Princess Linden, the Avenger of Calvar! - Cover

Princess Linden, the Avenger of Calvar!

Copyright© 2010 by BikeWriter

Chapter 3

Later that night, Linden awoke feeling compelled to be nearer Camden. She had lost so many loved ones in her short life she couldn't bear the thought of losing her, too. She climbed out of bed and crept silently into Camden's suite with intentions of lying on the floor to be near her. Camden awakened instantly as if her own mind were already tuned to the small Child's. She seemed to instinctively know what Linden needed. "Come into my bed, my Darling. Go ahead and cry if you need to and I'll hold you." Little Linden finally had the luxury of a safe place to mourn all those she had lost!

Linden's days were filled with playing with Vandar and planning fashions and entertainments with Queen Camden. She also accompanied Camden in most of her meetings with King Wildar's advisers. Though she and Camden both enjoyed their form of play, she was actually being trained in the practical side of running a Monarchy.

When King Wildar made his triumphant return from retaking Calvar, he was met at his Castle doors by his eternal love, Camden. She was beaming proudly and holding a small spoiled Royal brat on each hip. After the joyful reunion, he was much gratified to hear Linden say, "Mother told me you have retaken Calvar!"

Wildar looked a question at his Queen. She proudly nodded and smiled happily. He was pleasantly surprised and pleased she had gotten along so well with his Cousin's young Daughter. Camden turned her head and kissed Linden, then she spoke gently to the Child. "I'm your new Mother, that means Wildar must be your new Father!"

Linden nodded and laughed happily and reached for Wildar. Wildar squeezed Camden, Vandar, and Linden, then he took the happy Children from Camden's arms. "Yes, my beautiful Daughter," he joyfully said, as he bounced a cherished Child in each strong arm, "I have retaken Calvar for you. We will rebuild the Castle, and one fine day, I will see to it that you return there in triumph as its beautiful Queen!" He strode proudly into his love-filled Castle; his own devoted Queen at his side.

Later, King Wildar frequently took trips to Calvar to personally look over its governing and rebuilding. Linden told him she would receive delegations of her people in Zuldar. She had fled her country as an orphaned Child, she would only return to it as its Queen as her birth Mother, Queen Margo, had wanted.

King Wildar was as doting a Parent as Queen Camden. He did his best to make up for his frequent absences from the Castle by making some time to be with the Children every day he was there.

Linden quickly learned she could wheedle King Wildar into agreeing with almost anything she wanted. She'd grab his thick beard with her tiny hands, she'd rub his big, aristocratic nose with her cute little button one, and then she'd kiss him enthusiastically. If he failed to agree with her instantly she would quickly resort to her alternate plan, which consisted of her talking Baby talk to him. That cute little trick rarely failed to bring him around!

Linden was happy at Zuldar, but her Blood would not allow her to forget her past. The little Princess had already made a conscious decision that she would never be the helpless victim her birth Mother had been. She resolved it was time to begin her training, and she held a council of war with Sir Klaron at their next private moment. "Commander Sir Klaron." She intoned seriously. Sir Klaron recognized the serious tone in her voice; he stiffened and came to rigid attention!

"Yes, Your Majesty?" He asked briskly in his best military manner.

"I must prepare to rule Calvar." The young girl told him. She spoke sternly with her thin arms folded across her narrow chest. One tiny fist came up to her face and she rested her chin on it in serious thought.

"Wildar and Camden see to it that I am instructed in diplomacy and in tact, but they wish to protect and coddle me as if I were a little Child. It is Prince Vandar they train for war! I want you to prepare a course of study for me, immediately. When I grow up I wish to be at least as skilled as Prince Vandar at all methods of warfare."

"Yes, Your Highness." Klaron said with respect. "I have already taken the liberty of crafting a small longbow and a supply of arrows, they're concealed in a nearby grove of trees. We can begin your training with them today. Also, I've almost completed smithing your first set of swords and daggers, in an appropriately small size, of course."

The little Princess looked up in awe at Sir Klaron, then her mouth closed, and her startled look changed to a smile. "Don't smirk at me, Sir Klaron!"

"Never, Your Majesty!" Sir Klaron spoke with conviction but an amused and pleased smile remained on his handsome face as he bowed respectfully before his little Princess.

Though his motives were pure and were never questioned, Sir Klaron had already profited greatly for his unswerving loyalty to her. King Wildar rewarded him generously, endowing him with the title of Count, a large income, and gifted him with a huge estate of richly productive farmland and pasture. The grateful King had also declared Sir Klaron a Hero of the Realm of Zuldar for his invaluable services in rescuing Linden.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.