Beth 4 - Cover

Beth 4

Copyright© 2010 by Svengali's Ghost

Chapter 8

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Beth and Tommy continue their journey. A new home, new schools and new adventures. Suggest you read Beth 1 through Beth 3 first.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa  

The week of Thanksgiving was a busy one for me.

Grossfeldt assigned a big project for everyone and reminded us that answers copied from Wikipedia would guarantee a failing grade. So much for the easy way out. Of course, that didn't keep me from doing my research on the Web. I was just careful to double check my references at the library.

It was a good thing I did—I discovered a couple of things in the books that didn't agree with what I'd found Googling. So much for believing everything on the Web! Before I was done I even managed to find a few illustrations in one of the books to include just to prove I'd really had my hands on some dead trees.

I managed to avoid Valery until Wednesday.

"Hi, Tommy!" I turned around to see her bearing down on me. "When can you start posing for me?"

Oh, shit. I'd been dreading this encounter. I wasn't sure why, but something about her offer to pose had me spooked. Like she had some ulterior motive.

"Ah, Valery, how much time is this going to take? I'm really busy. Between school and my photography I don't have much spare time."

"What? No time for dates snuck in there?" she said as she stuck her arm through mine and pushed her impressive boobs against me.

"No, I haven't been out since Beth and I ... well, since I moved back home."

"Tommy, you've got to get out more. There's a party on Saturday. Maybe we could go together."

"Ah, I don't think I can make it, Val. I've got a photo shoot Saturday." Liar, liar! "I'm not sure how long it's going to go."

"Well, if you can make it, I'd love to spend more time with you," she said with a sexy little grin as she walked away. Damn, she had a fine ass.

That night I was cleaning up some files on my computer when the phone rang.

"Tommy? This is Steve Watkins. How are things back there?"

"Well, not too bad. How are you getting along out in sunny LA? Still enjoying dorm life at UCLA?"

"Not bad on this end either. A couple of the guys on my floor are surf nuts and have been trying to talk me into trying it. Ain't gonna happen, surfing looks too much like drowning on the installment plan!"

It wasn't long before the topic of our ladies came up.

"Steve, Beth and I, well, let's just say I've moved back home."

"Whoa! What happened?"

I gave him the short version of our split.

"Sounds like we're having the same kind of luck," Steve said. "Sherry sent my ring back to me, too. Except she used UPS not air mail," he chuckled.

"Damn, sorry to hear that, Steve. The long distance engagement didn't work, huh?"

"Well, that and our last conversation. She ended up calling me a sex fiend when I made a joke about sneaking her into the dorm, and I called her a tight-assed bitch."

"Ouch! That would do it, I suppose. Sorry to hear about it, Steve, we really thought you two would be able to make it, even with the distance."

We talked for another hour or so before hanging up. I sat back wondering if any relationship was perfect. At least Greg and Cindy and Gracie and Joey were having better luck than either Steve or I.


Thanksgiving Day I was sitting in the den when the doorbell rang.

"Tommy, can you get that?" Mom hollered.

"Sure." Now who would be here on turkey day? Kevin was at Gail's celebrating with her and her mom. Greg and Cindy were at his house. It couldn't be ... nah.

It was. "Hi, Tommy, how are you doing?"

"Um, pretty good, Chuck. How are you?" Beth's dad and mom came in followed by...

"Hi, Beth. How are you?"

"Tommy." One word and the temperature dropped fifteen degrees. This was going to be a long day. Why hadn't my folks mentioned Beth and her parents were going to be with us today? I smelled a setup. Beth and I had often commented on how much time our parents spent together and I guess they'd decided to stick their oar in our already-turbulent waters.

Dinner was a little stiff to put it mildly. I tried to get Beth to talk to me and got mainly one word responses.

I did get Chuck talking about his surgery which was fine until Mom's grumbles about "appropriate" dinner table subjects brought things to a screeching halt.

