The Id and the Ego
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2010 by Anthony Concept

Jen and I consummated our romance with a long and languorous lovemaking session. Both fully sated, we lay back in each other's arms.

"Jenny, I'm the most contented man in the world. I know that it's still early days but how do you feel about making an honest man out of me?"

"Shouldn't that be the other way around Jimmy, you making me an honest woman?"

"Ah ha, answering a question with a question, I can see that I'll have to keep my wits about me when we talk."

"To be honest, the idea frightens me a little, at the moment I don't think Mum would be too keen on us tying the knot and although the old Jimmy and I had some history it's still only early days for 'us'. I love you deeply but do you feel the same way about me or is this just a little bit of guilt reaction?"

"Guilt? no Jen, I've learned to understand my feelings over the eons. Although it's early days as you put it, I know exactly how I feel towards you; there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever, I love you."

"As I said, Mum won't be too keen on this but it's something we have to discuss with her. I would love to be your wife Jimmy, this ego thing has still got me a bit nervous though. Perhaps in time I'll get used to it."

"I won't rush you love, we've got a lifetime ahead of us. I suppose we better get up, Sally and Bob should be back soon." No sooner the words were out of my mouth I heard the unmistakeable sound of the Buggati coming up the driveway. "Looks like they're back Jen, I'll go on down while you get tidied up."

Sally was obviously impressed with the Buggati, "That was the most exhilarating car ride I've ever had Bob, that car is something really special; I can see why poor old Harry thought so highly about it."

"He did indeed, the hours we both spent restoring the old girl were hours of pleasure; the result is proof in itself. I'm greatly honoured that he left it to me in his will, it's something I will cherish for the rest of my life."

Bob bid us all fair well and drove off. Sally had 'that' glow about her and I couldn't resist pulling her chain. "Seems like Bob's sniffin' around a certain lady, what do you think Jen?"

"Yeah, sure seems like it to me Jimmy, he's a bit old for Mum though; he must be at least fifty years old."

"I have you know young lady that I'm not the far off of being 'old' as you put it. Bob is a very nice gentleman and I'm sure he's just being neighbourly."

"Sniff, sniff, hmmm, and you're not interested?"

...

"Tell us more about Harry Jimmy, he was obviously a wealthy man judging by this house." We were sitting in the sun room at the time when Sally posed the question.

"Where to start? young Harry was a very troubled young man. It was towards the end of the second world war; the family owned a large clothing factory. The father had been awarded a contract to provide uniforms for the services, being a conscientious person he threw himself into meeting production quotas. Sadly he pushed himself too hard to the point he collapsed with a massive stroke, he didn't recover. Young Harry was devastated but continued on, helping his mother run the factory.

"Harry at that time was seventeen and from what I've been told was a quiet individual. The factory continued to meet quotas and things ran smoothly for several months before disaster hit the family again. Harry's mother and sister had gone down to London to visit Harry's aunt, an unexploded bomb in the demolished house next to where the aunt lived suddenly became active; the whole family were killed.

"Faced with the death of his only relatives and the burden of running the clothing factory, Harry lost the will to live and took an overdose. As Harry's ego faded I entered his form, mustering as much strength in his body as I could, I struggled out onto the footpath where someone found me.

"I was rushed to the hospital and they pumped out my stomach thus saving Harry's life. When I recovered, the family lawyer had a long discussion with me. Because I didn't have Harry's history I needed to convinced the lawyer that the overdose had given me amnesia, he had his doubts for a while but after asking a lot of questions I should have been able as the old Harry to answer, I eventually convinced him."

"Poor Harry must have been devastated to take such a drastic step Jimmy."

"He was Jen. As the 'new' Harry, I took up the reins of running the factory and learning the operation at the same time. When the war ended I started manufacturing work apparel and low priced casual wear such as jeans which had started to come into fashion. The company flourished and it wasn't before too long that I was approached by the representative of another company interested in a merger.

"After consideration I agreed to merger with the understanding I would step down and take a non-participating role. This suited my future planning, as although running the factory gave me a purpose, I wanted to pursue a different vocation.

"In my life, previous to Harry, I was a Polish Jew by the name of Ari Kline a goldsmith by calling, more about him later. Free of running the factory I set up my gold smithing business and prospered. I had all the skills of the late Ari, plus a huge advantage of knowing where there was a stockpile of gold. I need to tell you a bit about Ari to explain this 'stockpile'

"Ari's family were well to do Jews living in pre-war Poland, they were prominent in the local society. Ari grew up with a young German lad by the name of Kurt Schnabel, they were close friends. When the Hitler started to make his presence felt, Kurt's family bought him a commission in the German military. As tensions started to escalate Kurt advised Ari that the future of the Jews was very perilous, he warned him that soon the Nazis would start to persecute them and strip them of any assets. He suggested Ari's father close his gold smithing business and hide any valuables. Ari's father took his advice and they buried all their valuables in an old disused farmhouse not far away. They lifted one of the old flagstones and dug a place to secure their wealth, replacing the flagstone and spreading soil over it to disguise it's disturbance.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.