Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 6 - Apprentice - Cover

Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 6 - Apprentice

Copyright© 2011 by Risq

Chapter 10

Dusty and Suzan quickly made a few plans between them, agreed on them, and then set about separately doing them.

First thing Dusty wanted to do was make sure the kids were taken care of. He knew that getting DJ started on his training was important right then and so he made a quick call to Lori. Talking as fast as he could Dusty then explained what was going on and why he needed to send the kids to her home.

Telling Lori he had the emergency covered he made the plan to send their kids, along with Amber and Jason, to Lori. He would have them travel by horse so that DJ could see the world he would now be living in for a while.

Lori wanted to come, but she realized that Dusty had a point about training DJ and she really needed to also work with her son Duncan. She was curious why she had eventually lost interest in testing him and why she just accepted so easily that he didn't have magic instead of trying to make sure. Was that also part of his power?

Suzan called Rachel and Daniel and asked them to come with them to go check on Charles. If Kat was right and he was attacked with all the security he had, they needed someone to help watch their backs and she wanted someone she trusted to accompany them.

Since Seth and Marie had Lexy and their group was already on their way back home Suzan didn't want to have them turn around and then stick the crown prince somewhere. He was their responsibility and Suzan knew they took it seriously and wouldn't be available until they returned Lexy to the castle first.

So they were out for now.

But Rachel and Daniel would work just as well and since they could get Amber and Jason to take DJ along with Logan and Marilyn to Lori's home. That would free them up to come with them. Once that was out of the way Suzan decided she would also pack the clothing and Dusty would go get with the cooks about travel provisions to take for the four of them.

Right as he finished his list of items, Dusty went to the library to make sure there wasn't something there he needed to think about taking with them before they left.

He heard the door open and close and then a tentative "Dad, do you have a minute? Can we talk a second?"

Turning he saw DJ standing there, but he was looking a little lost and in shock.

Dusty was sure based on what he just saw DJ doing with Amber earlier that he should be on cloud nine, but he looked confused instead.

"What's up son? Something I can help you with?" asked Dusty gesturing at a chair and taking one himself. After they were seated the agitated boy started talking.

"Dad, maybe I'm still upset about being stuck here ... maybe something in the water or air is effecting me ... but ... but I just did something and I ... I'm not sure how to take it back!" said DJ flustered.

Realizing that something major was up Dusty decided to first sit and listen a bit more to DJ talk. Something was really bothering him and he needed to get it out.

"Amber was out there with me a few minutes ago and I kissed her. I mean, I didn't mean for it to happen, but it, well, just happened! I mean nothing really happened. Well I mean something happened! But I didn't plan for it too!

"It ... it was just ... because this morning ... I mean ... she looked really hot ... I mean scalding, and ... and ... and she had on all this makeup, and ... and ... and she wasn't wearing bra! She had on a tight shirt ... and ... and my god she's racked! And ... and ... she felt so nice ... I ... I ... don't mean just nice but incredible ... and I ... I ... I..." said DJ looking lost while gesturing wildly with his hands

DJ was looking all around the room at everything, including his father, as he grew more animated in his frustration as he talked. It was easy to see that he was confused and baffled as to why he just did what he did. DJ was trying to take all the blame for what they did because he saw it as his weakness.

"Son, so what really is the problem here then? So you kissed her, that's not really a big deal. Don't you like Amber DJ?" asked Dusty quietly, interrupting DJ and cutting to the chase.

"No Dad, she's a real bitch," said DJ quite frankly as he stopped gesturing and fixed his father with a stare.

Way that DJ went from flustered to outraged made Dusty just chuckle softly for a second as he looked at DJ looking at him.

Dusty could tell that DJ wanted him to understand that this was his how he saw her and he was confused by his attraction to her. Someone that he more than likely would normally avoid spending too much time with was someone he couldn't explain his wild attraction too.

"So your saying that the little head started thinking for the big head, and now that the big head is back in charge he's not so sure that you were doing the right thing," said Dusty smiling.

DJ looked embarrassed and looked away.

"Well you aren't the first guy whose hormones kicked in before his brain caught up with them. Son there are some things about Amber you need to understand. First she is from a family of warriors and fighters. All the people in her family, men and women, are trained from a young age how to fight. That's her main focus and driving factor in everything she does. Her world breaks down simply to those who can fight and those who can't.

"Then there is the fact she's a Battlemage. That right there is another added factor in her life. The moment she was labeled as one she was put at the top of the pecking order of her family. She was trained by them to be the best fighter, the best mage, well the best of everything. She was forced to learn all kinds of things at an accelerated rate. She's had to work very hard just to live up to what everyone expected of her.

