Magic in the Moonlight - Cover

Magic in the Moonlight

Copyright© 2011 by Girl Friday

Chapter 13: Viva Las Vegas

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 13: Viva Las Vegas - Yesterday, my name was Lauren Summers. I was 43 years old with a good job that I didn’t like much, but it paid the bills. When I woke up today, I was told my name is Kimberly Sparks. My birth certificate says I’m 24 years old. I don’t have a job or a place to live. But there’s a seriously hot guy taking me home with him. Lauren Summers died yesterday in a terrible fire and Kimberly Sparks was born. But I’m not a phoenix; I’m a werewolf. Who knew?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Were animal   Oral Sex   Slow  

The next day, we flew to Las Vegas. Evan lived a couple of hours from the Portland airport. Since Noelle was going, too, she hopped a ride with us and we all traveled together. It was a quiet trip, at first. I was exhausted from the day before and my relatively sleepless night. Every once in a while, Evan would look at me, squeeze my hand and smile. I knew he was worried about me, but I was just tired.

The flight was uneventful and the cab ride to the hotel took less than twenty minutes. While we were in the cab, Evan handed me a couple of sticky clear discs that looked to be made out of silicone. "Put these in your ears," he murmured, "It will help with the casino noise."

I raised an eyebrow at him. I'd been to Las Vegas a couple of times. The noise in the casino had never been overly loud. But the cab stopped before I could ask him why and then we were on the sidewalk. "I'll go check us in. Why don't you both wait in the elevator core?"

I knew where he meant and led Noelle inside. The noise hit me like a wall of sound. My God, it was loud. I whimpered in pain and put my fingers in my ears. I had no idea just how sensitive my werewolf hearing was until faced with the unbearable din of the casino. Noelle pulled me back outside and showed me how to roll the gooey disks into balls and then flatten them in my ears. She brushed my hair forward to cover my ears and we headed back inside.

The elevator core was where I remembered it and it wasn't long before Evan joined us. "CanUS reserved a huge block of rooms in the tower. We're on the 26th floor."

Evan handed Noelle her room key when we stopped outside her door. She slid the card through the lock and we all wandered into her room. After she dumped her bags, we went next door to Evan's room. Noelle had two queen beds, but Evan had a king. The rooms adjoined through a door in the wall. After he sat his bags on one of the luggage racks, Evan reached for mine.

"I wasn't sure if you would want to stay with me or Noelle. It's your choice, but I'd like it if you would stay here." When I smiled and nodded, he put my bags next to his. Noelle went back to her room and unlocked the adjoining door so we could visit each other without going into the hall. After we unpacked our things, we decided to go find dinner. By the time it was over, my head was aching from the noise even with the earplugs.

"Why on earth did they choose Las Vegas? They had to know how horrible this would be." I was busy running water in the tub, I wanted a bath.

"It helps maintain the front. Big companies have conventions in Las Vegas so their employees can party and have a good time. If we always had it in Des Moines, people might begin to wonder why."

I suppose it made sense, but I really had no interest in returning to Las Vegas after this. I climbed into the tub and the steaming water helped relax me. The bath was nice, but nothing like I was used to from Evan's place. I was spoiled. Evan brought me some aspirin and it helped some. When I climbed out of the tub, I found Evan going over the meeting schedule on his laptop. I wrapped my arms around his neck from where I was standing behind him and peeked over his shoulder.

The keynote session was tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. New wolves were to be presented at that time. I was amazed at the number of meetings being held, everything from new business funding, to resettlement requests, investment return disclosures, and applications from people looking to be turned into wolves.

"If we aren't supposed to tell anyone, then how do ordinary humans know about us and ask to be turned?"

Evan shrugged, "Some are like me. They have family members who are wolves and they want to be turned. Some are like Noelle, who request it after learning our secret accidentally. Others are government agents who work with wolves and want it for themselves. If a wolf marries a human, he tells her what he is for her own safety. That's the one exception we make. Sometimes they ask to be turned. We're generally very careful about the applications. I think there's only five or six applicants at every session."

I hadn't been brave enough to ask before, because I was afraid of the answer. But now seemed like a good time to ask, "Evan, what about vampires? Are there a lot of them, too?"

He turned to face me, pulling me into his lap. "No. There are very few of them left. There are more in Europe, but they're pretty rare here in the U.S. No one has exact figures, but CanUS estimates no more than 100 in North America. They aren't all like the one that attacked you, Kimber. Mostly, they're trying to hide from the public, too. But every once in a while, one of them will get tired of the pretense and start killing people for fun."

"Why were you there, in New York where I worked, I mean?"

