Illicitus Amare
Chapter 1: Reflecting

Copyright© 2010 by IllicitWriter

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1: Reflecting - The love that lasts the longest is the love that can never be. An unexpected confession leads to a forbidden relationship. If discovered, both could face dire consequences, one that society proscribes. E/B OOC AH Taboo.Forbidden.Incest Read Profile & A/N This is a Twilight theme with Bella & Edward characters

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   Incest   Brother   Sister   Slow  

"Frick on a fickle test tube stick!" Bella exclaimed, as she accidentally spilled half a specimen vial full of urine down the front of her green scrubs.

"Bella, STAT orders just came in from the emergency room!" her coworker yelled across the hospital laboratory.

Shit! I need to run to the OR, maybe see if they'll give me an extra pair of scrubs. And these scrubs are definitely going into the bio-hazard container.

Bella worked in the medical lab at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle as a certified phlebotomist. Bella loved the art of drawing blood. Yes, she viewed this an art form: the smell of an alcohol pad being swabbed against another's skin; the thrill of knowing she pierced the vein on her first try; even the visual delight of seeing the vials rapidly filling with dark red blood. Bella also welcomed and took pride in the validation of her patients saying that she was "a good stick" versus being called "the vampire girl out to get my blood." The wages were decent; her paychecks met the basic human needs for food, clothing, utilities and shelter.

At twenty years old, Bella Masen attended the University of Washington in downtown Seattle, commonly referred to as U-Dub. Bella lived off campus in a one-bedroom efficiency apartment that was within reason for cost and within short walking distance to the school. It was small, albeit cramped, but she called it home for the remaining two years of her schooling. Most of her furnishings were purchased at places like IKEA and Ross Stores, a smart way to get more bang for her buck. Bella chose off campus housing for good reason; she didn't want to fraternize with others, have a roommate or share her life with anyone outside of her personal comfort zone.

She was a private, introverted person, making few friends and keeping her love life to a minimum, sometimes a standstill. Her personality could be predominately classified as Type B, but with a hint of Type A tendencies. Bella could be outgoing and personable when needed; she was ambitious in nature, had somewhat of a need for control and she outwardly displayed a profound sense of urgency. These all fell into the Type A category. But Bella exhibited more dominantly characteristics typical of Type B, such as patience, a relaxed persona, an easy-going approach to life and an accommodating attitude.

Bella was especially interested in the study of human behaviors within social, cultural and material contexts. She also developed a curiosity about the psyche of one's mind. For this reason, she chose to pursue a four-year degree in the Science of Social Psychology. Her focus would be on the social conditions of society and how they affected the individual. Bella would receive the best of both worlds, a vast knowledge of psychology mixed with a variation of sociology, her two favorite subjects.

After her grueling eight-hour swing shift, Bella drove the short distance home, taking her time to reflectively think, a comfort, maybe more of a habit, she'd developed over the years. Bella shed her scrubs at the front door, showered off the feeling of being doused like perfume in urine, and opted to wear her favorite pajama pants and a t-shirt. Bella then walked over to her desk and turned on her laptop.

Bella's computer held a sentimental value to her as it was the last gift she'd received from her grandparents before their passing. Her grandmother, Elsie Swan, died less than two years ago from pancreatic cancer, an aggressive killer. It went undiagnosed up until it was discovered too late, the prognosis being six months or less to live. Her grandfather, Willard Swan, followed his wife only three months later, having no will or reason to live. Bella could no longer care for his deteriorating condition at home, thus placing him into a long term care facility. On the day of his demise, the treating physician informed Bella that the final cause of death was "a failure to thrive." Bella's grandfather had been married to her grandmother for fifty-six years, always referring to her as his sweetheart. Bella hoped and prayed for a beautiful lifelong love like theirs.

