Threshold S.O.S. Book 3 - Cover

Threshold S.O.S. Book 3

Copyright© 2011 by dak

Prologue

Universe address: 19992229

Dimensional gate facility.

Janus stood at the console for the dimensional gate, she had activated the drone body the instant she felt the dimensional collapse. The stations classified nature had led to the creation of the quarantine zone, it consisted of the entire dimension 19992229, the physics of the dimension had been altered to prevent classified information from leaking out through any communication methods known to the alliance. She had placed the drone in the station at the start of the project, it was updated weekly sent back to be synced with her additional memories to keep it up to date with the rest of her.

Expectedly the research station located in the pocket dimension attached to address 19992229 had gone silent with the collapse, She had dispatched scout drones to search all connecting dimensions to the one that had collapsed, already several reported no evidence of the dimension, all likely outcomes indicated a complete loss of all contents of the dimension.

Janus was furiously searching the logs for any hint as to what had happen, she began to pull up the report logs from the last month, the classified nature of the project required her to be at the dimensional gate to access the logs, they could not be transferred by the connection to collective they had to be played and read manually, Janus watched impatiently as the logs played.

Universe address: 19992229.00000001

Dimension Scale: Pocket

Dimensional Class IV

Population: 1

Installations: 1

Installation Type: Classified.

Galactic standard year AA 4789.

"Dr. Elle Nx, Mission report #19029, it has been 42 hours of sustained power generation, all sequence models are running with in the predicted parameters. Artificial micro dimensions 1-6 have been producing 110% of the calculated theoretical output, the dimensional phase engine appears to be operating well above expected outcomes."

End report.

"Dr. Elle Nx, Mission Report #19030, 72 hours of sustained power generation, all models running at 105% of predicted parameters. Micro dimensions 1-6 have increased out put to 120% of calculated out put, additions of new dimensions 7-9 produced unexpected increase of power out put in the phase engine of 30 percent, all levels are well within theoretical safe limits."

Appendix to file Dr. Elle Nx personal log.

"Dad you where right, think outside the box, the power out put of the phase engine is increasing exponentially an unexpected bonus. Dad, if this keeps up do you know what this means? It means that my theories might be right Dad, this may change everything."

End personal log entry.

"Dr. Elle Nx, Mission Report #19031, 76 hours, Power out put on dimensional phase engine is increasing at an exponential rate, with in the past 30 minutes the increase has been 200 fold."

Janus watched frowning as alarms began to blare on the video and it cut off, the next report played.

Report error interrupted by power failure.

"Dr. Elle Nx, Mission Report #19031, 325 hours of sustained operation, Complete failure to core systems has been repaired, energy generation from the phase engine has surpassed all possible predictions, after initial system failure I was able to bleed off some of the energy into several new artificial dimensions, this is a stop gap measure as the the phase engine has managed to self sustain the reaction in spite of my efforts to shutdown the reaction, at current estimates the containment of the artificial dimensions will fail within 72-100 hours, I am preparing the stations gate to transmit the bulk of the data."

End Report.

Appendix to file Dr. Elle Nx personal log.

"Mom, Dad, I ... I hope this gets to you, I first want to say thank you for all you have done for me and that I love you both. Please try to understand what I am about to do, I have decided instead of transferring my consciousness through the gate, I will be instead transferring the entire stations logs, if after they are transferred there is time I will transfer myself.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.