"Steve and I grew up together. His father was in my dad's pack. He really did need some help with that new building the company is putting up. So, when he called me I decided to go visit. We were out poking around the site that night when we crossed the vampire's trail and started tracking it. We'd just decided to check the office building when we heard you scream. And, well, you know the rest."

Yes, yes I did. It was over and done with. There was no point shivering about it now. Evan squeezed my hands gently and I knew my tremors had been felt. "Tell you what. Why don't you climb into bed and try to relax? Look, I brought something for you."

He walked over to his suitcase and pulled out Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I couldn't help but smile as he handed me the book.

"Thank you. I finished the first one the other night."

"I noticed. I have to head downstairs and talk to some people for a bit. Noelle is in her room. Sid won't be here until tomorrow. I'm going to leave the door open so you can just call for her if you need her, okay?"

I nodded and opened the book to start reading. Evan tipped my chin up and dropped a heart-stealing kiss on my lips before he left the room. It was only a few minutes later when Noelle poked her head in to see if I was okay. After reassuring her I was, I lost myself in Hogwarts. I must have fallen asleep reading, because the next thing I remember was Evan sliding into bed next to me and wrapping me in his arms. I snuggled closer and blacked out until morning.

Evan ordered room service for breakfast, but I was nervous enough that I couldn't eat. I was afraid it would all come right back up again. I didn't know what to wear, or even what was appropriate to wear when Noelle showed up and picked clothes out for me. An emerald green dress that ended just above my knees, a sparkly pin, and basic taupe heels -- which made sense given it was supposed to be a business conference. I dressed quickly. I thought about braiding my hair, but decided to leave it long and loose. Just in case, I tucked an elastic band into my purse so I could change my mind later.

I paced around the room while Evan got ready. He came out of the bathroom dressed in a fabulous suit and kissed me senseless. "It's going to be fine. They may ask you a few questions, but I have to do most of the talking. The actual hearing won't be until tomorrow, so relax. Just remember, don't say the word werewolf. You're a contractor for an R&D company, got it?"

Easier said than done. I put my earplugs in for the trip through the casino and out to the meeting rooms in the conference center. The large auditorium was shielded from the noise of the casino and it was blessedly quiet. I pulled my earplugs out and put them back into the small case. Evan and I were seated in the front row, off to the side. There were five chairs on a raised platform on the stage, arranged in a semi-circle with a curved table in front.

"There are five council members, three from the United States and two from Canada. The chairman will sit in the center seat and will run the meeting. With our hearing, the sound system isn't necessary and won't be used." Evan kept up a running commentary, trying to distract me with information. The auditorium was filling up behind me and the noise level grew to a soft buzz as people talked to each other.

I played nervously with the "Contractor" ribbon and ID tag pinned to my dress. Just when I thought it would never start, five men in business suits stepped on to the stage and sat in the chairs. The man in the center chair called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone. I didn't hear a word he said once I got a look at his face. I had seen him once before. According to the name plate in front of him, his name was Robert Maxwell. He was Evan's grandfather.

He didn't look a day older than Evan. Neither one of them had changed from the way they looked in my vision. I hadn't ever thought to ask Evan how long ago that was. Come to think about it, I didn't have a clue how old Evan was. Not that it mattered. He would never age and neither would I.

"Will the new contractors and their mentors come forward?"

I looked at Evan, who stood up. I stood beside him and followed the line of people who went to stand in front of the stage. Evan and I were on one end of the line. The pair on the other side made their way up the stairs and on to the stage. I did a quick count and there were four other new wolves here. Of those, I was the only female.

The pair on stage turned to face the audience. The mentor stepped forward to introduce each new wolf and gave the date he joined the company. That had to be the date he was turned. When he finished, they turned back to the Council members and bowed. The Council asked if he had selected an affiliate (a pack?) and he had, so they noted which one and excused him. The next three followed the same pattern and then it was my turn.

Evan and I went up on to the stage and turned. I couldn't see anything from the lights shining in my eyes.

"This is Kimberly Ann Sparks. She joined us on November 23rd of this year."

We turned to the Council members. Robert looked at me and then at his grandson, "I understand there are special circumstances associated with Kimberly's employment."

Evan didn't flinch, he just looked his grandfather in the eye, "Yes, there were. It was a sudden decision on my part to hire her. She accepted the offer and relocated from her home in New York to join us in Oregon."

"I see. I understand there was someone else involved in your decision. Can you give us her name please, for the record?"

Evan simply nodded, "Yes, an offer was also extended to Lauren Anne Summers, who is not with us here today."

As comprehension dawned on me, a shout went up from somewhere in the back of the auditorium. Evan and I turned, but I couldn't tell what was happening with the lights in my eyes. As my eyes adjusted, I saw a man was running down the aisle. He vaulted onto the stage in a spectacular leap and hit Evan like a football linebacker.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.