Bella quickly shook that train of thought away, putting it aside, and connected to the Internet. Her Gmail inbox had three new e-mails highlighted in bold. The last one immediately caught her attention. Bella's stomach filled with a fluttering sensation; it was sent from her brother Edward. She quickly clicked and opened the message, slowly reading and absorbing his words. Bella looked away after she came to the end, drudging up memories of the last time they said goodbye.


Bella harbored very fond memories of her childhood, especially those surrounding her older brother Edward. Bella and Edward lost their parents to a random act of violence on October 16, 2006; they were in the right place, but entered the building at the wrong time. Her parents, Carlisle and Esme Masen, on their way back from a friend's home, stopped at the Shell convenience station in downtown Seattle to pick up a gallon of milk.

Just hours before they pulled into the gas station, Bella's mother called to ask what she and Edward wanted for dinner that night. Bella could hear her mother's friends hooting and hollering in the background, no doubt due to intoxication. Apparently, her mother's best friend was celebrating her fortieth birthday with an "over the hill" theme, complete with two dozen black balloons that her father had purchased the day before.

Bella asked her mother, per Edward's request, to pick up a gallon of milk on the way home. Bella recalled that Edward religiously ate Cinnamon Toast Crunch every morning before trudging off to school; he was always such a creature of habit. Tomorrow morning would not have been a pretty sight had he been out of two percent milk.

Bella and Edward, ages sixteen and eighteen respectively, lost their parents on a Saturday night, to a robbery in progress. The cashier was wounded, a minor knife laceration to the cheek and forearm; her parents met a different fate, a .45 mm Beretta to the chest and neck. This random act of violence was over in a matter of seconds; the robber took off with $52 dollars from the till, such a minuscule amount to gain for the lives of two people. The aftermath that followed was devastating for the siblings.

As the months passed, Bella was informed of the bits and pieces that happened that night at the final trial proceedings. The robber was apparently strung out on a week's worth of crack cocaine mixed with a little meth, claiming it was the drug, not the person that pulled the trigger. On the stand, he was well groomed and wearing a business suit, probably suggested by his lawyer as a tactic to play the part of an upstanding citizen.

Pfft, Bella snorted. Like the jury wasn't going to see through that facade, all the way down to his black shitty soul for the killer that he was. This is not going to play in your favor, buddy. Low life crack head, Bella mumbled.

He tried to look remorseful for the crimes he committed. His lawyer carefully danced around the murderous acts, focusing more on his personal character traits, painting a picture of sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. The prosecution was less than enthused at his lawyer's tactics. So, during redirection the prosecution for the State reamed his ass, pointing out every real and perceived character flaw he had, ensuring that the jury was privy to what was really at hand.

The defendant, James Aulden, testified that he ran out of money and drugs two days prior to the robbery. He tried to explain that he didn't know what he was doing or even what really happened. Bella was thankful for this as she really did not want any details of the crime. That would have only welcomed running thoughts in her head of how scared they had been and how long they'd had to suffer.

He admitted to not knowing right from wrong at the time. His lawyer tried explaining that the illicit drugs, or lack thereof, in his system led to his irrational and violent behavior, almost as if he were "insane," or more correctly, as his lawyer put it, that he suffered from diminished capacity. The robber testified that he regretted pulling the trigger, thus killing two innocent people and harming a third ... the night that he said "changed his life forever."

Ha! thought Bella. He's reaching for it, his eventual freedom by playing the sympathy card with the jury. What an insensitive bastard. Changed his life? Does he not see me or my brother in this court room? What about how it changed our lives? You're still living, prick. My parents are dead. Gone forever. Freedom will not be likely, asshole. You'll be spending the rest of your days being ass raped by big bubba gump men on a quest for fresh young man meat.

At closing arguments, his defense asked the judge for mercy in considering his final sentencing. His lawyer felt it was right to ask such leniency, since he was a first-time offender. Bella didn't believe any of the bullshit his lawyer was spouting; she would never forgive or forget that fucker for taking away her parents, and neither would Edward. Bella was sure the jury realized this fact too.

