Thursday's Child - Cover

Thursday's Child

Copyright© 2010 by Kaffir

Chapter 13

The new van was put into use as soon as the Damsels started work again in the New Year but within a very short time it was being used for what it was intended: the more distant jobs. Becca and Nell organised their work so that Becca generally worked on distant jobs and estimates while Nell did those that she could reach on her bicycle.

In the meanwhile, the girls descended on the new house and redecorated it from top to bottom. There were no repairs that they were not capable of fixing themselves. Penny and Anita moved in on New Year's Eve taking Sue and Maureen with them.

Becca and three or four of the girls visited the children's home every day in the week after Christmas. Becca went in the afternoons for games as Garry was free at that time, being in class during the morning. The home did not have holidays as such. Edna did not have the resources to take the children on expensive outings. All the same, she did her best to get more people in to talk about various subjects and to do demonstrations.

Garry was cheerful throughout and was talking much more. Polly was in constant attendance and it was clear that a close friendship was developing. Becca was also delighted that Garry was engaging more with the other children. When, in the New Year, Becca told him that she would be away for three days at Harrogate modelling for Soignée he accepted it even though there was a moment of sadness.

"I'll have more time to work on the monkey," he said. "I might even have it ready by the time you get back."

"Good luck but don't spoil it by rushing it," said Becca.

"Don't worry. I won't let him," said Polly.

The Soignée trip went without a hitch. Alison Thorpe took no chances this year having Becca to stay with her. The male model was again good looking and charming but, although his eyes widened when he first met Becca, he never put a foot wrong. Becca mentioned that Edna had told her of Alison's visits to the children's home.

"I enjoy it. I'm only getting the ones who are genuinely interested now and it's very rewarding. I'd like to think that a few of them may join us later as cutters and seamstresses and that we can give them further training in design," she replied.

"The place has improved by leaps and bounds under Edna," said Becca.

"I can imagine. She's full of ideas and energy."

"She's also very caring and the children trust her."

"I can imagine. So you're obviously still helping out."

"Yes. I'm very honoured actually. I was asked to help with a special case." She told Alison about Garry. "I think we're winning slowly."

"It certainly sounds like it. Well done, you!"

Becca left with another dress. She picked a slightly more glamorous one than the previous year.

"Aha!" said Alison. "My favourite butterfly is starting to spread her wings."

Becca giggled. "Got to keep my man simmering."

Steven met her at the station just after ten. She refused to show him the dress when she arrived home. "Special surprise for a special occasion," she said haughtily but spoilt it by getting the giggles.

"Ho!" said Steven. "I see. I'm not sure such impertinence doesn't deserve a smacked bottom."

"You'd never dare," she answered her eyes dancing.

"Care to bet?"

"A tanner?" she gurgled.

Steven was unable to keep a straight face but nevertheless seized her by the wrist and pulled her into the sitting room where he put her over his knee. He lifted the hem of her dress and pulled her knickers down to her knees.

"A wife should deny her husband nothing," he intoned and started to spank her: not hard but enough to turn her bottom pink. After six strokes he stroked it lightly.

"Have you learnt your lesson, madam?" he asked pompously.

Becca blew him a raspberry.

"Oh dear, very well," said Steven resignedly and repeated the spanking and the stroking. He repeated his question.

"Boo hoo!" wailed Becca. "Pleathe kith it better, Unca Thteven."

Steven complied stroking the back of her thigh as he did so.

"I think," said Becca, "I need deeper therapy."

Steven rolled her over and picked her up in his arms.

"So do I," he said kissing her lips and carried her upstairs where they remained until lunchtime.

"I must go and visit Garry and see how the girls are," she said as they ate, "but I'd much rather stay with you, my love."

"I haven't got anything much on this afternoon. How about if I came with you?"

Becca's smile lit up the room. "Oh, yes please," she cried. "Oh, you darling!" She went round the table to kiss him.

Garry was clearly thrilled to see Becca and was relaxed and friendly with Steven.

"I'm afraid I haven't finished the monkey," he said.

"Don't worry, Garry. I'm glad you haven't tried to rush things."

"I met Mr Dowgill yesterday and he made some suggestions."

"That's good."

Garry nodded enthusiastically.

"He said that what Garry had done was jolly good," said Polly who inevitably was there also.

Garry shuffled his feet in embarrassment. "He also said you'd taught me jolly well," he said.

Polly smiled happily. "And he said he thought you were a natural."

"Oh shut up, Polly!"

"Well, I think that's wonderful. You can be proud of yourself, Garry," said Becca.

"Hear! Hear!" said Steven. "I look forward to seeing the finished product. What about your kingfisher, Polly?"

"It's finished but I won't show it to you until Garry shows you his monkey."

"OK," said Becca. "I can hardly wait. What's happened to the choir now that Christmas is over?"

"Mrs Yates is keeping it going for Sunday services," replied Garry. "The psalms are a bit tricky but we're going to learn some ansums as well."

"Anthems," corrected Polly. "I've joined too."

"Great!" exclaimed Becca. "And what are you? A soprano?"

"Yes."

Steven and Becca dropped in on Edna on their way out and wished her a happy New Year.

"Garry's coming on really well. Thank you so much, Becca dear."

"I think Polly has done more for him than I have."

"She's certainly helped. She was quite shy too, nowhere near as bad, but a bit quiet and withdrawn. They're both beginning to blossom and there's a deep friendship developing. They're both doing each other good."

"I'm glad. Any reports from the hospital?"

"All's well and they reckon he'll be into a light bandage in a week's time, thank goodness. Every time he does physio it has to come off and then be retied afterwards. Still," she grinned, "it keeps Nurse busy. He's very good about his physio too: never misses a session and does it thoroughly."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.