"She's had to grow up fast because there is always someone who's looking to make a name for themselves by killing a Battlemage, someone always wanting to fight one for just about any given reason. Her family knows this and they wanted to give her the best chance at surviving. She has never been able to let down her guard around anyone for any reason. She never had any reason to be anything else but a fighter.

"And then you came along," said Dusty smiling.

DJ stared at his father, trying to figure out where this was going. Realizing that he had DJ's attention Dusty continued.

"DJ, she changed her look for you. Amber did it because she likes you, a lot. You didn't fit into anything she was ever trained for. You weren't ever to be part of her life's equation or part of her life. Amber has never had to be a girl or young woman before now. She's never had to try to make someone see her as a female, and to be honest, before you came she never really cared if she was or wasn't seen like that by anyone else.

"But mainly she's been acting like she has no idea what to do, being so aggressive, and so hard to handle because she doesn't know "how" to be a girl that would interest you. She never had to before. So she's been flailing and floundering around trying to figure out what to do using the only tools she's been working with up until now. But eventually she's now realizing that what she was doing wasn't working so she went out on a limb and tried something new.

"For you, she's now trying very hard to learn how to be a girl you might like as fast as she can to build up your interest in her. I think if you give her a little more time, try to get to know her better, and maybe understand what her day to day life is like. Maybe then you'd then see that she's really a fantastic young woman.

"One who is doing a lot for a young man she feels is very special to her. She is always trying to be everything to everyone and is only doing the best she can. Right now she's finally doing something for herself," said Dusty

DJ looked thoughtful for a moment as he sat with both his hands clasped in front of him.

"DJ I can't tell you what to do or who to love, but I can tell you that sometimes first impressions aren't always correct, especially when you're talking about different cultures or ways of life different than what you are used to.

"In this world everyone struggles daily just to survive. They struggle with expectations and they struggle with each other. If you give her a real chance you might just be surprised. You might see how she is struggling to quickly learn how to do the same for you," said Dusty smiling.

DJ just nodded as he sat in thought.

After a few minutes of letting DJ sit and think Dusty spoke again.

"DJ, Suzan and I need to help a friend. We're taking Rachel and Daniel with us. I know I said I would do your training, but I've asked Lori to teach you some of the basics of magic until I get back. I don't want you to do what I did and blow out a wall with your first spell. I want you to travel to her home by horse back so that you can see the world that you will be part of for a while. It will help you further adjust to your new surroundings for a while. I'll lend you some clothes to travel in.

"Also, Amber will be with you and I would like for you to really give her an honest chance. Try to look at life from the view point of someone who's now confused about how she saw her life going, and is now trying to do something she may not feel comfortable with, but doing it to make you notice her. If you do that you may learn a great deal about her.

"You both are breaking new and unexpected ground as you try to fit each other into your lives. You both have to make a lot of unexpected changes. Both of you should understand how the other feels more than anyone else right now. Can you promise me to keep an open mind?" asked Dusty.

Dusty saw DJ just lightly nod as he stayed lost in thought.

Dusty squeezed his shoulder as he got up and went past him. It seems that there was more going on than he thought behind that simple kiss.

DJ sat for a while just thinking before he went to borrow some clothes and pack a bag. He knew that he would need more clothing long term, but his Dad was closer to his build than Logan was.

But as DJ left his mind was still in a whirl over Amber, how she looked, how he felt about her at first, how he felt now, and how he felt about being trapped here. If his father was right, then both he and Amber had a lot more in common that he first realized.


Amber was making her way home and was confused.

DJ acted like she always hoped he would. When she kissed him, and he pulled her close, she had felt him down there while she was up against him. As he cupped her butt holding her against him it was clear he was very hard. She knew guys got hard down there, but she hadn't ever felt anyone press it against her before. For some reason it excited her and made her heart race instead of making her want to kill him.

But after the kiss DJ mumbled something and raced off red in the face. She hadn't even got to do it again, and she really wanted too. She wanted to feel his chest again and his body pressed against her.

It was the first time she got to really feel it and he was willing to let her do it. She also really liked how he held her butt as they kissed. That was the first time she ever liked to have it touched like that. For some reason it made her all warm and fuzzy inside.

Riding up to the house she rode right past the stable and the stable hand had to come get her horse from her as she absentmindedly walked around the yard randomly with it. She hadn't realized she was still holding the reigns while she was lost in thought.

Eventually she made it into the house and her mother saw her come and steered her into the living room to question her. She closed the doors behind them and seated her daughter on the couch and sat next to her.