The King County District Court ruled that his crime was not premeditated due to the absence of intent, therefore throwing out a conviction under a second or third degree murder charge. The defendant, James Aulden, was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter on February 10, 2007. Bella strongly felt as though he deserved the death penalty, not three hot meals a day, not a gym for exercise, not a library for learning and definitely not free medical healthcare to keep that piece of shit alive and well.

Bella found some comfort in the fact that he was going to serve a life sentence without the possibility of parole at the Clallam Bay Corrections Center. Thank God for that. She would have dreaded having to go to future parole board hearings, a convening for his possible release, to state her case as to why he should stay in prison and not be reintroduced back into mainstream society. Once a fuck up, always a fuck up, Bella thought.

On the night of the crime, Bella and Edward were escorted by police to their grandparents' home in Kent. Edward was considered a legal adult at the time while Bella was still a minor, therefore, her grandparents on her mother's side were given legal guardianship until her eighteenth birthday. Her father Carlisle had lost his parents years ago from poor health and unfavorable living conditions. Bella had one aunt on her mother's side and two uncles on her father's side. They lived on the east coast, far from Washington and rarely did they check on Edward's or Bella's welfare.

Their parents' home was sold shortly after the funeral; the siblings receiving enough profit from the sale to at least pave the way for a college education. Esme and Carlisle's two vehicles were fortunately paid off by the insurance company, a smart move on her parents' part to ensure that they left Edward and Bella with no outstanding debts. Whole life insurance policies were taken out as well. However, their parents' final will and testament specifically requested that the money be placed into a trust fund. When Edward turned twenty-five, the trust would be broken, freeing the funds for use.

Coming back to the present, Bella reclined in her computer chair, staring back and rereading the e-mail Edward sent. She had missed his company over the years and recalled the times they played in the creek out back, muddy from head to toe, catching small fish and turtles. Her thoughts turned back to the most memorable, yet heartbreaking, time in their lives; it forever turned her world upside down.


In the summer of 2007, nine months after her parents' passing, Bella suspected, or rather felt, a change in Edward's demeanor. He walked around with a sullen face, an almost guilty look for something he'd done or wanted to do. He holed himself up in his room, coming out only for food and bathroom breaks. He avoided Bella like a disease, which was not normal.

Bella stood at his bedroom door one night and knocked timidly; she was told to "come in." Bella walked through the door, noting that Edward was sitting in the dark, an ominous presence filling the room. She decided to turn on the bedside lamp, at least minimize the dreariness lurking in her presence. Bella stood at the foot of Edward's bed and thought, It's now or never.

"Hi," Bella said, trying to get him to flash his beautiful smile. Edward was lying in bed, propped against the headboard, knees up and feet flat on the mattress. Edward responded with a half-hearted hand wave. Bella walked around the bed and reclined back onto the mattress. She turned to her side facing Edward and began to try and pull him out of his funk.

"Can you talk to me, pookey? You're not yourself and I haven't spent any quality time with you in, like, forever." Bella continued without letting Edward answer; she shook her pointer finger mockingly at him and said, "Don't think I haven't noticed that something is bothering you ... mister man!" She smiled in the hopes that he would too. She wanted him to open up to her and get whatever it was off his chest. What came next was unexpected.

"I'm sorry ... I just can't deal with this shit anymore ... the pain and guilt, it's so overwhelming ... the murder of our parents. God! When I think about the pain they went through that night before they died ... I miss them so fucking much, Bella." Edward whimpered at the last statement; his lip quivered and teary eyes followed. He continued with his tirade, now sitting straight up in the bed, keeping Bella at a distance for the time being.

"It's my fault. My fault! It's like I'm the one who changed their destiny ... with one selfish stupid request. How could fate be so fucked up? If I hadn't needed that gallon of milk..." Edward's chest was now quivering and he desperately tried to hold back the sobs that were threatening to spill over. He fell back on the bed and brought his hands up to cover his face in the hopes of drowning out his cries.

