April's Gift
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2011, 2018 by the author. All rights reserved.

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Ron meets April, an unpaid live-in nanny for her greedy brother's daughter, at a family picnic. Despite a mutual attraction, she is on the rebound and initially brushes him off. Eventually they date and become lovers. Ron finds she knows things about him she shouldn't. She admits to being an empath who can sense his emotions and this ability has wrecked her prior relationships. Loving her deeply, Ron commits to accomodating her psychic powers and to freeing her from her brother's thrall.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Paranormal   Oral Sex   Squirting  

Author’s Note: I originally posted this story in 2011. Recently I’ve been looking over some of my older stories to see if they could benefit from continuing the plot where the original left off. “April’s Gift” is the first story I’m revising and expanding. I’ve made some minor modifications to the first five chapters to fit with the new material; otherwise the plot is unchanged. Enjoy!
--D


Ron sat at his laptop and began searching Google for a technical manual. An instant message popped up.

crystal27: hi

He typed in a reply.

wiz99: hi how u been?

crystal27: good ask me how my phone is

wiz99: hows your phone?

crystal27: bad i think i need new one.

crystal27: ive had this one 5 years

wiz99: 5 years??? u due for a new one

crystal27: dreading it

wiz99: why dreading it?

crystal27: cuz new ones too complicated

crystal27: i like this one its simple

crystal27: what phone u have

wiz99: i got a new Galaxy

wiz99: got it last month

crystal27: u like it?

wiz99: very much

crystal27: is it easy to use?

wiz99: i think so

crystal27: maybe i look at one

Ron returned his Google search. He found the manual he needed, downloaded it and began perusing it.

crystal27: u never told me why ur screen name is wiz

He clicked on the message box and typed.

wiz99: u never asked

crystal27: ok why?

wiz99: when i was in jr high i used to do all sorts of science stuff

wiz99: u know chemistry & physics experiments

wiz99: some kids started calling me mr wizard & the nickname stuck

crystal27: oh

Ron scanned through the manual, adding bookmarks to various sections.

crystal27: u doing anything interesting tomorrow?

He typed on his keyboard.

wiz99: going to 4th of july bbq

wiz99: even tho its on the third

crystal27: me too

wiz99: enjoy yourself

wiz99: now i gotta get work done

crystal27: k see you later


Nursing a Sharps, Ron sat in a lawn chair on the patio of his sister’s house. From inside the house came the hubbub of the party, loud talking and laughter. He watched children playing in his sister’s swimming pool. Some were going down the slide and one practiced jumping off a diving board.

A little girl of around six years sat on an inflatable raft. She bounced on it as it drifted toward the deep end of the pool.

Ron stood and strolled near the edge of the pool. The little girl continued to bounce, each time landing closer and closer to the end of the raft. On the final bounce she slid off and began to sink.

Ron crouched down, reached in, grasped the girl by the armpit and lifted her clear. She coughed and sputtered as he set her onto the concrete. He was joined from nowhere by a woman in a yellow sundress who scooped up the little girl and embraced her. “Mattie -- are you all right? A little scared? You’re okay now...” She glanced toward Ron and mouthed the words, “Thank you.”

He regarded her. She was in her mid-to-late twenties he figured, large framed and a bit overweight in a full-figured rather than obese manner. She had shoulder-length chestnut hair, hazel eyes and wore oval, wire-framed glasses. Her sundress came to above her knees and her legs were heavy but shapely.

The woman grasped a towel. “No more pool for you, Mattie,” she said. “You go inside, into the bedroom and change out of your bathing suit.” Ron watched as Mattie scampered into the house. The woman turned to Ron. “Oh, thank you so much,” she said. “I didn’t want to make too big of a deal of it in front of Mattie but I am so grateful you were there.”

Ron shrugged. “It was no big deal. I’m Ron, by the way.”

“I’m April.”

“April. That’s not a name I hear often. Are you a friend of Steve or of Connie?”