By her reaction Rachel feared DJ had rejected her and it went badly.

"Honey how was it? Are you ok?" asked Rachel gently.

Amber just nodded as she continued to stare off in the distance.

"Honey what happened?" asked Rachel.

"I kissed him," said Amber quietly.

Rachel waited but nothing else was forthcoming so she pressed on.

"Annnaddd," said Rachel.

"We kissed for quite a while and then he turned red in the face and ran off," said Amber.

"Amber you just surprised the boy and you changed how you looked. He's going to need time to absorb all of this. But you said you kissed him right? Was it any good? Did he do anything while you were kissing each other?" asked Rachel hoping that it still might work out.

She saw the broad grin breakout over her daughter face as she turned enough that she could now look directly at her mother. The storm clouds of uncertainty were long gone as she smiled.

"Soooooo that was your first kiss! Now tell me all about it," said Rachel smiling now herself.

That was a very good sign Rachel thought.

Now concentrating on her mother, Amber described in great detail everything that she did up to and during the kiss, including her feeling on DJ and his feeling all over on her butt. She said that he gave her a pretty through examination as he did it.

Amber explained how it felt to have DJ's arms around her and how he kept kneading and massaging her butt the entire time they kissed. Amber also said how great it made her feel as he did it. That it made her feel like she was his and he was hers.

Rachel listened to Amber's descriptions of the action and gave her a few pointers on what she could have done differently in everything from eye contact, speech, and even down to the kissing.

While speaking Rachel found that she was impressed with everything that Amber had done. Amber exceeded her expectations and managed to conquer some of her own fears in the process about what she wanted to do with DJ to get him to like her.

Rachel knew based on DJ's actions, as told to her by Amber, that he at least physically liked her daughter a lot. So far he hadn't gotten close that close to any other girl or reacted like that with them. That really meant that had the best chance to catch and keep him.

That gave them something to start with.

"Ok, well you have your foot in the door and he's not going to forget what happened easily. Now you just need to show him how you can fit into his life. Once you do that you'll have everything you worked so hard for," said Rachel smiling.

"So how do I do that?" Amber asked her mother.

"Well it seems that Dusty needs to go visit a friend and he asked your father and I to come with Suzan and he, because his friend was attacked. He asked that you and Jason travel with Marilyn, Logan, and DJ to Lori's house so that DJ can see the world and start to learn magic from Lori. I accepted for you," said Rachel smiling.

The smile on her daughters face could have lit a thousand cities.

"Just remember, be on your best behavior while you travel. Don't get mad and let your temper rule you. Don't get into fights because you often lose control. And don't let anyone goad you into anything that makes you look bad or jealous. When the time is right do what we talked about and it will put you several steps closer to him.

"If you let DJ see what you have to offer him he'll be yours. He wouldn't have let you kiss him or touched you like that for so long if there wasn't some interest in you, so just build on it and everything will work out," said Rachel as she rose from the couch.

Suddenly Amber was the happiest she could remember being.

Getting up Amber quickly and tightly hugged her mother and then rushed to her room to pack. Her mother entered her room to intercept her before she packed too much and quickly changed out almost all of Amber's packed clothing with some of her own. She then made Amber change out of the baggy clothes she had just put on into one of her brown traveling outfits for the trip.

Rachel was sure that having her daughter continue to dress differently so that DJ saw more of her body would help her go a long way to reaching her ultimate goal. She knew that Amber really had no idea how well built she really was. If Amber just showed it off to DJ it would be that much harder for him as well to resist her, given his reaction to the new Amber.

It would take just over a week to reach Jordan's house and as she finally left the house Amber was definitely ready to spend that time with DJ, learning about him.


Amber seemed to drag Jason along and they made fantastic time getting back to Dusty's house. It wasn't that Jason didn't want to be near Marilyn, but he changed his clothes twice and repacked his bag a few times for the trip. By the third time Amber grabbed his bag, stuffed it full of clothes herself and raced for the door.

Jason was hot on her heels and was still half dressed, pulling up his pants as he ran.

Amber then took off and Jason was trying to catch up and was still fastening his clothing. Jason hadn't remarked on her new look because he saw it the night before. He, like everyone else, figured his sister had decided to try to act more feminine than she had so far.

Reaching the yard, but not quite the house, Amber tried not to be too obvious as she looked around for DJ. Marilyn and Logan already had changed into traveling clothing and were mounted and waiting on their horses.

A few minutes later the front door opened and Dusty and DJ came out.

