Program Results: Not Quite What We Expected - Cover

Program Results: Not Quite What We Expected

Copyright© 2010 by Ol'Mac

Chapter 1

Monday 7:02 A.M. : Brentwood High School

On Monday during the eleventh week of the fall semester I arrived at my school, Brentwood High, to witness a very strange scene. There wasn't a light on anywhere in the buildings and only one vehicle was in the parking lot. As I pulled up beside this car, I noticed 'Police Tape' draped across the front entrance doors. Visions of weekend vandalism ran through my head as I climbed from my car and approached the other. I noticed two people that I assumed were detectives. When they stepped from their auto, I identified myself as Principal Mark Adams and asked what was going on.

The one closest to me identified himself as Detective Rossi and his partner as Detective Samuels. He then informed me of a court-ordered injunction that had closed the school until their investigation into the recent rash of assaults was completed.

At this point I felt my eyebrows trying to hide in my hairline as I blurted out, "Assaults!?!"

"Yes, and in some cases, multiple assaults," stated Rossi.

"But ... but, no one has been assaulted here that I know of," I sputtered out.

"That may be true, but the only commonality that links all these cases is the fact that the suspects attended school here," Rossi affirmed. He then asked, "Do you know: Allen Marshal, Debbie Larson, Ed Bollard, Lois Cantor or Phyllis Merchant?"

That's when the other shoe dropped. All those kids had been participants in The Program and all had been missing for a week or more now. The phrase, "Oh My God!" escaped my lips as my stomach fell to my feet.

Recovering myself a bit, I stated, "Yes, I do know all of those kids. They have all been absent for at least a week, if not more, from school. Are they all right?" I asked.

"They are fine," Rossi stated, "they are also the primary suspects in the assaults and they are currently residing in protective custody at the Juvenile Detention Facility in town."

My eyebrows were, once again, trying to merge with my hairline, as I cried out, "What ... how ... this can't be true!"

"I'm afraid it is though," affirmed Rossi, "Now, can you have a seat in the back of our vehicle and take us through a normal week for one of your students selected for The Program?"

I nodded yes while reaching for the door handle. When we were seated, the detectives faced toward the center of the car and asked if they could record my statement. I again nodded yes and they clipped a mic on the front seat facing me.

Turning the recorder on, Rossi said, "This is the primary statement taken from Principle Mark Adams of Brentwood High School. The date is November 28 and the time is 7:06 A. M. In attendance are: Detective First Class Samuel Rossi, Detective First Class Allen Samuels and Principal Mark Adams. Principal Adams has not been read his Miranda rights, so nothing in this statement can be used as evidence in any proceeding. The statement is being given freely and is simply background information in regards to Cases: DCI 40198 through 40203. You can begin whenever you are ready Principal Adams."

Nodding my head again, I could feel myself falling into 'lecture' mode, as I said, "OK then. This a brief summary of the procedures used during a typical week for a student selected to participate in The Naked in School Program. During the week prior to the students Program week, the staff in charge of selection conduct several meetings. At these meetings, all possible candidates are discussed with the emphasis on whether or not the staff feel they would benefit the most from participation. These meetings are informal and follow a 'Round Robin' structure. Anyone attending is free to inject any information they feel is pertinent. At the last meeting, normally on Friday, the finalized list is drawn up and those files are sent to the staff that will intercept the participants on Monday morning. The staff assigned to Monday interception include: Vice-Principal Myers, Vice-Principal Leon and Program Councilor Rodgers as a back up. On Monday morning, only the main school entrance is unlocked. This is done to facilitate the interception of that weeks participants. Once all that weeks participants are in the main office, they are directed to the specific office that is set up as the site for their initial orientation into The Program. During orientation, we attempt to answer all the questions these students might have. After disrobing the students are then sent onto their regular classes along with a pamphlet that covers all the rules associated with The Program. I do have some in my office if you'd like to have a copy."

Gathering my thoughts, I then said, "As for what happens after they leave my office, I have to depend mostly on reports from the staff, as well as my own observations."

