even harder now with her hips on him doing what she was doing. The seductive look she had was forcing him to respond.

Then she slightly tilted her head to the side and slowly started to lean in closely to his face, like she was going to kiss him, and she started to close her eyes as her lips parted.

"Joi, it's not that I don't like you, because you are very pretty. But I really think you should get u..." started DJ nervously, but then he trailed off.

DJ had often heard of a killing intent in martial arts, but he honestly didn't believe in it. He had no idea how anyone could claim to sense one. How could anyone say that they could sense the bloodlust behind someone wanting you or someone near you dead?

But that night he felt it for the first time.

Suddenly he felt like death was looking over his shoulder as a cold chill raced up his spine, and he looked sharply to his right. There he saw standing not all that far away from the table was Amber holding two mugs, and she wasn't look at all happy.

He could clearly see her face, and while it wasn't a mask of anger or rage, her pretty deep emerald green eyes were now very red. Not just any red, but the part of her eyes that made them green had now changed to an extremely bright blood red.

And they were glowing!

DJ though he was going to wet his pants and the sight completely killed his erection. The calm manner, near almost blank expression on her face, combined with the look of her eyes was truly terrifying

Following his gaze by the way he jerked backwards, because of how close to his face she was it surprised her, and DJ felt Joi jump as she jerked sharply backwards herself away from him, and she now looked at Amber's face in shock as well.

Joi's eyes were as big as dinner plates as she looked at Amber's expression, her own now bordering on terror itself.

"I believe you are in my seat," was all Amber said quietly with glowing eyes.

Even though it was barely at a whisper, it was clearly heard by the two of them over the other noises in the room. It was almost as if she was shouting because they heard it so distinctly.

While soft and flat, that tone carried an immense amount of malice with it, enough that DJ again felt the cold chill race up his spine. It was all he could do not to shiver from it.

But the effect of that voice and her eyes served to cool any ardor that Joi might have had, and scrambling she quickly got out of DJ's lap and stood by his chair. The two of them were carefully watching Amber.

DJ, now looking back and forth between them as he realized that Amber was only staring at Joi, realized that he needed to defuse this situation quickly. Even though the other woman looked to have more experience by the way she moved, something told him that Amber could kill her quite easily and not break a sweat while doing it.

And if he didn't work fast she still just might.

"Joi, this is my girlfriend Amber Griffith. Amber this is Joi who is a friend of my Dad's. They were in the same guild together..." said DJ hopefully before his voice then trailed off.

Amber seemed almost casual as she first put the mugs on the table while DJ was talking. She then seated herself on DJ's lap like Joi had been, tilted her head down a touch so she could look deep into DJ's eyes for a moment. She did it so she could derail anything else he may have been thinking about saying.

She then draped her arms over his shoulders like Joi had just done before she turned and looked at Joi.

Joi meanwhile stood by trying to figure out what she should do.

These actions by Amber felt like Amber was staking a claim and was just now making sure DJ was aware of it to her, for more than because she had that claim with him already. Joi just didn't get that I have a girlfriend vibe from DJ earlier but she did get one of possession from Amber now.

"Oh, was it the Lion's Pride guild?" asked Amber almost casually as she then gave Joi her attention again.

She then waited while looking up at Joi waiting for a response. Joi could easily see that Amber was making it a point to mark her territory. She had been very assertive in making sure Joi got away from DJ as quickly as possible.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.