Displacement
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Jimmy

The nurse assured Miss White that it was normal for coma patients to have spasms that could be mistaken for intentional movement by hopeful family members, I sat there unable to scream at the nurse that she was wrong.

Miss White continued to hold my hand crying, she started to talk to me, she told me what had been happening legally, the company was doing well, so well in fact that she was able to afford to pursue my custody and injunction into my parents parental rights. I was impressed at her level of resourcefulness and composure, she had lost her teaching job and I was sorry for that, but overall she seemed happier besides worrying about me that is.

The talk about the company and the patents we had made me think about that part of me that was Jenny, in doing so I found I still had access to all the information and memories she had, so much so it was like looking at my own, I found myself getting lost in all the information there, I was coming up with numerous reasons to explain Jenny's absence which caused me to forget about Miss White. When I came out of my thoughts it was already nightfall and she had gone.

With out thinking I reached for the phone at the side of my bed and dialed Miss White's phone, it rang three times before she answered, she sounded as if she had just woke up.

"Hello whats wrong is he okay?" Miss white said concerned.

"I am fine Miss White, I just wanted to call and thank you for all you have done." I said.

There was silence on the phone, and I heard a loud bang as she dropped the phone, I laughed.

"We have so much to do." I said more to myself.

Jenny

I felt her acceptance of her fate, the total contentment of someone at peace, unfortunately for her I was going to have to intervene.

Re sync enabled displacement variant down 15%

I was back in the white room, one moment I was in the cave the next I was on the floor in the white room, I sat up looking at my hands, I had learned much so far, was I in the spirit world or was this the pocket dimension that held my awareness.

I sifted through the new information in my head, even the vampires biology had given me ideas I could use if needed, none of it changed the fact I had to get back to Jimmy, I focused on that love of him, the love I felt was more paternal I thought, so thats what I tried to focus on.

The shift was instant, but I ended up in darkness, I could not feel a host, I could feel nothing, I sensed something in the distance it was a dim pinpoint of light, I followed it till my vision expanded, I was watching through the eyes of someone washing dishes, from the perspective it was a women.

"hello?"

She froze for a second but resumed washing dishes.

"Can you hear me"

She stopped again, she put down the plate and looked around, she calmly wiped her hands on her apron and walked to one of the cupboards, inside where several prescriptions, she began to look through them.

I noticed they all consisted of anti-anxiety drugs and anti-psychotics.

"Oh no your not crazy, Im really here"

I saw her hands shaking and got worried, before I could say anything else I felt everything blur, I found myself in a child's room where what appeared to be a tea party taking place, two young girls sat across from each other playing, one of them looked right at me and was scowling, she looked very familiar but I could not place it.

"Suzy we have a guest." The frowning girl said.

Suzy looked around and seemed startled to see me, I looked down at my hands and they where mine not a host, much like in the white room."

"Jenny who is she." Suzy said moving behind the frowning girl.

I looked at both of them eyebrow raised.

"She was bothering your mother, I brought her here so she wouldn't upset her." Jenny said watching me.

I couldn't sense any host I was attached to, I was still startled by what had happened in the kitchen.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Rude too Suzy, she barges in here and doesn't introduce herself." The child named Jenny said.

"Mommy said you should mind your manners." Suzy nodded.

"Im sorry, um I think I am lost my name is Jenny Taylor, its um ... a pleasure to meet you two." I said

Suzy giggled and waved at me, Jenny just glared at me.

"So why are you here Jenny Taylor?" Jenny asked.

"Like I said I got lost, I am looking for someone, Jenny can you tell me how all this is working? I waved at me and her." I asked.

Jenny looked at Suzy, and at me.

"Suzy I have to go play with Jenny here for a bit, ill be back." Jenny said.

I watched as the two children hugged and Jenny walked over to me reaching up to my hand, I took it.

"You promise you will be back?" Suzy asked.

"Don't worry Suzy Ill be right back." Jenny smiled at Suzy.

There was a shift to my vision, I was still in the room with Jenny and Suzy, Jenny let go of my hand and was looking at me frowning.

"She cant see us anymore, Now what the hell do you think your doing." Jenny said crossing her arms.

I looked down at the child, she had her arms crossed and the look of anger was comical.

"Im looking for home, how are you doing all this, why do you look like us at 5?" I asked.

She frowned and got a far away look.

"When I first got here Beverly, Suzy Mom, well she couldn't take it, she had a break down, she was in High School at the time, so I walled myself up in her mind, I made a prison for myself there to prevent me from harming her." Jenny said looking at Suzy.

"I stayed there for years to myself, analyzing my prison and world in there, I created a very detailed fantasy in there, I watched as Beverly fell in love, got married, had Suzy, all up here." Jenny said tapping her head.

"Thats horrible" I said frowning.

"Its not so bad, I entertained myself pretty well, it all changed one day when Suzy was 2, Beverly was taking her to her mothers house, they got in a crash, I saved Beverly easily but Suzy was badly injured, in those moments I did what I could, somehow I saved Suzy and created a connection with her." Jenny said

"And this connection allows you to be seen by her?" I asked.

"Yes, I can make myself seen to her, through the link, although technically I still reside in her mothers head, I spend many hours with Suzy though as her friend and protector." Jenny said smilling.

"Wow thats amazing, the connection between her and you is there anyway I could see it, I could use the information." I said.

I started at the beginning and told her everything, she nodded along and added in her opinions, despite years of isolation she still sharp, when I was done she was looking at Suzy thoughtfully.

"The connection was a tumor like mass I some how added to her head when I was trying to heal her after the crash." Jenny said looking very much like an adult despite her body.

I pushed the information I had gained to her and she flinched, but soon got a far away look, she started to laugh.

"Wow, here you are traversing the cosmos trying to solve the mysterious of dimensional travel and here I play imaginary friend to a 6 year old." Jenny said shaking her head.

We went back to being visible to suzy and played with her until she fell asleep, we watched as her mom looking sufficiently medicated put her to bed, we stood for awhile watching her sleep.

"I wonder what would have been if she had handled me being in her head ... Could we have been great inventors, the 80s are a good time to be an inventor" Jenny sighed.

I stayed another day with young me and Suzy, I studied the link that branched from the mother to the child the whole time, I could think being visible to Jimmy would be useful, beyond that I was unsure of what other uses I could come up with, when it was time to leave I was surprised when the two young girls hugged me and I felt it, that made for some interesting thoughts about this abillity.

"Good luck Big Jenny" Suzy said smiling at me.

"Good luck Jenny, I hope everything works out." The young me said.

I smiled at them both.

"Me too, take care of each other." I said before I focused on leaving.

It was becoming easier for me to pull myself away and return to the white room, as was arriving at a new dimension as I begun to think of it, at the rate I was progressing I was hoping to soon be able to return to Jimmy.

Re sync enabled displacement variant down 35%

Jimmy

It had been a rough month, I had awoken to an intense custody battle between my parents and my corporation, which thanks to Miss White and the patents Jenny had left her had grown by leaps and bounds in the 3 months I had been out. Once I was awake it changed everything, I was able to speak on my own behalf. I had voiced my beliefs my parents had been trying to put me in a home before all this happened, and that as soon as I was in a coma my father had wanted to pull the plug.

"Jimmy don't you blow your self up in there." Came from the door as my Grandmother entered the basement.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.