Rossi then asked, "What psychology degrees do your staff hold?"

"Well, I'd have to pull some files to be certain, but I believe Vice-Principle Myers holds a MS degree in Child Psychology, as well as a BS degree in Behavioral Modification Psychology. Councilor Rodgers holds a BS in Child Psychology as well as some others that I would have to look up. I myself, hold a Masters in Child Psychology and a Masters in Educational Development. I'm also in the process of finishing up the requirements for my PhD in Educational Development."

"Are you aware of any of the minors we have in custody belonging to acting, or drama groups?"

"Not off the top of my head. But I could easily check our records for that information."

As Samuels was about to ask something, a police cruiser pulled into the next slot over. Rossi then asked, "Would it be possible to continue this in your office?"

I replied, "Certainly. We won't be disturbing any evidence doing that, will we?"

"No, I don't believe we will. The tape was put up primarily to warn folks off from trying to enter," Rossi answered.

At this, Samuels reached down and turned off the recorder. We then exited their vehicle while Samuels ordered the uniformed officers to watch the front. When we arrived at the front entrance Rossi released one edge of the tape and using my master key I disarmed the security system, unlocked the door and ushered them in.

The quiet in the hallways was almost spooky as I mentally compared it to what should have been Monday morning bedlam. As I opened the door to my office I noticed that it was set up for a Program Orientation Session.

The two straight backed chairs were facing my desk with boxes for storing the participant's clothing along with one face down pamphlet on each. I motioned the Detectives to the chairs and mentioned the Pamphlets, saying they were welcome to those copies. When they first turned over the Pamphlets, a strange expression passed over the faces of both men. They then, almost in unison, looked at each other while some kind of silent communication passed between them. Rossi then put the mic and recorder on my desk while noting the time and that this was a continuation of my statement.

Rossi then noted, "These chairs are extremely uncomfortable. Is that intentional?"

"Yes it is, detective. We've found that if we provide the type of chair you are sitting in for the initial orientation session, it tends to cut down on superfluous questions by the participants."

"Oh, I'll just bet it does," Rossi responded, "I also noticed that these chairs seem to be about three inches shorter than your seating position. Is that intentional too?"

"Again, yes it is. We've found that it helps to curb the 'Teen Belligerence Syndrome'."

"I also note that in the 'Greeting' portion of the Pamphlet, the child's parents are the first authority figures mentioned as having 'approved' their participation. Is that true, or is it just another layer of control being used?" Samuels asked.

"Here, let me quote it; "Your Parents, the Administration of your High School, and your Community ... etc." He then stated, "That would seem to cover just about every 'fall back' authority the child could think of. Was that intentional as well, and more importantly, was it true? Do you have actual signed consent forms from the children's parents, or guardians?"

"Yes we do and I'll certainly supply you with some copies if you'd like. Also, the wording was intended as the final closing off of the "Paths of Resistance" the child could latch on to. When The Program first began there were some problems that cropped up in regards to the "Non-Consensual" nature of its application. Disruptive behavior was the normal response and I've since learned that this led to quite a few physically enforced disrobing sessions. Since we wanted the children's entrance into The Program to be as smooth as possible, we looked for psychological ways to overcome their initial reluctance."

"That's certainly an interesting application and yes, we would like to look over some of those consent forms." Rossi responded and then asked, "I'm assuming you do have security video monitors and archived recordings, don't you?"

"We certainly do, as our insurance coverage demands it. All security recordings are kept on one server for a full seven years before being deleted."

"And what areas are covered by the monitors?"

"Well, mostly the hallways and problematic trouble spots like: showers and locker rooms, restrooms, conference rooms, offices, stairwells, anywhere that an individual could be trapped and out of sight of the general population."

"Who would we get in touch with to obtain copies of some monitor footage?"

"I believe that would be Dr. John Harris over at central storage. Dr, Harris is also the head of physiological research for the school district and uses the archives as a kind of "live capture" data base to do studies from. I'm sure we have the street address around here somewhere."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.