“Neither, actually. I’m here with Brad and Rayla McIntyre. Do you know them?”

“I know almost no one here,” he replied. “Connie is my sister.”

“Brad works with Steve,” April replied. “I’m his sister and I’m here to keep an eye on Mattie.” She made a snort. “Mighty fine job of it I’m doing, isn’t it?”

“Little kids can get into trouble in an eyeblink.” Ron regarded her. “Can I get you something to drink?”

“A Coke maybe.” She smiled. “I’m also the designated driver.”

“Gotcha.” Ron returned with a soda and another Sharps.

“Thanks ... you’re abstaining also?”

“I have a heart condition ... an arrhythmia...”

“Oh, dear...”

“It’s more of a nuisance than anything dangerous,” Ron continued, “but alcohol seems to aggravate it.” He held up his can and tapped its rim to the one April held.

“Skumps,” she said and sipped her soda.

“Skumps ... that’s from...”

Sleeping Beauty,” April replied, “the Disney classic.”

“I know it is.”

“Are you a big Disney fan?” she asked.

“Not really. At one time I thought I wanted to become an animator and I studied all the great animated films ... Disney, Myazaki and others. Are you a fan?”

“Not really, but it is one of Mattie’s favorites. When we sit down for a meal, she always toasts me with skumps. You didn’t become an animator?”

“No. It dawned on me how much work it is, and I don’t care for repetitive tasks. Now, it’s all going over to computers anyway, and I have zero interest an that.”

Ron’s sister came out of the house and approached them. “Oh ... Ronnie and April ... I was going to introduce you two but I see you found each other on your own. Steve’s getting the grill going. Do you want burger, hot dog...”

“Burger,” Ron replied. “Cheeseburger if that’s okay.”

“Same here,” said April.


Ron sat in a lawn chair beside April. Mattie sat cross-legged on a towel by her feet. He watched his brother set off small skyrockets and Roman candles.

“I’m full,” he remarked.

“So am I,” April replied.

“I don’t know where Connie got the sweet corn. It’s too early for it to be local, but it was as fresh as local.”

“I love fresh sweet corn.”

“Do you like fireworks?” Ron asked and gestured toward his brother-in-law.

“I don’t like the ones that go bang ... but these are kinda pretty.”

“The city fireworks are tomorrow night. Would you like to go to them with me?”

April regarded him. “Oh, thanks for asking but I can’t. You see I’ll need to be up early the next day to make a flight.”

“Where are you going?”

“To New York. I have an audition with the Met.”

“The Met?”

“Metropolitan Opera,” she replied.

“You didn’t mention you’re a singer.”

“Didn’t I? Yes ... it’s a passion of mine. The Met had field auditions earlier and they asked me to come for a second round.”

“I see ... Well, good luck,” he said. Metropolitan Opera indeed, he thought. Well -- at least her excuse is as original as it is preposterous...

A couple, not too steady on their feet, stumbled out of the house. “April -- get Mattie together,” the woman said.

“It’s Rayla,” April remarked. “Time for us to go. Ron -- nice meeting you.”

“Same here. Good luck in New York.”

“Thanks.”

He watched as April led Mattie to a maroon minivan and buckle her into her carseat. Mattie’s parents clambered into passenger seats and April sat behind the wheel. Ron watched her drive off and turn a corner, out of sight.