Edward hated feeling this constant internal turmoil. The guilt overran his life. He didn't let Bella see this, but inside he felt like he was dying. He always portrayed himself as the strong one, being the older of the two. He never wanted Bella to see any of his weaknesses, for he was the one that needed to be the rock in their relationship. He emotionally broke down after their parents' death but quickly recovered to be a comfort for Bella during her time of grief and heartache.

Bella quickly interjected. "Please, please don't do this again. Please. It's not your fault. God made that decision, not you. Please, Edward, don't do this." Bella rose from her lying position and grabbed Edward's hands from his face, threading her fingers through his. Edward slowly closed his eyes and exhaled. He reopened them seconds later and stared into her eyes. Unfortunately, Bella knew her pleading words were falling on deaf ears. Edward recomposed himself and took a few deep breaths.

He decided to quickly change the subject, realizing that the time was right for him to speak with Bella about his decided plans for the future, an overdue conversation he procrastinated over for the past two weeks.

"Uh, I have something to tell you."

Bella raised her eyebrows, her forehead slightly crinkling in the process. She rotated her hand at the wrist, indicating that he needed to continue.

"I saw a military recruiter a few weeks ago."

Bella's eyes grew wide. Her expression quickly fell. "Really," she deadpanned. She dropped back to the mattress, her eyes staring straight up to the ceiling. Bella knew that this was not a fleeting action for him. When Edward put his mind to something, he always followed through. Edward halfheartedly began explaining.

"Yeah, the Air Force. Can you believe it? I scored really high on my ASVAB entry exam. They gave me some job choices based on that. So, I finally chose the field of electronics. Well, the position is technically called Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory or PMEL tech. I'll calibrate military equipment or some shit."

Bella just stared and finally found her voice, speaking with raw impulsive emotion. "What the fuck? You're really going to leave me? You can't ... you just can't. We talk about everything, Edward. Everything! Why am I hearing about this now?" Her eyes watered and her lip quivered. The tears were now falling and her whimpers followed.

"Bella, please don't cry. I'm not doing this to hurt you, okay? I would never hurt you. I just ... don't have it in me to go to college right now, nor do I have the funds. Granny and Grandpa are on social security. The money from Mom and Dad's home will only cover one person's tuition for four years and we still have a ways to go before our trusts can be broken. I want you to be the one to go to college first after you graduate high school." Edward paused for a moment. Now on her side again, Bella just stared, tears running down her face.

Edward was pained, but pressed forward. "I guess I knew how you would react if I told you this from the beginning. I went on my own to make sure that I followed through." He thought it best to take this moment to let Bella know just how much she influenced his decisions without having to say a word.

"Do you know how tightly wrapped I am around your finger? One look from you—well the look I'm seeing now—and I wouldn't have gone through with it. My whole world revolves around you ... We've never had a normal brother and sister relationship. You and I have always gotten along. Is that weird?"

Bella looked him in the eyes, and her expression turned from shock and anger to soft and yielding. "No, it's so not weird, Edward. I'm so thankful we laugh and talk and do things together ... but, right now, I need you with me. I lean on you, now more than ever. You're my big bruv," Bella whispered and then smiled, as she recalled giving him that nickname when she was four.

In turn, Edward had his own nickname for her: baby girl. He informally picked this up from his mother and father, who doted affectionately on her for being the baby and last child born into the family. Over the years, Edward sometimes dropped "girl" and just called her baby for short.

"I know, baby, please understand that I have to do this. My mind is made up, plus ... well, I already signed on the dotted line. My life now belongs to the military, four years to be exact." Edward cracked a half smile, but Bella was not impressed with his attempt at making lighthearted confessions. Edward sighed and tried to justify his actions.

