What It Was Was a Rich Kid in a Small Town in Texas
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2010 by cmsix

Western Sex Story: Chapter 1 - We lived a little south of Ft Worth and my Dad Owned the General Store in town. After the Civil War was over I took up shooting regulators for sport. My Dad never caught on for sure, but he encouraged me to Go West, young man, Go West.

Caution: This Western Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa  

I had it made and I knew it. My dad owned the big General Store in town and he was wealthy. We had a big ranch too, but Dad wasn't much a part of it. He furnished the money to buy the land and build the buildings. Our house was the largest anywhere around us, and even though it wasn't a rich county we were the richest people in it.

I didn't have much to do with Dad's store but I loved the ranch and working the cattle. Of course we had a foreman to make sure the hands took care of the cattle and the horses, but I had a regular job on it too. I was as close to a working cowhand as I could get, being the owner's son and all. I helped moving the cattle from pasture to pasture to keep them from over grazing spots and I was always around for branding or doctoring and such.

Still, it wasn't like a real job as a working cowhand would be. After all, my daddy owned the place and it was for damned sure I wasn't going to get fired. I really worked though, at least I did after I finished my schooling. The eight grade was enough of it for me and I liked working with the cows and horses much better than sitting in the one room schoolhouse.

I really liked hunting varmints and I used hell out of my Henry and my Sharp's 50-70 rifle. I brought in wolves by the dozen and I even skinned and tanned every hide from every wolf I took. Not to mention the few fur animals I could get.

My Dad tried to interest me in his store, but I wasn't having any of it. I didn't give the first shit about who wanted to buy what. I was polite to the customers and as helpful as I could be when I was forced to spend time there, but I hated it and I never let my Dad wonder about my feelings.

Daddy tried to build it up to me by taking me on buying trips to Ft Worth and I'll admit I liked the big city a little. Only trouble was it was only a week or so every now and then in Ft Worth and I usually ended up looking at ranching stuff while I was there. My biggest thing to come out of visiting Ft Worth was when I found a little company making cattle wormer. I talked my Dad into buying it and after we used it for six months our next drive to Ft Worth had the buyers nearly fighting over our stock and they brought three dollars a head over anyone elses.

It didn't sound likke much when you said it fast, but we took fifteen hundred head to market that year and forty-five hundred dollars extra was nothing to sneeze at.

Of course that was before the war started. Daddy nearly shit himself worrying about me joining the confederate army, and I'll admit I helped it along by reading up on everything that came in the paper about it.

The truth was I didn't give a fat rat's ass over waht the Yankees were doing and I gave even less of a shit about owning slaves. We didn't have a one on the place and none of us wanted any either. Daddy had given up on them years ago. They weren't worth a shit for working cattle because you couldn't trust them not to ride off when you put them on a horse, especially if you let them have a gun when they did it, and you couldn't work cows without a gun to run off wolves and other thieving animals.

Therefore we didn't give a damn if there were slaves around or not. We didn't have any investment in any and if they were outlawed we wouldn't loose a penny. Hell, most folks in Texas were in the same boat. We didn't raise cotton in Texas much and we didn't need a bunch of slaves to chop it or pick it.

I guess there must have been some fools using them though because Texas jumped out of the Union right along with the other southern states. Still, if Texans wanted to fight in the war they mostly had to move further east since we didn't raise a big standing army. Hell, I always figured it was from lack of interest.

The Union army never even made much of a try at attacking in Texas and we did at least have enough in the Army here to keep their asses out.

Really the war was good to us, specifically. Our beef brought more to feed the confederate Army and we supplied a lot of it. It did work its bad spots on Daddy's General Store though. Anything to do with fighting a war was cut off at the pass by blockades. He ran completely out of firearms to sell, among other things and black powder got hard to come by for a while there.

Luckily I had ahead of time news and bought up four thousand rounds for my Henry and a keg of black powder for my sharps rifle. I even managed to buy a Walker Colt that came in via smuggling and I was happy enough with it.

I was also happy as hell when the local gunsmith converted it to fire the 44 rimfire cartridges my Henry used. It took him three weeks to get it done, but after that all I needed the black powder for was my Sharp's rifle and I could never shoot good enough to use it on wolves and such out at the range it would reach. My Dad was happy enough when the war was over and the General Store actually gained a little ground.

The thieving Regulators stopped all that though. They were few and far between in Texas, but some of them did some nasty things. I was sixteen by now and considered myself a man and I had my fill of them even without ever getting really crossways of them.

One day they really pissed me off though. They cooked up some rule saying my Dad couldn't open his store for a week. It was all I could take and I took my best Henry out into the night and hid out in the woods near the road they all used getting to town.