DJ had changed from his black shirt and blue jeans into some looser clothing that he had borrowed from his father. They were a little loose, but Amber already knew first hand that it wasn't because he couldn't fill them out, and she found that she desperately yearned to touch him again as she watched him move. Suddenly she understood what her mother meant about her feelings for her father.

They couldn't hear what last minute instructions Dusty was giving DJ, but he silently nodded as Dusty reached out and squeezed one of his shoulders, and DJ turned and headed for the group.

Dusty went back inside to finish getting ready to leave himself.

Everyone was facing the house watching for DJ. He managed to reach the horses right as Amber and Jason rode up. Logan and Marilyn saw them from a distance and once they rode up the two of them turned with a greeting on their tongues for the two of them.

And as they did they got their first real good look at Amber.

"Whoa! My God, who's the babe and what did they do with Amber?" was all Logan said as he first quickly whistled and then checked her out.

She was wearing a light brown shirt that seemed to be contoured to her figure and was straining to contain her large chest, and from what they could see the form fitting darker brown buckskin style pants of her mother's that seemed to be fighting a desperate battle of their own to hold in her shapely butt.

They appeared to be sprayed on her around her hips, but were much looser around the thighs and legs. Amber had just a little more rounded butt than what her mother had.

"I'm going to tell Jordan that you said that," said his sister with a big smile as she watched her brother check out her friend as DJ started for the group.

"Fine, I don't care, it's not like Blaine or Duncan probably won't also say the same thing when they see her. Duncan might actually complement a girl for once when he gets a good look at Amber," said Logan once again giving Amber the once over.

Marilyn just turned and smiled at Amber after the short exchange between her and Logan, and then she watched Amber watch DJ at her front door talking to their father.

Amber tried not to blush, but it wasn't all that hard since she was really concentrating on DJ waiting for a reaction from him as he approached and then later inspected his horse with what limited knowledge he had about them and what he needed to do.

As he checked his horse he tried not to look her way. DJ had only ridden a horse a few times growing up and had no idea if what he was doing was what he needed to do, but he was doing it because he was still nervous about what happened earlier between the two of them. He had no idea why he let it go as far as he did between them before he stopped it.

Not being able to stall any longer, and finally mounting the horse, DJ turned and faced the group.

The sight of Amber hit him just as hard as it did when she first showed up that morning. He could hear his own heart beating loudly in his ears. She was still scaldingly hot he realized, and dressed like she now was, he was still having that strong reaction to her presence. Somehow the way she was now dressed made it even more intense.

At least now she had on a bra, but in knowing what it was holding up, he was just as entranced with her as he was earlier. The shirt she was wearing did nothing to hide their size or minimize their appearance like her normal baggy clothing did.

Turning slightly red DJ refused to break eye contact and watched her face as she watched him. He didn't want her to think he was scared of her for any reason given how he reacted earlier when he ran for the house after their kiss.

While looking at her he could see a small amount of trepidation, a touch of nervousness, and possibly "hopefulness" in her face as she seemed to look at him and only him. He felt himself wanting to comfort the one person who he though he wouldn't normally let touch him because of how mean she could be.

Recalling his father's words he knew Amber just wanted him to accept her and what she did to make it happen. Was she really just nervous and that's why she was so mean all the time? Maybe he should look a little deeper into what made her tick.

"So, what do you think DJ? Does Amber pass the test? Doesn't she look very pretty?" asked Marilyn trying to help out, and not being aware of what had happened earlier.

Her questions broke the ice of the staring contest going on between Amber and DJ.

Marilyn wanted to help Amber snare the first male she had ever shown interest in. It wasn't lost on her that Amber was trying hard to impress her brother.

As Marilyn did that DJ realized that Amber was wanting for some sign that he liked the new look on her, and he recalled what his father said again.

He had to smile to himself internally to know that she did this all for him.

"Gotta say green eyes, you do look completely stunning," said DJ with a smile.

Amber shyly smiled at him as she then slowly turned her horse to lead the way out. The rest of the group quickly followed suit.

Jason, who was always so caught up into being with Marilyn finally realized what was going on and why his sister did what she did to her face.

He just thought it was something girls did, and his sister finally gave into the pull to do it, but as he looked between DJ and his sister he realized it wasn't. He could see the extremely heavy interest for himself that his sister now had in DJ. He would have ribbed her harder last night when she came in if he had known she had done this for a boy.

They started off with Amber out in front, Jason and Marilyn riding side by side, and then DJ and Logan together. Over the course of a few minutes, and by some form of silent agreement, the positions of everyone seemed to change. Now it was Amber riding in front followed by DJ and then Marilyn, Jason, and Logan riding side by side together.