Ron carried a mug of coffee to his laptop. He started up Visio and began working on a diagram. A message box opened.

crystal27: hi

wiz99: hi

crystal27: u bzy?

wiz99: not too

crystal27: how ur weekend?

wiz99: [groan] dont ask

wiz99: i hate those events shouldn’t have bothered

crystal27: know what u mean

wiz99: i never fit in with that crowd

wiz99: u get ur new phone?

crystal27: yeah

wiz99: u like it?

crystal27: cant figure it out

wiz99: its easy just follow instructions

crystal27: i can’t follow directions

wiz99: that’s nonsense -- just take it step by step

crystal27: no i cant follow directions. i think i should return it for a simple flip phone

wiz99: the Galaxies are so functional

crystal27: didnt get a galaxy. got htc

wiz99: its gonna work about the same both are android

crystal27: i need someone to show me how it works

crystal27: someone with some patience

He leaned back and pondered; then turned to his keyboard.

wiz99: where you live?

crystal27: what u mean?

wiz99: what ur address? i know ur local

crystal27: how you know that?

wiz99: from ur email addr

crystal27: i cant tell from urs

wiz99: i don’t use roadrunner. if u close by maybe we can meet & I show u

crystal27: i dunno

wiz99: what town?

crystal27: fords point

wiz99: thats 1 town over

wiz99: i be glad to show you

wiz99: aren’t we good enuf friends yet?

wiz99: we been chatting six months

crystal27: i kinda shy

wiz99: me too. its why i don’t mix well at parties

wiz99: how about neutral territory

wiz99: u know the panera on fordham

crystal27: yeah

wiz99: how about we meet there & i show you how to use phone

crystal27: i dont want to bother

wiz99: no bother. my job is technical writer

wiz99: my job to help people understand

Ron stared at the screen for a long moment.

crystal27: ok panera what day & time

wiz99: what works for u

crystal27: im free tonite

wiz99: how about 6 tonite

crystal27: k tonite 6 at panera

wiz99: how i know u

crystal27: i wear black bow in my hair

wiz99: ok see u then


Ron parked in Panera’s parking lot. He grabbed his laptop case and headed inside, scanning the tables for a black hair bow. Seeing none he stepped further inside and again swept the place with his eyes. He focused on a table and someone whose face was buried in a menu.

“Crystal?” he said as he approached the table. She lowered the menu and glanced up. Ron recognized her chestnut hair, oval face and wire-framed glasses. “April? You’re Crystal?”

“Ron -- I had no idea you were wiz 99.”

“You told me you were flying to New York today ... not that I particularly believed you.”

April began to blush a deep red. “Ron -- I can explain.” She stared at the table. “ ... no I can’t explain, but I can apologize. I’m sorry ... I really am if I hurt you.”

“I was feeling good about the picnic,” he replied. “I was feeling good about you and me. I was comfortable talking to you and I got the sense the feeling was mutual.”

“I know ... I was feeling good, too.”

“Then you told me your ... tall tale.”

“When you asked me to see the fireworks with you ... I guess I panicked.”

“All you had to tell me was no -- you didn’t have to lie about it.”

“I know ... I really am sorry, Ron. I wish I hadn’t ... like I said, I panicked. Later I regretted it but I knew there was no way I could get hold of you and fix things.”

He sat at the table and regarded her. “Let me guess. You’ve had issues with men before.”

“You could say that.”

“Maybe such an issue is fresh and you didn’t want to get hurt again.”

“Maybe...”

“I’m not like other men, April.”

“How do you know?”

“Because everyone is unique. I wish you had given me a chance.”

“So do I ... now ... Can you forgive me?”

“I forgive you. The last thing I’d want to do is hurt you. I don’t want to hurt anyone.”

“I know...”

“Lets do what we’re here to do. I’ll show you how to use your phone. First -- have you had dinner? If we order some food then we can linger and not get anxious glances from the staff.”

“Good idea, but I’m not really hungry.”

“I’m going to have one of their ciabatta sandwiches. How about some soup or a bagel?”

“An everything bagel,” she replied.

“Okay -- my treat.”

Ron returned after placing the order. “It’ll be ready shortly.” He opened his case and took out a slim binder. “I made this for you -- it’s a quick guide on how to use your Galaxy.”

She took it and regarded it. “You shouldn’t have.”

“Like I said -- this is my profession.”

“It was sweet of you but I can’t use this. I can’t follow directions.”