I got lucky on my first day. I shot two of them dead as they rode into town together. I didn't try to rob the bodies but merely climbed down out of my tree and went back home. It was three miles walking each direction, but I stayed in the woods and out of sight.

Two weeks later I was in the woods again, but farther down the road. I shot the other regulator as he was headed into town and now we were rid of them. It only lasted about three weeks before four more of them were sent to our town.

Three weeks later I shot three of them on their way into town and riding together for supposed safety. The other regulator left town and never came back. He was the smart one.

The army must have been mad about this last stunt since they sent twelve troops with the next two regulators. It didn't matter to me since three days after they came to town I shot the two regulators and the Lieutenant leading the troops protecting them.

I expected the soldiers to come out into the woods looking for me, but they never. As soon as the Lieutenant hit the ground they turned tail and hauled their asses. More regulators and another officer to lead the troops to guard them showed up in another week, but when I shot the next two and the Major this time no more were forthcoming.

Oh, it didn't stop the regulators all together, but those were the last assigned here permanently. The others would only drop by for a day or two and they damned sure didn't advertise their presence nor did they make any waves. About six months later we did get another one who though he was something else, but I did for him after two days and his replacement showed up and never did a damned thing except for walking around glad handing and patting backs.

My Dad never asked me anything about the regulators, but I just had the feeling he was onto something. Lo and behold he came up with a flimsy excuse for sending me out West to look over the territory as he called it. It was jake with me, especially since he sent me off on my Sorrel stallion and with the best mule we had. He also gave me a thousand dollars in gold and stocked me up with plenty of ammunition.

It was probably due to the news a new bunch of regulators was coming in. They arrived two days before I was to leave, but wonder of wonders they were staying at the same place all the others had. It meant they had to come down the same road and naturally I was waiting for them.

I gave my Henry a rest that morning and climbed the same old tree with my 50-90 Sharps. I took out the regulators a hundred yards farther out and I cut down the new Lieutennant next. I hit him in the breast bone and he did an amazing back flip off his horse. Two of the six soldiers were dedicated and spurred their horses up the road intending to catch me. I took up the Henry and cashed their chips in and the other four rode back the other way at high speed.

Hell, I had my stallion, Red, and my mule Mose tied under the tree I was in and I took off along the edge of the road, staying in the woods for more than a mile.

I had myself pretty well packed for the trip, but I did stop off in Ft Worth to buy some more butternut jeans and work shirts then I headed North by a little East and went for Independence Missouri. I know it was a long way out of my way, but I had time and I wanted to travel with a wagon train. Hell, the wagonmaster would know the best way and if I could hire on as a wagon driver for someone I'd naturally end up with someone else cooking my meals.

I made it to Ft Worth in two days, did a little shopping, and then lit out for Independence, or you might as well say Kansas City. The only thing I was worried about was highway robbers and I doubted they'd fool with one man on a horse and leading a pack mule. If they'd known one damned thing about Mose, my pack mule, they would have stayed as far away as they could.

Six days I traveled without anyone bothering me, but on the seventh I'd only been riding about two miles when mose made his little racket that let me know he'd spied something up the road. He was funny about such. He knew damned well when we were approaching other horses and he usually let me know about it far in advance.

As usual I slipped my Sharp's rifle out of its saddle scbbard as soon as he made his noise and damned if two men didn't ride out of the woods and head my way with their guns already out. I pulled Red to a halt and lined up on the cloest one. I dropped him pronto and then put in another shell and got the other one too. They were both knocked clean out of their saddles and by the time I reached them they were stone cold dead.

I took a good look around for others but finally got down off Red and looked them over. They were using Walker Colt conversions sorta like mine, but at the range they weren't worth shit. I gathered them up and took their saddle guns and scabbards off their horses and tied them onto min. I nearly skipped looking through their pockets but checked them at the last and was I glad I had. Each of them had six gold double eagles on them and when I looked in their saddle bags I found thirteen more. I packed all their things on top of Mose's load then stripped off their clothes and boots and strapped them on Mose too. I dragged their bodies off back into the woods for the scavengers, tied thier horses behind Mose and went on my way.

I stopped off in the next town I came to and got a bite to eat in a cafe. After I finished I went over to the jailhouse and told the sherriff's deputy in there about my dustup down the road. When he asked who I'd snot I told him I didn't have time to ask their name, but I also told him I had their former horses outside.

He came out to look them over and said he'd suspected them of robbing folks down that way, but had never been able to catch them at it.