"I just ... I have to make something out of myself, away from Seattle and away from Washington. It has nothing to do with you; it's me." Edward gave an apologetic look, hoping that Bella would understand. She lay there stoically, so he wrapped his arms around her, one on the small of her back and the other cradling the back of her head. He pulled her close to his chest, their bodies melding into one another. Edward proceeded to pepper her with light kisses on her forehead and temples.

Edward pulled back and looked into the eyes of his baby sister. She was so beautiful, he thought, her eye color the same as his, light blue-green with a hint of gray. Bella's skin was flawless, her stride was graceful and her figure was turning into that of a grown-up woman. Her hair was the color of mahogany; it was always so shiny, soft and healthy. She positively glowed.

Bella also had a wild spontaneous streak in her and definitely did not hold back when it came to matters of the heart. You could say she wore her emotions on her sleeve. Edward chalked this up to the way in which they were raised, for he wore his emotions on his sleeve as well.

Edward was thankful that Esme and Carlisle had been loving and devout parents. Their world centered on Bella and Edward. From their first baby steps to every celebrated birthday or holiday, a mountain of home videos and pictures of their childhood filled at least three storage tubs full of memories.

A policy of outward displays of affection was enforced and considered common in their household. His parents emphasized and made them adhere to the "Masen" practice of altruism as well. Esme spoke over and over again about how good it felt to give to others and not receive; she taught the siblings to be humble in life and to never take anything or anyone for granted. In the end, Bella and Edward learned that personal or materialistic possessions did not define one's self-worth.

Esme also made sure that Bella and Edward each understood the concept of poverty. One day, while driving downtown, the siblings were young and inquisitive about the homeless. When asked why, Bella and Edward quickly explained that people in raggedy clothes always stood around begging for food and money; both wanted to know the reason. Esme explained in great detail as to how it could happen, even to their own family. Their mother brought this concept home by reiterating the fact that they needed to fully appreciate having a roof over their heads and warm food in their bellies.

Edward smiled and remembered that in their house, no one got away with bottled up feelings, selfishness or lack of hugs and kisses. Because of this, Edward and Bella were atypical when it came to a brother and sister relationship. They were taught to express their feelings out in the open, so the siblings hugged and snuggled closely to one another every chance they had. Their love was pure and innocent. They even shared the same bed most of the time, from childhood up to and ending in their preteen years.

Bella had her own bedroom, but would eventually find herself waking up in the middle of the night, wishing for her brother's warmth and comfort. It began when she was young. Bella would walk quietly in the dark, down the hallway to his room. She would slowly pull back the covers and snuggle into his side, pulling the covers up to their chests in the process. Edward usually woke up from this welcomed intrusion and would hold her and murmur, "I love you," before falling back asleep. Sometimes she would sneak in after her mom and dad went to bed just to avoid the hassle of disturbing her own sleep during the night. More often than not, Edward would read a short story to her, both of them huddled under the covers with a flashlight.

Esme thought it best that they begin to separate when Edward turned twelve. She reasoned that they were "coming of age" and had become too dependent upon one another. She expected the siblings to explore other friendships and eventually different interests. Unfortunately, this never occurred. Esme and Carlisle tried to instill independence and individuality in their children, a trait they both possessed as husband and wife. However, Esme finally relented as the years went on and accepted their closeness to one another. She could hardly demand that their relationship change because she wanted it to. Esme had to put aside her own ideals and expectations, considering they were individuals and not her protégés.

Edward missed those long remembered times of cuddling with Bella, making her feel safe, warm and secure. Edward shook his head thinking of how protective he was of her, starting from the time they entered kindergarten. Edward and Bella had a few friends they could turn to, but mainly both brother and sister relied on one another for companionship, a mutual decision for both. Their relationship felt comfortable and safe, a feeling neither one could part with to find separate interests. Edward's heart was so full of love for his sister, it physically hurt to know that they would be separated soon. His chest felt like a vise grip at the moment. Edward was brought out of his musing with Bella's next question.