“You’re just saying that.”

“No, Ron. I CAN’T follow directions. I have some sort of learning disability.”

“You can read. I know you can read, otherwise we couldn’t have the chats we’ve had.”

“Yes, I can read. But I can’t follow directions. If I try, I get all confused and do steps out of order. I forget what I’ve already done and do things twice. I’m a disaster in the kitchen because I can’t follow a recipe.”

“Is it like dyslexia?” he asked.

“Sort of. If you SHOW me how to do something, then I’ll know. Show me once and I’ll never get it wrong. But I can’t follow directions.”

Order for Ron came an announcement over the PA system.

“That’s our order. I’ll be right back.”

Ron placed a plate before April. He took a bite from his sandwich. “Okay ... I’ll walk you through everything I have on these sheets. First, how to make a phone call...”


“Okay,” Ron said. “Let’s run through everything. Phone call.” He watched April manipulate her device and his rang. “Text message.” She fingered her phone’s keyboard and a message appeared on his. “Wifi.” Ron watched as she joined the free network offered by the restaurant. “Browser ... very good. It looks like you’ve mastered it.”

“This is a really nice phone,” she replied. “It’s like having a computer in my bag.”

“How did you learn to use a computer?”

“Someone had to show me. I can figure things out on my own, too. I’m not stupid...”

“Oh, I got that right away,” Ron interrupted. “I think you’re very bright.”

“Really? Not many do ... because of my disability.”

“It seems you’ve figured out how to work around it.”

April flashed a smile. “I suppose...”

“You never told me what you do for a living,” Ron said.

“I live with Brad and Rayla ... I’m sort of a live-in nanny for Mattie ... in exchange for room and board. Mattie finished first grade this June and during the year I worked as a teachers’ aide ... special education ... kids with learning disabilities.”

“I imagine your...”

“My disability? Call it what it is, Ron.”

“I imagine it helps you relate to your students. Did you ever think about getting certified and becoming a teacher? I’ll bet you’d be good at it.”

“I barely made it out of high school. No college would want me.”

“I think if you wrote the right kind of application and explained your situation that you’d find a school willing -- no, eager -- to accept you.”

“You’re too kind. What about you, Ron? I think you’d make a good teacher.”

“I’m content being a free-lance technical writer. I write articles for technical journals as well as custom documentation.” He picked up the binder he had made. “Like this. Do you want it?”

“I’ll take it,” April replied. “Now that I know what I’m doing, I can look it over for hints. Thank you for all this.”

He zipped up his laptop case. “So ... Are you willing to consider a make-good for the fireworks night?”

“Make-good?”

“Yeah ... I don’t know of a fireworks display we could go to ... so I was thinking of dinner at Farley’s.”

“Mmm ... I think I’d like that...”

“What nights are you free?”

“Well ... Brad and Rayla go out on Fridays...”

“It puts a crimp in your social life,” he remarked.

“It sure does.”

“Wouldn’t you rather be on your own? I mean ... I’m sure you’re capable of living on your own ... I’m sorry, April, if I’m getting too personal.”

“No, it’s all right ... I just don’t make enough to support having my own place.”

Ron placed his hand on hers. She glanced up and for the first time he made deep eye contact with her. April smiled and looked down. “If you’re not free on the weekend, how about Thursday?”

“I can check ... if they’re not both busy...”

“I could pick you up around six.”

“Maybe I should pick you up,” she replied. “I really don’t want them knowing my personal business any more than I have to.”

He slipped the strap to his laptop case over his shoulder and stood. Together they headed for the door and into the parking lot.

“Text me if you’re free on Thursday,” he said, “you know how and you have my number.”

“Okay.”

“I’ll send you directions...” He glanced at her. “Better yet, I’ll send you a map.”

April broke into a broad smile. “A map would be better.” She opened the door of a blue, late nineties model Ford Festiva; then she turned and gave him a little wave.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.