Insubordination - Cover

Insubordination

Copyright© 2010 by RPSuch

Chapter 12

A few days later I showed up at The Shillelagh, sidled up to the bar and requested a brew. Liam chuckled. It never got old.

I was seated at a table when Darcy walked in. I waved her over. She kissed me on the lips. She was not FBI.

I lied about having been so busy. She pretended to believe me.

She said, "Why don't we catch up?"

I thought we had been catching up, but then I saw the twinkle in her eyes. I got up, put an arm around her shoulder and headed for the door.

I would genuinely miss Maeve. Soon, I would miss Darcy as well.

That was the last time I went to The Shillelagh.

I was on a month-to-month lease. I never contacted the landlord and didn't take a single thing from my place. I left food in the refrigerator to go bad. I didn't leave the key.

Two weeks later I called the FBI office in Philadelphia. I left a message for Roy Rodgers. I said he should call his taxidermist.

Maeve returned the call. I knew her voice.

"Thanks for calling, Roy."

"I hear you're dead. They don't have an official time assigned to that, but you disappeared suddenly as if you were coming right back and then you didn't.

"I asked after about a week and Frank said he hadn't heard from you, but he would tell you I was looking for you if he talked to you.

"The next time I asked, Mickey said he was afraid you were never coming back anywhere. He was sorry. Those things happen."

"Thanks for the update."

"If you need me in the future, we're keeping Roy Rodgers in place."

"Good luck." And goodbye.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.