"Just like that? Why? I just can't wrap my head around losing you ... you know? Leaving me and all. I, well ... I imagined something different than what you chose." Bella was making one last attempt at grasping his decision. She didn't, however, disclose what exactly her plans were.

"Yeah, just like that, Bella. I want you to know that ... I love you. So much. Always. Forever." Edward stroked her cheek and rubbed his thumbs in smoothing circles along her neck as he said those words. His expression was one of tenderness, trying to pour out all the love he had for this beautiful young woman lying next to him. Forget that she was his sister; if not for that fact, he would spend the rest of his days loving and worshipping her.

Bella was such a tenderhearted person. She never spoke ill of anyone, except for James Aulden, and tried her best to uplift anyone's downtrodden spirits. Bella always had a playful and teasing nature, something that easily drew the outside world in. Bella was strong willed and outspoken about topics that piqued or delved into her passions. Bella never took anything too seriously, but at the same sense, she never took anyone for granted, especially the love of her brother.

However, Edward knew it was wrong to have less than brotherly feelings for his sister, illegal even. They would definitely be shunned from society, an isolation he was not willing to risk. He would never cross that forbidden line with her. Edward justified that it could never be anyway because her feelings were not likely mutual. Bella would probably be disgusted by his thoughts and feelings towards her. Even he felt ashamed; it was just so wrong on so many levels.

His decision to join the military had partly stemmed from his struggles over the years to bottle up those inappropriate feelings. Edward reassured Bella that this was not the "end." Bella was strong; she would definitely move on.

"I'm not dying and this isn't goodbye. It's not forever, baby girl. I'm doing the honorable thing as a man by serving my country. I spoke with Dad about this a few months before he died. You remember? We had a recruiter from the Army speak at the school about the benefits of being in the military."

Bella remembered recruiter day and decided quickly, after the sergeant's speech, that it just wasn't going to be her gig. Bella took a deep breath and manned up to asked Edward the question that had played heavily on her mind for some time.

"Edward, are you punishing yourself over Mom and Dad's death? Is it because you think that I can't stand to be around you or something? That I feel like it was your fault in a roundabout way? Is that why you are all of the sudden leaving?"

Edward looked crestfallen at her, his suspicions coming to fruition as he realized that she did harbor some form of resentment for asking his parents to run that short errand instead of coming straight home after the party. Bella sensed that Edward might have made the wrong assumption from her question, so she quickly set him straight.

"Well, that is so not the case. I blame James, not you. You didn't pull that fucking trigger. He did. That piece of shit dope head took our parents away, not you. Please, you need to understand. I am begging you to believe me when I say that I would never blame you for what happened."

Bella gave Edward a few moments to mull that over and finished where she left off. "I love you, so very much. You've been so good to me over the years ... taking such special care of me. You're the best bruv anyone could ever hope to have."

With that said, Bella moved in closer to Edward and rested her cheek on his. She inhaled his manly scent and wished that this whole conversation about the military would just go away, like it was never going to happen. Bella then placed the pads of her fingers on the nape of Edward's neck and gently massaged them up through his bronze tousled hair. Edward responded with an hum.

Edward held Bella tightly to him, basking in the honeysuckle sweetness of her long wavy hair. He moved his fingers up and down her back, giving her little pecks here and there on her neck and shoulders. Edward chose his next words carefully.

"I ... Shit! I don't want to be away from you. I seriously don't. But I have to do what feels right for me ... and this feels like the right decision after all that has happened. My heart will hurt every day that I am not near you, baby."

Bella's eyes closed, reveling in the feeling of her brother's sensual touch. He always knew how to calm her and make her feel special, unconditionally loved. She never wanted this feeling to end but had to come to grips with her present reality.

"Okay," she said in a soft baby like voice. "When do you leave?".

"Well, um, my basic training is in San Antonio, Texas. I think it's like six weeks long. After graduation, I'll be stationed at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, Mississippi. That's where the tech school is for my training. That'll last three months." Edward was staring at Bella, trying to gauge her reaction to the inevitable that he really was leaving. She motioned for him to continue.