After dinner I tried again to get Beth to talk to me.

"Why Tommy? You obviously don't care what I think."

"Beth, please, I do care. How many times have I called and you just shut me out? Well, I'm right in front of you now, so let's talk."

She just glared at me. "What do we have to talk about? You just walked out and left me! Do you have any idea what that night was like? And if I'd been a little later coming home from school that next day I wouldn't have even seen you! I would have walked into an empty house! You just abandoned me, you son of a bitch!"

"Beth, believe me, I wasn't going to leave until we had a chance to talk, for me to explain why I had to move.

"Beth, I love you and I'd never do anything to purposely hurt you. Please believe me."

Beth just sat there, not saying anything, but not shutting me out, either; more like she was thinking about something and considering what I'd said.

We sat there for some time, neither of us saying a word, each waiting for the other to start.

"Okay you two, enough." Bev had walked into the den. "We've watched the two of you tear each other apart and we've had enough. I'm going to lock the door and not let either of you out until something gets settled, one way or the other.

"Beth, remember the Jeep is at our house, so unless you want to walk...

"And Tommy, we've got Beth's pumpkin pie in the kitchen. If you want a slice..."

Talk about fighting dirty.

We looked at each other. Maybe sneaking up on the problem...

"Beth, why didn't you tell me about your dad? This is the second time you've done this to me. The first time I can understand. I mean we hadn't been together that long and I could see you not wanting to tell me you were going to be alone for Thanksgiving in case I thought you were fishing for an invitation. But this time ... I mean why? Don't I deserve to know when something that important affects you or your family? I thought we could talk about anything. Why?"

At first I wasn't sure she was going to answer.

"Tommy, I've been trying to figure out why I didn't tell you about Dad. I guess it's because I've always been a private person. Maybe it's because I'm an only child and didn't have a lot of friends growing up that I tend to keep things to myself. Mom and Dad were so occupied building their business that I spent a lot of time alone." She barked out a short laugh. "I'd probably have had my head candled if a shrink could have heard me talking to myself back then.

"It's not just you either, it's everybody. The only reason Cindy knew I was going to be alone that first Thanksgiving was that she pestered me about why I was so down until I told her. Does that make any sense?"

"Yeah, yeah it does. I guess I was lucky—my folks spent a lot of time with both Kevin and me. Talking to them just seemed natural.

"You must have been lonely back then," I said quietly as I reached over and gently ran my fingers down her face. She twitched a bit but didn't pull away.

"Yeah, I was. I wonder if that was why I was so shy..."

"Beth, why did you explode that night at the farm? I've been trying to figure out why, but I can't make any sense out of it. You had to know I wouldn't purposely say anything that would hurt you."

I could see her thinking through what I'd asked. It took what seemed like forever before she spoke.

"Tommy, I've been thinking a lot about that night, a lot. Just about every minute that day I was thinking about Dad and worrying about him. I guess when Cindy and Greg insisted on paying car expenses it just ... I don't know, it just added to everything else and then when you didn't back me up it was just too much. That's why I wanted to go to the farm—I was hoping that would relax me, but when you said again you agreed with Cindy and Greg and then I heard the comment about rich girls I-I just lost it! When I got home that night I realized what I'd done and just wanted to die. The next morning when I saw your stuff gone I realized what I'd really done. That I'd thrown away everything—I'd hurt my best friend and what I'd done to you...

"Then when I got home from school Wednesday and saw the trailer I just felt like I was losing everything and I guess I snapped."

We sat there for a few minutes. Silent again, but the hostility had drained out of the room.

After a bit Beth cleared her throat, then in a small voice said, "Tommy, I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me?"

I moved over and sat next to her on the couch. As I pulled her next to me I could feel her relax. Then in an almost fearful voice, "Oh, God, I've really messed thing up haven't I?" she moaned.

"Beth, don't beat yourself up over this. Everybody will understand."

