Displacement - Cover

Displacement

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Chapter 7

Jimmy.

The past few weeks had gone off without a hitch, I was gaining popularity at school, and my parents had begun to accept the new me.

Jenny and I were outside practicing forms when Mom called me into the house. I walked in to find Miss White sitting on our couch, looking a little nervous.

"Miss White said she came to discuss some extra credit project she assigned you," Mom said.

I nodded rapidly.


"Yes, Mom, I needed some help with some aspects of it. It has to do with the Patents I am working on."

"Okay, honey," Mom nodded. "I have some reports to work on, so I'll be in my office if either of you need anything," Mom said.

Miss White nodded, "Thank you Mrs Connor."

"No, Miss White, thank you for helping Jimmy. I know you have always been very supportive of his development."

With that she left the room, leaving me with a very nervous looking Miss White.

Jimmy, maybe I should handle this.

Sure, Jenny.

Jenny.

I shifted a little bit and smiled at her as Miss White watched me curiously, with a raised eyebrow.

"Lets go to my room so we can talk more privately."

"Sure, Jimmy,"

I lead her to our room, where she looked around at all the mechanical drawings and the computer. Then she picked up a couple of my drawings and smiled.

"Patents?" Miss White asked.

I nodded, "Yes, most relate to my old work, and I am hoping to have some built."

She sat down on my bed and sighed.

"I wanted to believe you were insane, Jenny; I am talking to Jenny, right?"

"Yes, you are. Jimmy is here listening, though," I replied, tapping my temple.

"I can tell, your posture changes, and when you speak you sound more sure of yourself. You do know what day it is, right?"

"The day the pope died," I said.

She nodded.

"Well, since I am not your teacher, you can call me Karen. Jimmy, you still call me Miss White," Karen said.

Yes, Ma'am

I felt Jimmy's mental nod.

"Thank you Karen, and like I said, you can call me Jimmy or Jenny, whatever makes you most comfortable. By the way, Jimmy says 'Yes, Ma'am' to still calling you Miss White."

She smiled at that, and then raised a finger. "So, Jenny, if you are from the future, you really work at MIT, and you some how beamed your self into Jimmy, the question still remains. Why tell me, and what do you want from me?"

"I need an adult, Karen, one I can trust, someone to do things that I can't do myself."

"What about Jimmy's parents?"

"They are Doctors, Karen. If I tell them about me I will be on the operation table getting myself removed from Jimmy's head. If they could guarantee it wouldn't harm him, I would gladly do it, but I don't know what that would do to him. Jimmy definitely does not want his AS to return."

She nodded slowly.

"What kind of things do you want me to do, Jenny? I won't do anything illegal."

I shook my head. "No, of course not, I would never ask that of you. What I need is an employee. I would pay you a salary, and you would work for me. We will start a company, in your name, of course, to invest with. I will give you the investments and you will make them, the company gets the profits and I pay you a full salary with benefits."

"That's awfully ambitious of you, Jenny. What do intend all of this to lead to?" Karen asked with a slight frown.

"Well, first I need a lab to build my equipment. I ... WE have several long term goals, goals that I hope we can meet. The patents I sent in should start getting attention soon. I plan to use some of that money to give you for starting this company."

Karen was closely watching me as I told her my plans. "What, exactly, are these goals, Jenny?"

I quickly considerred the ramifications of what I was about to tell her, as I framed my reply. "First, Jimmy and I need to be financially secure; I need his future to be provided for. Second, I need to try to save my Dad because, if I can't, he will die this year in a mine cave in. And, finally, I need to be able to continue my work if I am ever going to safely remove myself from Jimmy and get back."

I felt Jimmy panic at that.

Jimmy, one day I might have to leave you, but it won't be for quite a while, so you don't need to worry.

Oh! Okay, Jenny I will trust you.

Thank you, kiddo.

"What makes you think I'll go along with all of this?" Karen asked.

"Jimmy trusts you, that's why, and, did I mention the salary? I figure with my patents I can afford to pay you 40k a year plus a half percent on sales, and benefits. Oh, yes, and bonuses on the stock performance." I said.

Karen quietly whistled.

"Wow, I would have considered it for far less than that, Jenny," Karen said.

"Oh, in that case, can I decrease the offer?" I asked with a grin.

"I do have some conditions, though," Karen replied.

"What are they?"

"First, I have to consider Jimmy's welfare." Karen said.

"Of course."

"Second, you can help him study, but he can't cheat on his school work."

"I wouldn't ever think of it." I said.

"Third, you must never do anything to harm him."

"I won't, you have my solemn promise."


With that, Karen stood and held out her hand. "It's a deal, partner."

With that, I took her hand and shook it.

I told you she was cool.

Yes you did, Kid.

The doorbell rang and Karen and I both looked up.

"Hmm" I said.

"Jimmy, there are some people here to see you." Mom yelled from the front.

"Now, isn't that interesting! I knew I would stir things up with my patent applications, but this is still pretty darned quick. Come on, Karen, let's see who it is," I said, jumping up.

Karen raised an eyebrow at me and followed me to the front room, where we saw two men in suits sitting on the couch. They quickly stood up when we walked in. Then they both looked at each other when they saw me and smirked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.