"So, I leave one week from tomorrow. I have two layovers before I land in Texas. Granny and Grandpa already know. Don't be mad, okay? I told them that I wanted to speak with you first and in private." Bella closed her eyes, willing her tears away.

"Baby girl, please don't cry again. I'll e-mail you and try to come home as much I possibly can, okay? I earn thirty days of leave for each year I serve." Bella nodded, her lip quivering in the process.

"I won't find out where my permanent duty station will be until I'm midway through tech school. I had to make five choices for duty stations. Of course Fairchild Air Force Base was my number one preference on the list." Edward gave his heartwarming crooked grin while Bella's expression turned to confusion. Edward picked up on this and had to clarify. "You know? Fairchild is here in Washington State."

Bella's facial features quickly lit up and her expression turned to a feeling of hope at this revelation. This made Edward's heart flip-flop around. He wanted to ensure Bella that they would stay in close contact no matter what.

"I'll e-mail you or call when I find out where my permanent duty station will be, okay? Oh, and you can write me all you want while I'm in basic training. Actually, I'll have to send the first letter so you can get the address, 'cause I can't call you."

She again nodded, afraid of her words. Bella never imagined in a million years that Edward would ever be separated from her. Bella wondered about the phone calls and asked Edward to clarify.

"I was told during those first three weeks of basic training that I wouldn't have privileges yet to make phone calls. But I can make a call to you once a week after the three weeks have gone by."

She eventually sighed, wanting to give up this conversation, knowing she needed to decompress for the rest of the evening. Bella grabbed Edward's hand and led him downstairs to the family room. She informed him that they needed to catch up on their weekly TV shows and asked for no arguments.

It took a while, but Bella and Edward finally caught up on most their favorite episodes. All hail to the DVR. Edward made a lame joke during Grey's Anatomy, saying it was more drama than the Young and the Restless. Bella just rolled her eyes at him, not even paying attention to what drama was ensuing.

Bella later commented that his watching Monday Night Raw made her feel embarrassed for him, seeing as how the acting and wrestling showdowns were so fake and horribly choreographed; not to mention tonight's guest was Pee Wee Herman. WTF? She just couldn't believe how he would stoop so low as to find that quality entertainment. No worries, Bella thought, it was one of the many compromises they made for each another.

Edward let out a pffft at her statement and playfully retorted, "Whatever, dude. Monday Night Raw is tha bomb. I watch it to see my girl, Maryse." Edward waggled his eyebrows and Bella snorted, turning her eyes back to the television.

After many hours and countless shows guaranteed to lower anyone's IQ, the siblings both yawned and stretched, indicating their need for sleep. Bella shyly asked Edward if she could stay in his room for the night. Bella felt lost and insecure about the very near future and needed his closeness and touch to lull her back into a protective bubble, even if it was only temporary.

Edward quickly responded with a yes and grabbed her hand. Both the siblings told their grandparents goodnight and proceeded to walk side by side up the stairs. Bella opened her bedroom door and quickly changed into her sleepwear, while Edward rummaged around in his dresser for a pair of basketball shorts.

The siblings finally settled down in Edward's bed for the night. They were some distance apart, covered up and facing each other in the semi-darkness. Edward hated the space between the two, so he beckoned for Bella to "come here." She quickly scooted into his embrace and was finally wrapped up in his warmth and manly scent. She nestled her head into the crook of his neck and shoulder; they both murmured their love for one another before saying good night.

Edward began to lightly snore, indicating that he was asleep. Bella, on the other hand, could not fall into that same comfort. Instead, Bella replayed the day back and forth in her mind, willing the inevitable to not occur. She suddenly had no idea what the future held, its uncertainty ripping her heart in two. And for once in her life, lying in his arms, she found little comfort in the one person who promised to always be her rock.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.