"Everybody?"

"Well, it sounds like you were pretty hard on Cindy and Greg but I think they'll forgive you—as long as you agree to accept their money."

"But I don't need it!"

"I know, but Cindy and Greg NEED to pay it. Believe me. It's a matter of pride. Can you see that?

"Remember what you told me when I wanted to give Cindy her pictures? Well, isn't this the same thing?"

"Tommy, is that why you said those horrible things about me that night at the farm?"

"Beth, I didn't realize I'd said what I did out loud, and I didn't mean it about you.

"You remember Willy from our Friday night café sessions? Well, he told me when we first started seeing each other that I shouldn't get involved with you. He's the one who said a rich girl couldn't understand what the rest of us were like and what it was like not to have everything handed to us. I didn't believe him then and I don't now. I didn't even know I'd repeated it out loud."

She looked at her feet as she thought about that for a few seconds, then looked back at me. "Tommy, do you think it was a mistake? I mean moving in together?"

"I honestly don't know. Sometimes it seemed like maybe it was a mistake and other times it just felt right, but I think I did make a mistake when I gave you the ring."

"I understand," she whispered.

"No, I don't think you do. I'm not saying asking you to marry me was a mistake, just the timing was wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"Beth, that day you asked me about living together was ... well, look, we'd just graduated and were facing a lot of changes and I guess when you started talking about moving to the duplex instead of living at home I kind of panicked. I guess I was afraid I'd lose you if we weren't together. I'd had your ring for almost a month and was trying to find a good time to give it to you. I think I jumped the gun."

"So you didn't mean to give it to me?" she said in a whisper.

"No, it's not that, but I figured out that I'd rushed things, that's all. Look, we've got some things to work out."

"What kind of things?"

"Well, my unwillingness to accept favors for one thing. When you mentioned having me move in with you my first thought was 'our first home together!' It wasn't long after that, though, that I realized whenever I thought about our place I was thinking 'the duplex, ' not 'home.' I spent a lot of my time lately trying to figure out why the change and why I was so twitchy about accepting things from you or your folks. I finally remembered a comment you'd made about how I wasn't like some of the freeloaders who'd wanted to date you before. I guess I sub-consciously wanted to make sure you'd never feel that way about me and I guess I overcompensated."

"Oh, Tommy, I never thought that about you!"

"I know that. It's just convincing that little imp inside my head. I think that's got a lot to do with our car-pool discussion with Greg and Cindy. They don't want anyone to think they're taking advantage either." When I said that I saw Beth go white.

"Oh, God! Is that why they were so insistent about paying me?" I just nodded.

"Oh, I've got to talk to Cindy and apologize!"

"Don't apologize too much! Remember the last time? It's too cold for skinny-dipping and rolling around on a blanket," I said with a little grin.

When she realized I was referring to our foursome at the farm she blushed and I saw a little smile. Maybe things were working out.

"Tommy, I really goofed, didn't I? I mean, I thought they'd offered because they thought I needed the money or something. Oh, shit, I've really messed things up!"

"Nothing that can't be fixed, but do you see why I took their side?" I got a nod in response.

"Is that why you and Greg risked your necks doing the storm windows? To pay back a debt you thought you owed?" Now it was my turn to nod sheepishly.

"Greg even told me he wanted do it all by himself. I had to convince him to let me help," I added.

"Oh, God, Tommy. I've been a real bitch, haven't I?

"I mean I know I get stubborn sometimes, especially when I don't get my way. Chalk it up to being by myself so much. Well that and the fact that I HATE to admit I might not be right all the time.

"Tommy, I'm sorry. Do you think you might give me another chance?" I could see the pleading in her eyes.

"Beth, you know I've always said we were going to be married and I still feel that way. I think we just rushed things a bit."

"So what now?"

"Well..." I said as I stood up and pulled her up for a hug. "Now I think it's time to sample some of that great pumpkin pie!"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.