Displacement
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2010 by dak

Jenny.

It had been several hours since I lost contact with Jimmy, I was busy being poked and prodded by the doctors in the E.R., Dr. Connor approached me after my cat scan.

"Hey Jim, well we are going to keep you over night, you know to make sure everything is okay." Dr. Connor said.

I could tell he was worried.

"Whats wrong dad?" I asked

"Well son something funny has come up on your scans and we need to go over the results with the neurologist." Dr. Connor said.

Oh crap, I thought, it was probably something to do with me.

"Dad, Im old enough to hear the truth, what is it?" I asked.

"Jim your acting odd, and well ... hell son your being damn strange, there is a mass on the scans, nothing large just something that shouldn't be there. I already called Mom and shes on the way here." Dr Connor said looking concerned.

"Oh, okay, well where is the mass located?" I asked.

"In your brain son, thats why we need a neurologist." Dr. Connor said.

"Dad, I figured that much, but what area of the brain are we talking about?" I asked.

I watched his eyebrow raise, I might be overstepping a line, but I was concerned for myself and for Jimmy.

"Well son its in an area called Temporal Lobe." He said

I nodded thinking.

"Where in the Temporal Lobe? Left or right hemisphere? How large of a mass?" I asked thinking.

I caught his startled look.

"Jim, I ... I think you should rest." He said turning and leaving me in the E.R. In a hurry.

Crap I may have said to much, I looked around the small area of the E.R., finding my chart I began to look through it, nothing much was there, I assumed the scan result had been given to a specialist already. I read some notes on my behavior, my eyes widening as I read, shit, they knew something was really wrong with me.

Jimmy.

I woke up feeling tired, I was in bed, not mine, I was in a hospital room with an iv going to my arm, I looked around quickly, instantly regretting the movement.

"Where am I?" I said.

"Oh so now you're awake." Jenny said sounding mad.

"What? Why are you mad?" I asked.

"Because when they asked me questions you should know I couldn't answer, as well as you neglecting to tell me somethings, we are in the hospital for observation now." Jenny said.

I looked at the window seeing it was night already.

"what time is it?" I asked.

"3am." Jenny said.

"Oh so am I okay?" I asked.

"Well you want the good news or the bad news?" Jenny asked.

"Um bad news?" I said.

"Oh okay, um you have a slight tumor, it looks in-operable." Jenny said.

"Slight tumor?" I said startled.

"Yeah the cat scan showed it, they don't know yet if its going to be a problem." Jenny said.

"Well what is the good news?" I said.

"I found out that I can control you when you sleep." Jenny said.

"What? Thats good news?!" I said startled

"Yeah its good for me, means I wont go nuts trapped in your head unable to do anything." Jenny said.

"Oh, can we get back to the tumor thing?" I asked.

"Well its not as bad as it sounds Jimmy, its okay I think I can handle it."

"Oh well thats a gosh darn relief." I said.

"Language young man." Jenny said with a smirk in her voice.

"Sorry" I said.

"Kidding Jimmy, your dad yelled at me when I said shit." Jenny said.

Just great I thought, I would probably hear more about that, my Dad felt profanity was the tool of a weak mind.

"Right, well tumor I think its me, if it is me, it wont be growing, I can sense it and it seems harmless, I was able to repair the damage around it." Jenny said.

"Wait what? Repair? And Damage? This is my brain we are discussing, that can't be good." I said.

"Well like I said, I repaired it, which is a plus, because I seem to have some extra level of control over your biology, which could be handy." Jenny said.

"What kind of control?" I asked.

"Well it looks like I can tweak how your body responds, I was able to accelerate the healing in your head, who knows what else I could do." Jenny said.

"Oh well could you keep the tweaking down to a minimum?" I asked.

"Sure thing Jimmy." Jenny said.

"So you are sure the tumor is you?" I asked.

"Well its hard to explain but I think some how your brain grew it to accommodate me, it expanded rapidly damaging the sections around it, but as it did I felt more secure, like I said hard to explain." Jenny said.

"So what are the doctors going to do about it?" I asked.

"Don't know, your Dad seems to favor the wait and see if it grows, they think you could have had it for sometime." Jenny said.

"Oh well I guess thats okay." I said.

"Yeah don't worry Jimmy Ill keep an eye on it just in case." Jenny said.

I sighed.

"Jimmy why didn't you tell me you have Asperger Syndrome" Jenny asked

"Why, is it important?" I asked

"Jimmy I already met your Mom and Dad, they both seem to think this tumor has seriously altered your symptoms, your Mom almost had a break down when I hugged her and she watched me interacting with your Dad, she wanted to know what the tumor did to you." Jenny said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.