The Tree House - Book 2 - Cover

The Tree House - Book 2

Copyright© 2010 by AJ Martin

Chapter 9

As Lindie finished that part of her explanation, I pulled off the Interstate. The U-Haul was right there at the exit so I had to leave all my questions at bay and pay attention to the business at hand.

I had to laugh as I signed for the truck and looked at the list of contents the clerk had loaded for me. I guess they work on some sort of commission but it really didn't matter too much to me. He definitely was a salesman and very subtle about it.

There were more than enough boxes for me and then some. But he explained, anything I didn't use, I'd get credit for. He had thrown in an extra hanging clothes carton and best of all he'd added two very important things I hadn't thought of. Packing tape with a dispenser and best of all, a hand truck.

The tape was an essential and I was sure the hand truck would prove invaluable. My apartment was on the second floor and carrying individual cartons down to the van would have been a real task. The hand truck would cut the number of trips out to the van by three-quarters! Plus the hanging cartons full of clothes would be very difficult to carry without it.

Yeah, those were extras costs, but in the end I was sure they would prove to be worth every penny. The real thoughtful part was when everything was signed, sealed and the truck delivered to my trust, the clerk handed me a large envelope with the rental agreement in it.

The envelope was lumpy and as I peered in, there were three industrial sized Magic Markers. I smiled at him. I hadn't thought about needing to write on the boxes what the contents were.

He laughed a little and pointed to some display boxes next to the counter. "There's a place on each box where to write what room the box came from and a brief description about what is in it," he told me.

I thanked him for getting everything ready for me. It was then he added as I glanced back into the envelope, "The markers are courtesy of U-Haul. Have a nice move!"

Smiling at him for everything, I could almost kneel before him in great-full thanks. The day so far was way different than I had expected ... way better than I'd expected ... and ... the surprises just came coming.

Michelle had been just a little fidgety all the while in the U-Haul showroom so after getting the envelope I called out, "Anyone want to ride Shotgun?"

An ear piercing scream let out and if walls could move, they were shaking from the vocal explosion that hit us. Then there was the realization I'd hit that launch button again as I had a guided rocket hurling toward me. She did it again!

How she could charge like that, halt in mid air and land like a feather on me was a conundrum. But like the Bumble Bee that scientists have claimed it can't, it goes ahead and flies. Likewise, Michelle, not knowing about Newton's Laws pertaining to motion, she just does it too.

Anyway, I saw it coming and braced myself for the landing. I tossed the envelope to Lindie who had already started laughing. A split second later I had that lynx wrapped around me yelling "ME!!!" over and over, each word interspersed with a kiss.

Twirling around with her legs firmly wrapped around my waist and her arms entwined at my neck I was in heaven again. As I slowed my dance, I asked about the showroom if there were any other takers.

"DaaaaDDDD!!!" Michelle cried out.

After all, there was no one else but it was fun to tease just a bit.

"OK. You got it," I said and kissed her one last time. Shifting her over to my hip so I could walk, I sauntered with my little Lindie tightly wrapped very lovingly around me. Her head was nestled on my shoulder. We both were in heaven.

I gave Michelle's butt a couple of love taps and she shifted her feet down and climbed into the van's passenger seat. If her smile was any wider I'm sure her face would have split into pieces. It was so nice to see her so happy.

The smile on Lindie's face echoed our daughter's too. I leaned into her for another sampling of those fantastically soft and inviting lips. I sighed at the contact. It took great restraint not to drag her into the back of the van and..." Well, you get the picture.

Then Lindie blew the roof off the top of my head. She hugged into me and told me, "You know Mikey, I've never seen her so happy."

"Really," I whispered to her as I drew my face back and we were nose to nose again.

"Really," she answered.

"I can't tell you how much she has needed two things you are giving her," Lindie told me. "Things she has missed all these years. You and your love."

Then she finished saying, "I really haven't seen her so happy ... ever!

"Things at times have been very hard for her," Lindie added softly after a thoughtful pause.

"And you?" I asked.

Lindie hugged me and we kissed again. I could feel moisture sliding down between our faces. "Me too," she said. "Me too!"

I brushed my hands over the top of her head and down the back of her neck. Sliding them forward, I placed my palms on her cheeks. With my thumbs I drew away a tear from under each of her eyes and across those wonderful cheeks.

"I love you. Both of you," I said. "It's the only thing I could do."

"It's been so long since someone really loved me ... us!" Lindie told me. ""But, we will have to wait to talk about this more. Right now," she continued, "We have to get going if we are to get your apartment packed away and move your things back to Rock Creek."

I sighed as I looked between the now serious face before me and the one that had crackling smile on her face sitting in the cab of the van. "OK," I told Lindie as I let our lips stray over the others. I knew she was right. Plus I knew we would have plenty of time together from now on.

It didn't take long to get to my apartment. The whole short time it took, Michelle was pressed against me. She had shifted to the center of the seat and was firmly held in place with the seat belt there. I'd lifted my arm and let her snuggle under it. She was sighing so loud it truly sounded like she was purring.

As I felt her vibrations surge deep into my chest I knew she was extremely happy. I knew I was. Yes, I did have a short surge of sadness that I'd missed so many years of her life, as I had missed with Lindie, but my daughter was making up for lost time real quickly.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.