DJ knew they did it on purpose, but he said nothing about it. He was still working on sorting out his feelings that flew wildly between the dislike and distrust of the Amber he had known for as long as he had been in this world to the now wild attraction he had for the hot babe who was now riding in front of him.

And watching her bounce up and down the way she did as her horse trotted along wasn't helping keep his hormones in check either, and also served to keep her body in the forefront of his mind. It was hard to argue with against giving her a chance like his Dad asked when she looked like that.

While she bounced up and down like that he remembered how firm and solid her rounded butt felt earlier. He really liked it and while they were kissing he squeezed it quite a few times. It was the perfect blend of solid, tight, and firmness that made him want to do it again.

Suddenly he blushed as he realized that the entire time he was feeling on her butt he hadn't noticed that she wasn't wearing any underwear! What was she expecting them to do that she had come over to see him without any underwear on! Then it just hit him he hadn't realized at the time that meant she wasn't wearing either a bra or any panties, just that thin outfit on.

His hands then felt like they were burning as he again mentally relived how firm her butt was in his mind. He realized that he was only a very thin piece of fabric away from stroking and squeezing her fantastically naked but shapely muscled body.

What she had on didn't leave much to the imagination and he realized he was pretty sure he knew what she looked like naked now, given how he could make out the shapes of her large nipples under her shirt.

Although while he was now looking back at what had happened he began to really wish that he had also felt those large orbs that made up her chest at least once instead of chickening out as he saw her cleavage in the shirt she had on.

At the time he could only make himself hold on to her butt while they kissed, and he now found he was very curious her breasts felt like as he now watched her ride.

Maybe later she might be willing do that again he found himself hoping before he realized that stray thought came out of nowhere.

As they approached town Logan suddenly said "Hey let's stop for a quick bite. We were so rushed that we didn't get anything before we left."

Jason and Marilyn also echoed his comment and they agreed to stop.

But to Amber's horror Logan quickly led the way to their favorite tavern.

Amber tried to talk everyone out of going in there and maybe trying another, but the other three wanted to go inside as they already knew the menu and DJ said he didn't care one way or the other. Amber realized everyone would eventually see her face anyway, but she really wished she had more time to get used to the look herself first.

Tying up the horses and going inside Amber said a prayer that either they were the only ones there or that none of the regular crowd inside this morning.

But that prayer went unanswered or if it was answered a resounding "NO" was the result.

While Amber was used to the noise level dropping noticeably whenever Marilyn or Jordan entered the room, when she herself entered it seemed an unsettling hush went over the room as the group went to a table. It was so quiet she could clearly hear her own heartbeat as loud as it seemed to be beating.

Jason set next to his sister and Marilyn. DJ sat on Amber's other side and Logan set in between him and Marilyn.

Amber tried to play it off, but DJ could see of how uncomfortable she was right then. He couldn't put his finger on it why, but he was sure it was because of where they were, even though the others seemed oblivious to it. Something made him feel like she was in distress but was trying her best to act like she wasn't.

After placing an order and getting their drinks, the noise level never quite rose above the hushed murmurings when suddenly DJ heard loudly from the back of the room "Looking good Amber" from one of the more brave souls.

DJ noticed that Amber didn't even look around and she tried to talk to the others as if nothing had happened. DJ saw her face lightly blush but she was doing a good job of ignoring him.

Suddenly the same brave voice said again "Did you get suddenly a boyfriend lately or did you decide to stop acting like a boy all on your own? Who is that brave soul who doesn't realize you like pretending to be a man most of the time? If he thinks he's getting anywhere with you he's in for a rude surprise!" This time his joke was met with some sporadic laughter.

DJ didn't want to feed the trolls by responding, but this time he quickly looked around and saw a group of about eight to ten boys smiling at them and one of them was grinning bigger than the rest. He turned back around and tried to ignore them.

Normally he was pretty even tempered, but they were doing this to obviously get a rise out of Amber. The thing was he had no idea why she was the main focus of their insensitive attention. Marilyn was also here and they hadn't said one word about or to her.

"Hey Amber, you ready to give it up yet or are you still packing a dick like the rest of us guys? Does your boyfriend there know that you're really a man pretending to be a woman most of the time?" said the voice.

Again laugher followed, but this time it was stronger and sounded like all the boys in the back were laughing this time.

The conversation at their table by contrast was strained as everyone tried to ignore them. Usually they were scared of messing with any of them, and doubly so when Amber was around.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.