"You save us some time and money and a lot of aggrivation, Mister. I appreciate it. Did you drop the bodies off at the undertaker's?" he asked.

"Naw, I left them to the woods undertaker. They're probably half ate up by now," I said.

He shivered at that, but didn't say anything and I climbed up on Red, made like a baby, and headed out. Right at the last the deputy told me there had been a few robberies north of town too.

I made about three milles out of town and then rode into the woods and made camp. I slept undisturbed and woke at sunrise. I was about to build a fire to cook breakfast when I heard some talking on up the road. I left Red and Mose grazing hobbled, took my Henry, and slipped up through the woods.

Damned if I didn't come up on two men waiting in the woods as if to pull the same stunt on someone else. I nearly shot them right off the bat, but decided to wait in case they had some reasonable reason for waiting like that.

I could have saved myself the trouble since when I saw a wagon coming down the road they got down and finished chopping a tree to fall across the road. Sure enough the wagon had to stop and the two mounted up to head for it. I nailed both their asses before they cleared the woods and then went out to the road and helped the old man move the tree out of the road.

"All I want to know is why you chopped it down in the first place?" he asked me.

"I never chopped it down. Those two dead robbers did it. Two robbers, what were they robbing?" he asked.

"They were gonna rob you. They chopped down the tree to stop you and when they mounted up to try it I shot their asses for it," I said.

"Much obliged mister. I ain't got much and sure can't afford to give it to no robbers," he said.

"Well, when you get into town you can tell that deputy sherrif you talked to the man who killed the two south of town yesterday and tell him I appreciate the warning about these two he gave me. Go ahead and tell him I took care of them too.

The old man said he'd give him my message and I went back into the woods to gather my new stock.

One of them was a nice bay mare and the other was a poor dun gelding. I could tell at once why they'd cut the gelding and it was so he couldn't pass his big ugly head on down to his get.The bay was nice though and she looked like she was a steeldust mare, or close kin to one. I was going to keep her. The poor dun had by far the best saddle so I swapped them off and put both saddle scabbards on the bay along with both Henrys they's had. Apparently they hadn't been too good at robbing since they only had around sixty dollars each. Both of them were wearing Walker Colts, just like mine had been before the conversion. I took both gunbelts and Colts though. I still remembered how to load a black powder pistol. They even had a leather bag with about five pounds of black powder in it.

I was going to keep the bay mare and the good saddle so I put both saddle scabbards on her and I also loaded her saddlebags with all that came out of either pair.

The rest of the day was peaceful until nearly sunset. There was a wagon ahead of me and I'd come up within a hundred feet of it when three assholes rode out of the woods shooting. I pulled my Henry and cut loose on them and knocked all three of them to the ground. I rode up front and finished off the two I'd only wounded.When I turned back to the wagon I could see a woman trying to help a dead man get over it.

I got down off Red and tied him to the mules harness and went to try and help her. She'd done figured out it weren't no use hy the time I got back there. I asked her what she wanted to do with him and she said, "Bury him, I guess."

I noticed she wasn't crying or nothing but I didn't ask no questions. I found a shovel in the wagon and dug him a hole and then put him in it.

"Do you want to say a few words over your husband before I cover him up?" I asked her.

"Oh. That wasn't my husband. I'd just hired him to drive my wagon up to catch onto a wagon train to Oregon. My husband died two weeks ago trying to break a horse. He got throwed and it broke his neck. I don't really even know that man," she said.

"I'll cover him up then," I said, and did it. Of course I took the sixty dollars he had in his pockets.

She was still sitting in the wagon when I came back and she finally got off the dime and asked me if I'd drive the wagon for her since she never had.

"I'll be happy to help you out Ma'am, but I want to deal with the two men I shot first," I said.

"Oh. I guess you need to bury them too then?" she said, but it sounded like a question.

"No, I don't aim to bury them. I just want to check their bodies and see if there's anything I want off 'em and I need to catch up their horses too. As far as their bodies go it's what they get for going around trying to rob decent folks," I said.

I found something I'd never seen before on one of them, but I'll admit I could have used something like it a time or two. It was a big belt buckle with a double barrelled derringer hid behind it in a clip sort of thing. It must be a sure enough handful to shoot though because it held the same 44 rimfire cartridges like my Henrys and my revolver uesed. They also had four gold double eagles each in their pockets.

All three of them had good horses, one Dun, and two Sorrel stallions. Their saddles looked fairly new too as well as the saddle scabbards for their Henry's. They were all wearing Walker Colts too, but they were still using black powder and lead to load them. Oh well, if I ever found another gunsmith that could do the conversion I'd have plenty to convert.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.